Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:11 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:22 am 
Featherweight

This story is posted now at http://www.ringsideboxingshow.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:00 am 
Heavyweight

Why not? Hell probobly won't fight again. They find him useless. Plus after all those promises about giving a great fight agaisnt pac, that make the ppv buyer mad at showtime they fell like they got cheated by them. Shane cheat as all. :lol:

Learning and progress comes from being open minded.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:44 am 
Lightweight

the link will take you to three more links to click before finding the so-called article. anyway, here's the article--

This week Showtime sent out a press release announcing they will be showing some “shocking” footage from the recent Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley fight. The press release provided a link that showed video footage of Mosley in between rounds telling his trainer Nazzim Richardson to stop the fight because he was unable to move. It’s video that will surely haunt Mosley for a long time.

The question is why is Showtime effectively throwing Mosley under the bus?

Could it be they are trying to save face after the boxing public was forced to pay some $64 for a fight that was less than a sparring session? Could it be that after hearing the reaction from dissatisfied fans that Showtime is trying to say, “Look, it wasn’t us who ripped you off. Blame Mosley.”

Showtime will air the Post Fight Camp 360 along with their Super Six Semi-Final bout this weekend and if the press release and video is any indication of things to come it’s pretty apparent that Showtime will attempt to point the finger of blame directly in Shane’s direction.

Had Showtime done their homework they may not be in the position of laying blame on someone else’s shoulders.

Did they not see the dismal performance by Shane against Sergio Mora in a draw? Did they not see a preview of things to come when Mosley bounced away from Mayweather for 10 rounds? Did they not see Shane struggle with Ricardo Mayorga for most of that fight until Mayorga gassed out and collapsed? Even then Mosley quickly went to the foot blisters card. Had they looked at this realistically they may not have been so eager to go all “carnival barker” for this show.

Furthermore, Mosley is a sure fire Hall of Famer and was a consummate gentleman during this promotion, out of respect doesn’t he deserve a little better treatment than this?

Trust me, Sugar is going to get more than his fair share of lumps from fans coming off this dismal performance. The last thing he needs is the televising network to pile on.

But it’s too late now, Mosley is getting hammered in chat rooms and blogs across the internet and the show hasn’t even aired yet.

I am not sure why Team Mosley allowed themselves to be mic’d up, but I know it’s a decision they regret now. In all honesty I doubt other corners will allow themselves such up close and personal coverage from now on.

And rightly so.

Don’t kid yourselves. This is not the first time a fighter has looked for a way out of a fight in between rounds and it most certainly won’t be the last. Yes, we expect much more from our Champions, but seriously, until you have a fighter bouncing leather off your face you are in no position to judge, never mind completely expose a struggling fighter who can’t defend himself against a superior foe.

Were the PPV fans ripped off that night? In a word, yes.

We had Fight Camp 360′s shoved down our throats and it made it hard for a lot of people not to buy into the “Snake Oil” Showtime was shilling.

So I guess…props to you Showtime for getting everyone to pay $64 for that phony elixir. But shame on you for looking for a way to absolve yourselves from all wrongdoing now that the Castor Oil has worked it’s way through the system and left us all feeling a bit crappy.

If by chance Showtime attempts to show Mosley in a positive light I will admit my error on Monday, but if they attempt to throw Mosley under the bus as I suspect, trust me, I will have more to say about that as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

This is Showtime's way of saying...

"we are on your side Manny"...

(remember a few weeks ago, shane and gf came out and tweeting that someone is injecting pac some peds or steroids in wild card gym.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:24 am 
Heavyweight

UHHH they dont care either way. If Manny was the one quitting, they would show it

its just their honest footage of what happened.

Remember, Manny also wanted to quit once, but Freddie Roach wouldnt allow it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:23 am 
Heavyweight

The writings were in the wall, a bad schooling by floyd and a horrible draw with a bum mora, yet again the gullible pactards believed in their dear "uncle" bob and bought that shiit, thank god for guys like arce, he saved the show...

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:38 am 
Middleweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:
The writings were in the wall, a bad schooling by floyd and a horrible draw with a bum mora, yet again the gullible pactards believed in their dear "uncle" bob and bought that shiit, thank god for guys like arce, he saved the show...

Agreed. Mexicans are great RESOURCES.

Been there, Done that.