Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:01 pm 
Middleweight

There is little synchronization among strikers. Phil is not situated that well. At the same time, the midfielders are not creating a very good plays.

On the other hand, we should be attacking the wings but I could not see any successful wing attacks. We could have crushed Chinese Taipei easily.

I think we have seen a plateau in the performance of Philippine team. It has been ranked 166 and surprisingly Mongolia has overtaken the Azkals.

TO sustain a very competitive team in football, we should be deploying real professionals and good thing that UFL is already on its kick-off and will be a good ground to develop competitive footballers in our country.

Also, I could not see any quality of plays among the Azkals. They do not have as many chances as they could have and there are lots of things that they need to improve. They do not have any synchronize attacks in the box and it seems that they spend most of the time in the midfield. It is always a tug-of-war in the midfield which is not a good sign.

The defensive end is not good. There are many opportunities of the foes to take advantage. The Azkals could not sustain it and could concede a lot of goals.

I would rather laud the intensity of Mcnemeny's style of play where in they concentrate on the defense and look for the opportunities in the break. In the end, it will wear down the opponent who will concentrate in offense.

The defensive type of play has been employed by Norwich City against the formidable Manchester United in Old Trafford. For almost majority of the game, Norwich held Manchester United into Nil-Nil and there had been a lot of opportunities for Norwich. It just show how defensive stance can be overcome by attacking stance. If you tried to look at it, Weiss, in fairness to him, had employed a more aggressive stance which we still lack. We do not have the finishing quality yet. And while we might just be relying on Chieffy and Phil, that is not enough. For this reason, we really have to take the defensive stance and fortify it with a 4-2-2-1-1 stance wherein the two midfielders will be placed in the back to help the defensive backs. on the other hand, a striker and a center midfield will be leading the path for a breakaway attack.

I hope we could see some developments in Azkals.

Bisitaa ang akong mga sugilanon sa www.mga-sugilanon.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:11 pm 
Heavyweight

I agree.

We are rightly ranked based on the quality of football and players we have at our disposal.We definitely need to keep

improving. One step at a time. We have seen some improvements. But at this is not good enough against the real good

teams.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:18 pm 
Middleweight

Numero uno wrote:
I agree.

We are rightly ranked based on the quality of football and players we have at our disposal.We definitely need to keep

improving. One step at a time. We have seen some improvements. But at this is not good enough against the real good

teams.

I think we need to practice on the quality of breaks and offensive play.

On the other hand, we also have to fortify our defense. This is the only way we can develop into a powerful team. We have beaten Vietnam because of our defensive play and we can defeat them again if we just stick to our defense. On the other hand, we can outplay Singapore this time around by employing the same tactics that Simon Mcnemeny employed against them.

Azkals' offensive end is not so good. So, they could not go through in it if they just stick to the same offensive brand of play.

If the Azkals will play defense by tomorrow, surely, they will be able to create chances in the breaks. It is not surprising that some teams are easily defeated because of the defensive type of play.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm 
Heavyweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
I agree.

teams.

I think we need to practice on the quality of breaks and offensive play.

On the other hand, we also have to fortify our defense. This is the only way we can develop into a powerful team. We have beaten Vietnam because of our defensive play and we can defeat them again if we just stick to our defense. On the other hand, we can outplay Singapore this time around by employing the same tactics that Simon Mcnemeny employed against them.

Azkals' offensive end is not so good. So, they could not go through in it if they just stick to the same offensive brand of play.

If the Azkals will play defense by tomorrow, surely, they will be able to create chances in the breaks. It is not surprising that some teams are easily defeated because of the defensive type of play.

Part of the reason was the Azkals fieled under 23 players against Macau some of our top notch players were not there.It

will be a different team.We will struggle with this group of players.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:03 pm 
Heavyweight

I must admit I was frustrated with the long balls of Azkals...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:35 am 
Middleweight

BURROWS wrote:
I must admit I was frustrated with the long balls of Azkals...

Long balls are good. But, they need to employ them during the breaks. The worst thing I can see is the pointless attacks. They are just attacking with defensive ends active on attack.

On the other hand, they could have made a blitz form of attack. Work on their defense and then if opportunity will let (there is always opportunity) they can swarm immediately.

The Azkals does not have the offensive arsenal the same way as Spain has. However, what they could do is to make sure that they could get a clean slate and attack when it is necessary.

It is still a long way to go before the Philippine team could field good talents. But, if they will stick to the lessons from every club games and learn it by heart, they could imitate it and apply it to their game.

I think they need to practice breaking attacks. We only need one Messi-like and we can find it in Chieffy. If he is left unmark, then we can bury the other ASEAN teams.

It is still a long way to go for the Philippines to catch up with the rest of the world. But, with frequent exposure to club games, thanks to AKTV-13, we could learn a lot and hopefully UFL will help in leveraging the quality of football players we have.

There are lot of quality players coming from the south especially in the Visayas where football has been a good past time. I think we can level up our play and slowly and surely we can qualify in FIFA World Cup.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

Good selection of players and right program..
Azkals are on the right track..
magbubunga din ito..

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines_national_football_team
The Philippines national football team is the national football team of the Philippines and represents the country in international football. The team is controlled by the Philippine Football Federation (PFF), the governing body of football in the Philippines.
Despite being one of the oldest national teams in Asia, the Philippines has never qualified for the Asian Cup or the World Cup. However, they enjoyed some success in its early years between 1913 and 1934 in the Far Eastern Championship Games.

no need to blame basketball for this..

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:09 am 
Middleweight

jolz wrote:
Good selection of players and right program..
Azkals are on the right track..
magbubunga din ito..

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines_national_football_team
The Philippines national football team is the national football team of the Philippines and represents the country in international football. The team is controlled by the Philippine Football Federation (PFF), the governing body of football in the Philippines.
Despite being one of the oldest national teams in Asia, the Philippines has never qualified for the Asian Cup or the World Cup. However, they enjoyed some success in its early years between 1913 and 1934 in the Far Eastern Championship Games.

no need to blame basketball for this..

You are right..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:28 pm 
Cruiserweight

Just watch any premier leagues in Europe (even at 2nd div), then watch the azkals play, i bet you will do this..

i still believe that the skill level gap is still at reach for the AZKALS..

they must improve on their:
*Possession Control
*Patience
*Fluidity

anyways, I know that they are still improving, goodluck against Singapore!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:23 pm 
Middleweight

psi wrote:
Just watch any premier leagues in Europe (even at 2nd div), then watch the azkals play, i bet you will do this..

i still believe that the skill level gap is still at reach for the AZKALS..

they must improve on their:
*Possession Control
*Patience
*Fluidity

anyways, I know that they are still improving, goodluck against Singapore!

You're right. Those are the things that the AZKALS should improve. However, this can be improved with more exposure to international play and of course a good domestic league.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:42 am 
Heavyweight

Yeah, we notice our weaknesses on the field.Our passing game, ball control, fluidity and one on one ability to get past the defenders are definitely not up to world class standards.We just don't have that kind of world class athletes at our disposals.They often get beat on the defensive end. Cause they are too slow to stay with the opponent and not physically strong enough to challenge the opponent.Also they can't link up, up-front quick enough.Passing and delivery of the ball is not great.We just don't know if we can get those kinds of players that can create and capitalize on opportunities.Well, the only thing we can do is keep going and improving..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 am 
Lightweight

experience and tactics are needed.. We are lacking on offense and very poor defense!

http://francside174.wapka.mobi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:28 pm 
Middleweight

Numero uno wrote:
Yeah, we notice our weaknesses on the field.Our passing game, ball control, fluidity and one on one ability to get past the defenders are definitely not up to world class standards.We just don't have that kind of world class athletes at our disposals.They often get beat on the defensive end. Cause they are too slow to stay with the opponent and not physically strong enough to challenge the opponent.Also they can't link up, up-front quick enough.Passing and delivery of the ball is not great.We just don't know if we can get those kinds of players that can create and capitalize on opportunities.Well, the only thing we can do is keep going and improving..

Just as what I have told you, they should have concentrated on defensive end. However, they were not able to do so. Instead, they tried to put a pointless offense which in the end is pointless.

They should have worn out the Singaporean defense first before they could concentrate on their offense.

On the brighter side, I can see two improvements,

*The Azkals can get a better finish and could improve on them.
*The Azkals have a very good chance on the goals and could take opportunities.
*The Azkals can compete without being routed. Malaysia was routed by Singapore. This would mean that the Azkals have a decent finish in this friendlies.

These are the things we can hope for in the next Azkals games:

*Patience, Patience, Patience
They lack the patience and would want to attack the goal there and there. On the other hand, it usually take a lot of time to do so. In order for them to do so, they should have the mentality of a late goal and wearing the opponent until they will be open. However, they do not have this. They tried to attack the goal as early and the Singaporean defense are still very fresh. On the other hand, there are opportunities which might have been converted easily if they have trained harder.

*More Training!
I think the reason a lot of classy players were able to keep in shape is because they trained hard and they were able to sustain that level of play. On the other hand, these guys does not have enough exposure and training is not so much good with them. Although I do agree that some of them are in European leagues but they are not in top tier leagues.

*More Technical Know-How
For us to be able to sustain a top class performance, Azkals should send missions to the top clubs in Europe. They should learn some of the tactics. They could get a partnership with FC Barcelona or Real who wants to extend fan base here in the Philippines. In this way, they could get a decent know-how and techniques in football. Weiss technical know-how is limited to U23. So, it is different with seniors team.

*Professional League
With UFL, i hope they will be able to sustain the needed exposure in games. For sure, they could keep their conditions and perhaps, enhance their skills in the league. Also, I hope football fans will look at this as an opportunity to learn the sports. It is something that we can excel and through perseverance and hardwork, we could be at the top flight just like our position in basketball.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 am 
Middleweight

If Azkals can sustain the same brand of play they showed against Nepal, they can get Suzuki Cup and other Cups. Time to win one!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:01 pm 
Heavyweight

ok

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?