Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:37 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: PPV Scam (PAC vs MOSLEY)
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:18 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 1914
During his interview with Teddy Atlas, David Tyler mentioned the following...

..."I read where close to 2 million people watched the Showtime PPV Scam (Pac vs. Mosley) to the tune of ~ $60.00 a pop. If just half of these people would send one frigging dollar to the foundation, think of how many people would benefit. If Top Rank contributed one dollar on a corporate level, I would be left speechless."

Here is the link... http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Tyler052511.htm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
There’s another potential Mexican tele-nobela award waiting for Marquez, the great ‘Mexican Whiner,’
the one who never loses a fight—only gets robbed.”— Boxing.com poster named Vince


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:01 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 pm
Posts: 676
I also read the interview. I found it funny at how good they thought their opinions were while patting each other at the back.

Atlas also made it sound that it was Manny who dictated the terms for the fight against De La Hoya. He also said that Margarito was weight-drained and had no more power against Pac.He also stated that Pac won't fight Mayweather because if he loses his stock will go down (What?? So now it's Pac who's scared of Floyd??). Atlas also said that Marquez was too old. So WHO IS HE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT? Ahhh...then he throws middleweight Sergio Martinez in the mix. But he said they shouldn't make Sergio go down in weight because he would lose his power. Is dumb Atlas for real??? Then he states that if Pacman beats Martinez without concessions then he would shut up and consider Pacman as one of the best (What? Not even the best??).

Tyler said Pacman was flawed even stating that Pacman has SLOW foot speed. He also said that Manny shouldn't fight Marquez because he's too old.

They also stated that Pacman would lose to the fighters during the Golden era because he was too flawed. What? But the Golden Era had same-day weigh ins. So that means that Pac would probably be fighting smaller guys in the golden era since they would end up being the same weight at fight night compared to now right?

Btw, whatever happened to the "anonymous" source of Atlas claiming Pac wanted to control the test results against Mayweather? Funny how he acted like it never happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:28 pm 
Offline
Featherweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 91
trustyler wrote:
I also read the interview. I found it funny at how good they thought their opinions were while patting each other at the back.

Atlas also made it sound that it was Manny who dictated the terms for the fight against De La Hoya. He also said that Margarito was weight-drained and had no more power against Pac.He also stated that Pac won't fight Mayweather because if he loses his stock will go down (What?? So now it's Pac who's scared of Floyd??). Atlas also said that Marquez was too old. So WHO IS HE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT? Ahhh...then he throws middleweight Sergio Martinez in the mix. But he said they shouldn't make Sergio go down in weight because he would lose his power. Is dumb Atlas for real??? Then he states that if Pacman beats Martinez without concessions then he would shut up and consider Pacman as one of the best (What? Not even the best??).

Tyler said Pacman was flawed even stating that Pacman has SLOW foot speed. He also said that Manny shouldn't fight Marquez because he's too old.

They also stated that Pacman would lose to the fighters during the Golden era because he was too flawed. What? But the Golden Era had same-day weigh ins. So that means that Pac would probably be fighting smaller guys in the golden era since they would end up being the same weight at fight night compared to now right?

Btw, whatever happened to the "anonymous" source of Atlas claiming Pac wanted to control the test results against Mayweather? Funny how he acted like it never happened.


Was it a coincidence that your handle "trustyler" almost near to David Tyler?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:31 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 pm
Posts: 676
deemoneyez wrote:
trustyler wrote:
I also read the interview. I found it funny at how good they thought their opinions were while patting each other at the back.

Atlas also made it sound that it was Manny who dictated the terms for the fight against De La Hoya. He also said that Margarito was weight-drained and had no more power against Pac.He also stated that Pac won't fight Mayweather because if he loses his stock will go down (What?? So now it's Pac who's scared of Floyd??). Atlas also said that Marquez was too old. So WHO IS HE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT? Ahhh...then he throws middleweight Sergio Martinez in the mix. But he said they shouldn't make Sergio go down in weight because he would lose his power. Is dumb Atlas for real??? Then he states that if Pacman beats Martinez without concessions then he would shut up and consider Pacman as one of the best (What? Not even the best??).

Tyler said Pacman was flawed even stating that Pacman has SLOW foot speed. He also said that Manny shouldn't fight Marquez because he's too old.

They also stated that Pacman would lose to the fighters during the Golden era because he was too flawed. What? But the Golden Era had same-day weigh ins. So that means that Pac would probably be fighting smaller guys in the golden era since they would end up being the same weight at fight night compared to now right?

Btw, whatever happened to the "anonymous" source of Atlas claiming Pac wanted to control the test results against Mayweather? Funny how he acted like it never happened.


Was it a coincidence that your handle "trustyler" almost near to David Tyler?


Oh yeah, just noticed that now. Lol!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:53 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm
Posts: 3668
Location: PHILIPPINES
Pols71 wrote:
During his interview with Teddy Atlas, David Tyler mentioned the following...

..."I read where close to 2 million people watched the Showtime PPV Scam (Pac vs. Mosley) to the tune of ~ $60.00 a pop. If just half of these people would send one frigging dollar to the foundation, think of how many people would benefit. If Top Rank contributed one dollar on a corporate level, I would be left speechless."

Here is the link... http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Tyler052511.htm
:lol: :lol: :lol:



We should ignore Ted Atlas. I think he is taking drugs too like Oscar. He is out of his mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:56 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:59 am
Posts: 29214
how many ppv hits did pac-mosley make?
seems a flop, arum ain't buzzing about it.

_________________
================================================================================================


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:05 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:16 am
Posts: 9507
mga 1.3m-1.4m buys daw tol.

_________________
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=cjp598mh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:07 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:59 am
Posts: 29214
studstar wrote:
mga 1.3m-1.4m buys daw tol.



ganun ba. not bad.. :D

_________________
================================================================================================


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:26 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:04 pm
Posts: 2013
Location: Makati
they said it's close to 2M so prolly it's 1.8 to 1.9 well it's just me.. if Arum not talkin about the real ppv, it's understandable business wise heck he may not even tell manny the real score..

_________________
BORN TO PARTY, FORCED TO WORK...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Posts: 1291
Location: cyclone
Atlas mouth is faster than his brain or maybe he is into something like oscar :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:58 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Gensan City
Atlas is supposed to be knowledgeable about boxing but he seems not. He is narrow-minded and and a little bit out of touch with reality. Is he a paid one?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:04 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Posts: 1291
Location: cyclone
willing_willie wrote:
Atlas is supposed to be knowledgeable about boxing but he seems not. He is narrow-minded and and a little bit out of touch with reality. Is he a paid one?

Absolutely he's not going to gamblehis reputation if not with $$$$ :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:19 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 1914
Per David Tyler, PPV buys close to 2M. If it is true then Pacman/Mosley was a success... 8)

_________________
There’s another potential Mexican tele-nobela award waiting for Marquez, the great ‘Mexican Whiner,’
the one who never loses a fight—only gets robbed.”— Boxing.com poster named Vince


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:13 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 1699
freewheeze wrote:
how many ppv hits did pac-mosley make?
seems a flop, arum ain't buzzing about it.

theres no official number yet.im just wondering why?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:18 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 10:37 am
Posts: 6410
Location: Barrio
Have they ever discredited a PPV#1 as much as they have Pacquiao?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group