Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 am 
According to Dan Rafael of espn.com, the May 7 bout that saw Manny Pacquiao score a lackluster unanimous decision over Shane Mosley was a box office success as the bout drew an estimated 1.3 million Pay Per View buys.

click for more

http://www.15rounds.com/pacquiao-%e2%80 ... ys-060911/


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:54 am
Posts: 9421
Location: VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!!!!
100k less than ppv king floyd mayweather....

:biglaugh:

_________________
systematically dismantling nuthuggers ;)

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 1699
THE MEXICAN wrote:
100k less than ppv king floyd mayweather....

:biglaugh:

considering mosley is already washed up and people still bought it.i dont think floyd can make 500,000 buys if he fought clottey after pacquiao made him a turtle. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:46 am
Posts: 609
the all american affair had only 1.4 million buys? no wonder floyd is poochy crying for lack of support from his countrymen. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:50 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:25 am
Posts: 1257
Location: Cebu City
rex david wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
100k less than ppv king floyd mayweather....

:biglaugh:

considering mosley is already washed up and people still bought it.i dont think floyd can make 500,000 buys if he fought clottey after pacquiao made him a turtle. 8)


if they fight the tittle should be

The Tortoise and the Hare


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:05 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 1699
THE MEXICAN wrote:
100k less than ppv king floyd mayweather....

:biglaugh:

remember 1.3 buys and counting fyi.imagine if pacquiao fought mosley before floyd.this is the drawing power of the beast of the east.mexicans are the only one who buy mayweather's fights as they are fooled with his sombrero wearing outfit whenever he fights.that explains his fight with dela hoya, juanma marquez and now ortiz,this is the only way he could make 1 million buys because of the large mexican fan base.then he will bragged how popular he is.you are getting fooled man big time:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 8602
Location: Ejumacating Pacland
1.3(Mosley) + 1.2(Margarito) = 2.5 M

Pacquiao is better business since he fights more than once a year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:13 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:06 pm
Posts: 1022
sixth sense wrote:
rex david wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
100k less than ppv king floyd mayweather....

:biglaugh:

considering mosley is already washed up and people still bought it.i dont think floyd can make 500,000 buys if he fought clottey after pacquiao made him a turtle. 8)


if they fight the tittle should be

The Tortoise and the Hare


i prefer roudrunner! it's much faster :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:47 pm
Posts: 1094
Location: City of Angels
panday wrote:
1.3(Mosley) + 1.2(Margarito) = 2.5 M

Pacquiao is better business since he fights more than once a year.


you nailed it there bro! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:28 pm
Posts: 143
For me I don't believe it should be more than considering the tickets is sold out much earlier compared to the FMJ mosley fight, I think the PPV buys is almost equivalent to how fast the tickets were sold. And why it takes time for them to release the PPV results? Actually in only two days they can already get the numbers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:56 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Valley Verde
Does it include PPV buys outside North America?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:21 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:14 pm
Posts: 4216
No need to compare it with Floyd's PPV.

Floyd is an american and he is supposed to have the bigger market since he has been exposed to the american public more than Pacquiao has been in his career.

Still, one wonders why Pacquiao does that kind of numbers for someone who is not even an american. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:55 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:30 pm
Posts: 589
Location: Patikul, Sulu
namme wrote:
No need to compare it with Floyd's PPV.

Floyd is an american and he is supposed to have the bigger market since he has been exposed to the american public more than Pacquiao has been in his career.

Still, one wonders why Pacquiao does that kind of numbers for someone who is not even an american. :)



aye! anytime a PPV hits 1M is considered a huge success already. not bad for non American fighter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:09 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:54 pm
Posts: 2183
Location: rosario, cavite
DaBoxer wrote:
the all american affair had only 1.4 million buys? no wonder floyd is poochy crying for lack of support from his countrymen. :lol:


:) :) :)

_________________
Always behave like a duck--keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:24 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:30 pm
Posts: 589
Location: Patikul, Sulu
here's another excellent article from dan rafael.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... id=6648293


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group