Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:35 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:46 am 
Heavyweight

Akklaim1 wrote:
He pretty much nailed it. Everything starts with the kids. They need to play football from the start. Forget basketball.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:04 am 
Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
darren_simion wrote:

Yan ang reason malakas tayo sa basketball. Ligas all over down to the barangay level.
When we talk of grassroots development, that is what we mean. An avenue for kids/adolescents to hone their skills and season them for competition.

Yan ang problem ng ating football scene. We get 23 year old players with the same playing experience as that of a 15 year old English/South American player.

pag yumaman ako ng husto. mag tatayo ako ng Annual Football league na parang Jones Cup ng basketball.

Open/ Invitational

U18

U15

U12

U9

yan limang division.... taon taon yan tapos eto premyo + trohy and medals

Open : $1,000,000.00

U18 : $500,000.00

U15 : $ 250,000.00

U12 : $ 100,000.00

U9 : $ 50,000.00

Yan ang vision ko. kaya ipanalangin nyo na yumaman ako ng husto :D

amen boss!!!

:angel:

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 pm 
Heavyweight

rudge wrote:

I believe a 15 and under selection from all don bosco schools in the country could compete with any South American 15 and under team.

Uhm, have you seen the results of our Junior teams in international competition? They couldnt even hang with Southeast Asian teams which is considered one of the weakest Confederations in the world. What more South America? Brazil? Argentina? Mexico?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:49 am 
Welterweight

rudge wrote:
darren_simion wrote:
miron_lang wrote:
sana nga.

magcreate ng U12, U15, U18 na mga liga para maka discover at mas dumami pa ang maging mas mahilig sa Football.

Nung bata ako naglalaro ako nyan sa GAUF. Dela Lasalle Araneta ngayon dyan tanaw sa North super high way.

anlayo ng nilalakad namin para makalaro :D

later nag tayo na lang kami ng basketball court sa kalsada ayun sa basketball kami nahilig.

dapat talaga merong annual na liga.

Yan ang reason malakas tayo sa basketball. Ligas all over down to the barangay level.
When we talk of grassroots development, that is what we mean. An avenue for kids/adolescents to hone their skills and season them for competition.

Yan ang problem ng ating football scene. We get 23 year old players with the same playing experience as that of a 15 year old English/South American player.

I believe a 15 and under selection from all don bosco schools in the country could compete with any South American 15 and under team. We used to have inter don bosco competition by year level from 1st year to 4th year high. I don't know if they still have them. we also competed in the Coke go for goals competition before.

LOLWUT Thst is just being delusional.

And it's funny how the basketball fanboys/football haters here cringe when you bash basketball. Face it, the Philippines will always be passionate about basketball, but Filipinos are not physically gifted enough to play the sport at the world class level. Hell, in boxing, why do you think we only excel at weightclasses around 122 or lower? Where are all the 5'8" or taller Filipinos who would normally fight at 140 or above?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 am 
Lightweight

Akklaim1 wrote:

And it's funny how the basketball fanboys/football haters here cringe when you bash basketball. Face it, the Philippines will always be passionate about basketball, but Filipinos are not physically gifted enough to play the sport at the world class level. Hell, in boxing, why do you think we only excel at weightclasses around 122 or lower? Where are all the 5'8" or taller Filipinos who would normally fight at 140 or above?

Honestly speaking, basketball here in the Philippines is one of Asia's finest but also Asia is FIBA World's minnow.

Same as with Philippine Football, sucks in SEA that's why it can't even go beyong SEA domination 8)

Pinoys are not good in ballgames.

If you suggest Pinoys should forget basketball, then I also suggest FORGET BASKETBALL and FOOTBALL 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:37 am 
Heavyweight

Akklaim1 wrote:
rudge wrote:
darren_simion wrote:

I believe a 15 and under selection from all don bosco schools in the country could compete with any South American 15 and under team. We used to have inter don bosco competition by year level from 1st year to 4th year high. I don't know if they still have them. we also competed in the Coke go for goals competition before.

Did i bash basketball in my previous posts? I actually enjoyed playing basketball. I am one of those not physically gifted enough to play the sport at the world class level as you say. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:01 pm 
Cruiserweight

Grassroots program has always been a good way to start.
But come to think of it, this has been happening too around our neighbouring nations like
Thailand, Indonesia, HK, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore etc. We are decades behind them yet they never even qualified for any major event.

It's probably because we, as a region, are not too exposed on a daily basis to a more competitive football as compared to Europe.
And that's probably the same reason why we have to resort to looking up for Pinoys who grew up playing this sport from this region.

Just like basketball, our kind of basketball will never flourish until we learn the Euro type of basketball — motion, passing, outside shooting.
Not the NBA style of fancy dribbling, dunking, and difficult lay ups. :mrgreen:

For now, I'll keep Billiards where we are considered gods. :verymad:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:05 pm 
Heavyweight

PacCute wrote:
Grassroots program has always been a good way to start.
But come to think of it, this has been happening too around our neighbouring nations like
Thailand, Indonesia, HK, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore etc. We are decades behind them yet they never even qualified for any major event.

It's probably because we, as a region, are not too exposed on a daily basis to a more competitive football as compared to Europe.
And that's probably the same reason why we have to resort to looking up for Pinoys who grew up playing this sport from this region.

Just like basketball, our kind of basketball will never flourish until we learn the Euro type of basketball — motion, passing, outside shooting.
Not the NBA style of fancy dribbling, dunking, and difficult lay ups. :mrgreen:

For now, I'll keep Billiards where we are considered gods. :verymad:

Right on the button! :D

Euro style focuses more on mastery of basketball basics. While the American brand of play relies mostly on athleticism. :D

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?