Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Wake up guys. Floyd and his team is taking us for a ride. even former boxing champs are joining the fray. he just wants maximum publicity with his eventual fight with manny. He doesnt mind to be the villain. he wants maximum payday. look at the offers, its getting higher and higher. when he learned about these, he decided to fight Ortiz, who is a lefty. A tune up fight for the lefty king. It helps Manny to also earn more when they fight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:21 pm 
Heavyweight

ah ok.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:01 pm 
Heavyweight

a ride on his bicycle!!!
that's where Floyd is always at when he fights, on his bike circling away from his opponent :lol:

" Manny Fights and Lives his Way, we all Watch and PAY "

..... Oompaloompa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

I respectfully disagree with the TS...

Namely, The Fight is on the downside as far as interest is concerned. Two Years ago even my friends who don't watch Boxing always told me to invite them when Manny fights FLOYD...Now they don't care.
Even a lot of Boxing Reporters and Sport Reporters are saying the samething who cares...

The Economy is Getting WORSE not BETTER....The Way things are going in the STATES, the DOW
could possibly be lower than 10,000 by May of Next Year, More People unemployed and as such there will be fewer people willing to put up $65 or more on a boxing event when they can barely pay the mortgage, put food on the table or gas in their cars.

The time to make this fight happen is rapidly diminishing. Even Standard & Poors who downgraded Greece to a Triple C (CCC) Rating stated that the United States isn't far behind if they don't turn it around.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 pm 
Heavyweight

ginbulag wrote:
Wake up guys. Floyd and his team is taking us for a ride. even former boxing champs are joining the fray. he just wants maximum publicity with his eventual fight with manny. He doesnt mind to be the villain. he wants maximum payday. look at the offers, its getting higher and higher. when he learned about these, he decided to fight Ortiz, who is a lefty. A tune up fight for the lefty king. It helps Manny to also earn more when they fight.

completely, 100 percent, absolutely agree! i even think bob arum has something to do with pac-may not fighting yet. all nuthuggers are already in. thy're waiting for the casual viewers.

... they're waiting for an avalanche, world avalanche before they let this happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:39 pm 
Heavyweight

HUNA wrote:

Namely, The Fight is on the downside as far as interest is concerned. Two Years ago even my friends who don't watch Boxing always told me to invite them when Manny fights FLOYD...Now they don't care.
Even a lot of Boxing Reporters and Sport Reporters are saying the samething who cares...

The Economy is Getting WORSE not BETTER....The Way things are going in the STATES, the DOW
could possibly be lower than 10,000 by May of Next Year, More People unemployed and as such there will be fewer people willing to put up $65 or more on a boxing event when they can barely pay the mortgage, put food on the table or gas in their cars.

The time to make this fight happen is rapidly diminishing. Even Standard & Poors who downgraded Greece to a Triple C (CCC) Rating stated that the United States isn't far behind if they don't turn it around.

boxing is like pawnshop brod. the slower the economy the better the business. boxing was the number one sport during the great depression.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:29 am 
Heavyweight

insoyuz72 wrote:
HUNA wrote:

boxing is like pawnshop brod. the slower the economy the better the business. boxing was the number one sport during the great depression.

boxing is like a pawnshop ? the slower the economy the better ? where did you study ? :shock:

" Manny Fights and Lives his Way, we all Watch and PAY "

..... Oompaloompa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:30 am 
Cruiserweight

They weren't paying $55/65 Dollars for a Fight during the Great Depression!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 am 
Middleweight

I completely disagree with you TS. The way I see it and have seen it through Floyd's history he is not gonna fight Manny, not this year not next year or ever. He did it with Casamayor, with Kosta Tzyu, with Margarito, Cotto and Clottey so same reason he will do it with Pac, avoid the fight and preserve his 0.
Maybe we need to look for the real reason why he decided to make this fight with Ortiz, I can see a couple and maybe others can see more;
1. He sees Ortiz as the safest and best fight for him at this stage, Ortiz having a title and a good resume after beating Berto, Maidana just showed the way to beat him.
2. He is in bad financial situation right now, what with all these litigations and IOUs to fitty cents, not to mention the IRS, and that one Manny and Top Rank lawsuit has against him that may cost him several millions.
So don't be surprised if after the Ortiz fight you see Floyd go into hybernation for the umpth time again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 am 
Heavyweight

HUNA wrote:
They weren't paying $55/65 Dollars for a Fight during the Great Depression!

well. no matter how bad the financial situation is, people want to have fun and boxing seem to fit right during these times. they'll just "chip-in" on the 50 bucks. Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:20 am 
Cruiserweight

Pacman Reloaded Wrote:

So don't be surprised if after the Ortiz fight you see Floyd go into hybernation for the umpth time again.

I also believe this will happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:56 am 
Light Heavyweight

pacman reloaded wrote:
I completely disagree with you TS. The way I see it and have seen it through Floyd's history he is not gonna fight Manny, not this year not next year or ever. He did it with Casamayor, with Kosta Tzyu, with Margarito, Cotto and Clottey so same reason he will do it with Pac, avoid the fight and preserve his 0.
Maybe we need to look for the real reason why he decided to make this fight with Ortiz, I can see a couple and maybe others can see more;
1. He sees Ortiz as the safest and best fight for him at this stage, Ortiz having a title and a good resume after beating Berto, Maidana just showed the way to beat him.
2. He is in bad financial situation right now, what with all these litigations and IOUs to fitty cents, not to mention the IRS, and that one Manny and Top Rank lawsuit has against him that may cost him several millions.

Let me ask you something. How much will Floyd earn fighting these five fighters you mentioned, combined. I doubt if it will reach 5M. fighting Manny will give him 50M or more. Floyd, Big Floyd and Uncle Roger need money badly. But they want big money. Anyway, I can win the debate and proven wrong or vice versa. Let us wait unitl 2012, then we will know who will eat his words.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:04 am 
Heavyweight

OompaLoompa wrote:
insoyuz72 wrote:
HUNA wrote:

boxing is like a pawnshop ? the slower the economy the better ? where did you study ? :shock:

um let me guess, Cebuana university?

hahaha...jk.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:09 am 
Lightweight

People can't wait, they are afraid of 2012 it might be the end of the world. NASA said the world will be 4 Degrees hotter in the next 10 monhts. You will be the judge... We want it know while we are still breathing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:31 am 
Heavyweight

Desert Fox wrote:
um let me guess, Cebuana university?

hahaha...jk.

m. lhuillier actually. that's why i know a lot about pawnshops. :lol: