Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

im just wondering why pac-mosley total ppv count has not been officially revealed yet. I smell something. Normally HBO will reveal its final acount just a week after the fight. For showtime, it has been month already. Some one has to ask TR OR SHOWTIME with these one coz pac-shame total ppv has lost its credibility and is in suspicion already.

time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 pm 
Heavyweight

They are happier if PPV results are not known, the tax collectors can't chase them :lol:

What is the suspicion all about ? Showtime wants Pacman to stay with them, HBO wants Pacman too. Obviously, PPV is good.

Just imagine it's 1 million PPV, that's enough to satisfy both HBO and Showtime.

By the way, is there a rule that they have to disclose PPV ? Just curious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
They are happier if PPV results are not known, the tax collectors can't chase them :lol:

What is the suspicion all about ? Showtime wants Pacman to stay with them, HBO wants Pacman too. Obviously, PPV is good.

Just imagine it's 1 million PPV, that's enough to satisfy both HBO and Showtime.

literally there is none. But not all rules have to be writeen, said or exist, we have to follow norms and traditions, coz after all, every law, rules etc are based on norms and traditions. Its like common sense and conscience.. In boxing, a fight with this magnitude, whether there is rules or none the ppv count has to be known to the boxing world, unless its a non ppv bout.

time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:24 pm 
Heavyweight

mauragon wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:

literally there is none. But not all rules have to be writeen, said or exist, we have to follow norms and traditions, coz after all, every law, rules etc are based on norms and traditions. Its like common sense and conscience.. In boxing, a fight with this magnitude, whether there is rules or none the ppv count has to be known to the boxing world, unless its a non ppv bout.

Well, I do not think it HAS to be known, because I don't care about it. I did not know Tyson's PPVs when I was watching him, but it wasn't important. To me, it's just nice to be known. Showtime wants a repeat and is challenging the HBO reign, so it obviously is good enough for them. So I would go with Socrates - "wisest is he who knows what he does not know" :lol:

Of course, for others, it HAS to be known. Maybe Floyd wants to know too, so he can know where he stands if negotiations do come.

Anyway, you guess 1.1, I would go with what Arum said, 1.4. Maybe Showtime is just taking longer than HBO, they don't have to be like HBO after all. Now 1.4 would be nice, as it beats de la Hoya-Pacman. But I think de la Hoya vs Pacman would have been bigger if it was held today. At that time, everybody thought de la Hoya would slaughter Pacman, so I guess less PPVs.

As for common sense and norms, well, too long a topic and topic might just get out of topic ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm 
Heavyweight

If it takes too long to release, it could mean something not worth crowing about. Just read between the lines of Bob Arum's statements. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:43 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I don't know what's the big deal of PPV count for you. IMO it doesn't matter, Mosley's performance was not worth a single PPV count.

Just suck it TS, it's part of non-HBO coverage. If HBO is so excited to release their PPV count to the public don't expect it from the other network. The mere fact that Showtime is still willing to match HBO's bid for Manny's next fight I think MP-SM PPV was a big success.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:41 pm 
Heavyweight

showtime doesn't probably follow hbo's broadcast of the ppv count... call it marketing strategy in a way i guess...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:48 pm 
Heavyweight

I am expecting SiopaoSpecial to post here with a one-liner degrading Pacquiao.

Ok Siopao, attack!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:43 pm 
Welterweight

NoFear_Pac wrote:
I don't know what's the big deal of PPV count for you. IMO it doesn't matter, Mosley's performance was not worth a single PPV count.

Just suck it TS, it's part of non-HBO coverage. If HBO is so excited to release their PPV count to the public don't expect it from the other network. The mere fact that Showtime is still willing to match HBO's bid for Manny's next fight I think MP-SM PPV was a big success.

I agree, MP-SM was probably a big success. Showtime won't reveal the PPV results coz HBO might bid more than the usual, if the result was indeed a big success.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:05 pm 
Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:
I am expecting SiopaoSpecial to post here with a one-liner degrading Pacquiao.

Ok Siopao, attack!

Bob Arum is hiding the 800k PPV buys for Pac vs Mosley. - SiopaoSpecial. :biglaugh:

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Been asking this too. Prolly, Showtime would take longer to count its PPV receipts as it has a broader market (4x that of HBO, if I'm not mistaken). But how long will it be for them to announce the final tally, hm... :?: