Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7712 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I think he is referring to Alvarado

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

thinker_twister wrote:
McClane wrote:
Quote:
thinking_twisted wrote:

I am quite confused of the composition of the Philippines' AZKALS TEAM.
How come, except for Alexander Borromeo,
all their names and faces appeared to be NON-FILIPINOS? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Now tell me...are the names Aboitiz, Ayala, Gokongwei, Webb, Jaworski, Lhuillier, Barbers...appeared to be NON-FILIPINOS to you? Look at their faces as well...can you tell me they are NON-FILIPINOS?

There are 100+ million Filipinos and 10+ million of them are scattered around the globe...

It just happen that many of the AZKALS players are kids of these 10+ million Filipinos...and they have all the rights to represent the Philippines in Football competitions simply because they are Filipinos!

Hndi ba nandaraya lang tayo nito... meron ngang PBA imported player, kahit hindi pinoy, pilit na ginawang PINOY...alam mo ba ito? :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

McClane wrote:
If you are pertaining to Marcus Douthit and Andray Blatche, they became Philippine passport holder via naturalization process which is legal and normal practice among national basketball teams in Asian countries and even American and European countries as well.

Now back to to the Philippine Azkals...all the Filipino - Foreign players that we have have either their Filipino father or mother that made them eligible to secure a Philippine passport. There is no naturalized player in Azkals lineup, unlike other countries like Bahrain that has a Nigerian citizen player that they naturalized and became Bahrain passport holder. Same case with Singapore national football team.

In the case of Misagh Bahadoran, who's popularity is now soaring high due to his 2 goals in the first two games of the Azkals in the qualifiers, he was born in Pampanga, Philippines to a Filipina mother and an Iranian father.

I wonder if Austrian people are questioning the eligibility of David Alaba (one of Bayern Munich's star players) for playing for the Austrian national football team. He has a Nigerian father and a Filipina mother (no Austrian bloodline, huh), but he was born in Vienna thus making him eligible to play for Austria.... 8) 8) 8)

What I read on these questionable PBA imported players,
they are not qualified to be declared as NATURALIZED FILIPINO Citizens
but due to INFLUENCE by Padrinos, they were ultimately given the papers! Am I correct on my observation? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:06 pm 
Cruiserweight

thinker_twister wrote:

but due to INFLUENCE by Padrinos, they were ultimately given the papers! Am I correct on my observation? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

This thread is about the AZKALS.
And the Azkals play soccer - not basketball.
Not unless PBA for you means Put Bol Association. :lol:

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!!Will Rogers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:09 pm 
Welterweight

McClane wrote:
pubringjuandelacruz wrote:
boysalat wrote:
ilan games dpat mapanalo para mag qualify?
mukha matitindi mga kalaban for Asia ba ito?

each team will play total of 8 games. and only the top 2 (correct me if I'm wrong) on each bracket will be qualified to the next stage.

There are 8 groups in the 2nd round of qualification.
Each group has 5 countries playing in a home and away games (total of 8 games for each country).
The top country of each group (total of eight) will proceed to the 3rd round of qualification.
The 8 second placers will be ranked, and the top 4 second placers will proceed as well to the 3rd round.
This means 8 first placers and 4 best second placers of each group ( total of 12) will proceed to the 3rd round.
The 12 countries in the third round will be divided into 2 groups (6 countries per group).
Each group will be playing in a home and away games (total of 10 games for each country).

The top 2 countries of each group will qualify to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (4 slots are provided for Asia in the World Cup).

ang dami palang pagdadaanan. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:57 am 
Heavyweight

Wow, i expected this in 15 or 20 years time.This is a blessing. :jumpballs:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:14 am 
Middleweight

each team will play total of 8 games. and only the top 2 (correct me if I'm wrong) on each bracket will be qualified to the next stage.[/quote]

There are 8 groups in the 2nd round of qualification.
Each group has 5 countries playing in a home and away games (total of 8 games for each country).
The top country of each group (total of eight) will proceed to the 3rd round of qualification.
The 8 second placers will be ranked, and the top 4 second placers will proceed as well to the 3rd round.
This means 8 first placers and 4 best second placers of each group ( total of 12) will proceed to the 3rd round.
The 12 countries in the third round will be divided into 2 groups (6 countries per group).
Each group will be playing in a home and away games (total of 10 games for each country).

The top 2 countries of each group will qualify to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (4 slots are provided for Asia in the World Cup).[/quote]

ang dami palang pagdadaanan. :shock:[/quote]

I don't expect us to qualify for the world cup, afc Asian cup pwede na para saken and through this qualification we can also go to Asian cup.. hehehe
4 slots in world cup means : Japan, S.Korea, Australia, and Iran, hehehe :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:14 am 
Cruiserweight

MrBoxOffice wrote:
thinker_twister wrote:

You are correct, this thread deals on the AZKALS, not PBA.
But influence-peddling in the PBA imports played vital role in the
naturalization of foreigners..., it is not remote that this arm-twisting could also
happen in the recruitment of AZKALS?.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:10 am 
Middleweight

Quote:
I don't expect us to qualify for the world cup, afc Asian cup pwede na para saken and through this qualification we can also go to Asian cup.. hehehe
4 slots in world cup means : Japan, S.Korea, Australia, and Iran, hehehe :D :D :D

Looking at the recent AFC Asian Cup 2015, Bahrain, Uzbekistan and North Korea were grouped and competitively played against the likes of Iran, Saudi Arabia, China and UAE which are considered some of powerhouse asian countries in football. The Azkals is grouped with Bahrain, Uzbekistan and North Korea. They have already beaten Bahrain. We'll see how the Azkals would score against Uzbekistan and North Korea. From there, we can gauge if we have a chance to dethrone Iran in the top 4 asian slots for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

With the way they played in the first two games against Bahrain and Yemen, it looks like there's a good chance of advancing to the 3rd round and play against the asian powerhouse countries...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:13 am 
Light Heavyweight

How come Iran is so good in football and basketball?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:34 am 
Heavyweight

boysalat wrote:

Prolly they really love to play balls err ball.. :mrgreen:

To be the one so dog preferred."
- Robert Frost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:58 am 
Bantamweight

boysalat wrote:

I have the same question bro.

But guess what. I am curious enough that leads me to Google. The Brits brought the sports in Iran since 1800+ kopong kopong pa. Most likely they liked the sports from then until now. I believe most of the Middle eastern tv are showing european football leagues day in and day out, maybe free tv. You can see the youtube uploads in arabic language. Point is its very popular in Iran. And this is one of the reasons I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:01 pm 
Bantamweight

McClane wrote:
Quote:

Looking at the recent AFC Asian Cup 2015, Bahrain, Uzbekistan and North Korea were grouped and competitively played against the likes of Iran, Saudi Arabia, China and UAE which are considered some of powerhouse asian countries in football. The Azkals is grouped with Bahrain, Uzbekistan and North Korea. They have already beaten Bahrain. We'll see how the Azkals would score against Uzbekistan and North Korea. From there, we can gauge if we have a chance to dethrone Iran in the top 4 asian slots for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

With the way they played in the first two games against Bahrain and Yemen, it looks like there's a good chance of advancing to the 3rd round and play against the asian powerhouse countries...

Praying to at least to reach Asian Cup.

At the same token, sana tuloy tuloy ang support the business sector para di na maulit yung dati na nagka-issue dahil sa pera.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:06 pm 
Heavyweight

boysalat wrote:

their nation is built for running

kaya nga I - RAN

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
boysalat wrote:

their nation is built for running

kaya nga I - RAN

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Persian ancestors are great soldiers of war!
It is in the GENES!

Why are Afro-Americans are better ballers/athletes than pure African counterparts?

It is like employment. American slave owners chose the best/fittest African people.
The off-springs of these Afro-Americans are now dominating the sports.
Plus the scientific training they get.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:48 pm 
Middleweight

thinker_twister wrote:
MrBoxOffice wrote:
thinker_twister wrote:

You are correct, this thread deals on the AZKALS, not PBA.
But influence-peddling in the PBA imports played vital role in the
naturalization of foreigners..., it is not remote that this arm-twisting could also
happen in the recruitment of AZKALS?.

Why should we import naturalized players when we can produce in-the-bloodline players with our Fil-foreign brothers? Aren't this bloodlines making waves already in foreign lands so why naturalize? Some even forego of playing in the foreign land just to play for the country. Football has been in the country for so long now.

I'm just wondering why you keep on pulling the team down. I suggest try to pump yourself for your own gratification and satisfaction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7712 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515  Next