Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:04 pm 
Lightweight

Bobs recent statement about the possibility of pac not fighting in the states again has got me thinking. I feel he has a very deep plan to entice mayweather into the fight that boxing fans have been wanting for years now. As of recent hes been tapping into the asian market hosting a fight card in macau china. He also is hosting pacs next fight in macau and with his recent statement i think hes trying to put pressure on mayweather to make a decision on the fight thats been years past due.

Now heres my reasoning.

I think by making that bold statement to the media it gives the fans and media a topic to talk about and helps keep his name relevent. Some boxing fans were upset that they can lose one of boxings biggest attractions to the asian market which will help create demand after suffering back to back loses.
So my thinking goes that uncle bob promotes pacs next fight in macau so you cant call his bluff, also to see what kind of money the asian market can generate. If the fight is a success then maybe he doesnt need a fight with mayweather because bobs interest is the all mighty dollar. Now if the event in macau is a flop then its back to the drawing board. Time and patience is running low for all parties involved and the possibility of the once mega fight may go down the drain for good. Mayweather knows that financially the biggest fight for him is with pac and also showtime might be putting pressure on him to make big money fights after signing money may to a lucrative multi fight multi dollar deal. Now does any of this make sense? Keep your eyes and ears open for more clues or possible hints from uncle bob. Whats your take pacland? I would appreciate your comments and feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Screw Bob.....we could've have the fight already.....I hope both he and Fraud drown in their own wealth.