Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:29 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Fifa WorldCup2006 Finals
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:49 am 
Strawweight

2006 FIFA WORLD CUP
FINALS

FIFA WORLD CUP 2006 CHAMPIONS IS ITALY!!!!

FINAL SCORE : ITALY 5 vs 3 FRANCE(PENALTY SHOOT OUT)

SECOND PLACE IS FRANCE............

Your Kick-off time: Philippines 10-Jul-2006 2:00AM[/b]
Watch the Replay telecast on the internet thru TV Media Player see below SEMI-FINALS AND QUARTER FINALS results....

ITALY 1 vs 1 FRANCE(Full-time 90 mins and Extra time 30 mins

1st half 45mins 10. ZIDANE Zinedine (7' min) scores for italy in a penalty awarded for after 23.Materazzi (ITA) was adjudged to have illegally halted the progress of Malouda.

Then Italy hauled themselves level thanks to a potent combination of Pirlo’s dead-ball mastery and the aerial ability of 23. MATERAZZI Marco (19'min), as the latter gained spectacular redemption for his earlier blunder by towering above the French defence to bullet the former’s corner past Barthez. (1-1)

2nd half 45mins No goals scored

1st half extra-time 15 mins No goals scored

2nd half extra-time 15 mins No goals scored

Penalty Shoot-out

Italy (ITA)__________________-France (FRA)________________

PIRLO,Andrea.21_______Goal_1:0_-_WILTORD,Sylvain.11_Goal_1:1
MATERAZZI,Marco.23____Goal_2:1_-_TREZEGUET,David.20_Crossbar_2:1
De_ROSSI,Daniele.4_____Goal_3:1_-_ABIDAL,Eric.3_______Goal_3:2
DEL_PIERO,Alessandro.7_Goal_ 4:2_-_SAGNOL,Willy.19____Goal_4:3
GROSSO,Fabio.3________Goal_5:3_-_FINAL SCORE

Italy(ITA)______Statistics_________France(FRA)
5________________Shots___________________13
3________________Shots on Goal____________5
17_______________Fouls___________________24
5________________Corner Kicks_____________7
1________________Free-Kicks(shots-on-goal)__0
0________________Penalty-Kicks____________1
4________________Offsides________________2
0________________Own-Goals______________0
1________________Cautions________________3
0________________Expulsions_______________1
55%_____________Ball-Possession___________45%
39_______________Actual-Playing-Time_______32

Man of the Match
(ITA) PIRLO Andrea, midfielder

2006 FIFA WORLD CUP
3rd Place Germany and 4th Place Portugal

GERMANY 3 vs 1 PORTUGAL
Your Kick-off time: Philippines 9-Jul-2006 3:00AM

Watch the Replay telecast on the internet thru TV Media Player see below SEMI-FINALS AND QUARTER FINALS results....

1st half 45mins No goals scored
2nd half 45mins Opening goal scored by Germany's 7. SCHWEINSTEIGER Bastian (56'min) followed by another goal in (60' min) when he took a free kick which was deflected by Portugal's 8. PETIT (60' OG). Then SCHWEINSTEIGER finished it off with a 3rd goal (78'min) to place Germany in 3rd Place. However, Portugal managed to come back with at least one goal by 21. NUNO GOMES (88') who headed it in as a consolation goal to close their final game in this World Cup 2006.

Man of the Match
(GER) SCHWEINSTEIGER Bastian, Midfielder

SEMI-FINALS

GERMANY 0 vs 2 ITALY after extra- time
Your Kick-off time: Philippines 5-Jul-2006 3:00AM

Watch the Replay telecast on the internet thru TV Media Player see below SEMI-FINALS AND QUARTER-FINALS results....

2nd half 45mins no goals scored
Extra time of (30 minutes) 1st half No goals scored
Extra time of (30 minutes) 1st half The goal scorers are 3. GROSSO Fabio (119' min) and 7. DEL PIERO Alessandro (121+' min in injury time of the extra time)

Italy shatter Germany's dreams to reach final by scoring two sensational late goals in extra-time to book their place in the World Cup final for the first time in 12 years with their 2-0 win crushing the dreams of host nation Germany.

Man of the Match
(ITA) PIRLO Andrea, Midfielder

PORTUGAL 0 vs 1 FRANCE (Full-Time 90 mins)
Your Kick-off time: Philippines 6-Jul-2006 3:00AM

1st half 45mins 33' min: France took the lead through a 10. ZIDANE Zinedine penalty, awarded after Henry was fouled in the area by Carvalho. The French captain hit the ball to the keeper’s right and although Ricardo dived the right way, he could not stop it from going into the back of the net.
2nd half 45mins no goals scored

Man of the Match
(FRA) THURAM Lilian, Defender

QUARTER-FINALS

GERMANY 4-2 ARGENTINA (Penalty Shoot Out)
Watch the Replay telecast on the internet thru TV Media Player

GERMANY 1-1 ARGENTINA (Full-time 90 minutes)

2nd half 45mins 2. AYALA Roberto (49'min) Argentina scores the opening goal 4 mins into the second half. Then 11. KLOSE Miroslav (80'min) Germany scores to draw level the game.

Extra time of 30 minutes no goals scored.

GERMANY WINS 4-2 in PENALTY SHOOT OUTS
Sadly 2 argentinian players missed the penalty shoot outs.

Man of the Match
(GER)BALLACK Michael, Midfielder

ITALY 3-0 UKRAINE(Full-time 90 mins)

1st Half 45 mins 19. ZAMBROTTA Gianluca (6') of Italy scores the opening goal to set Italy on their way to victory towards the Semi-Finals.

2nd Half 45 mins 9. TONI Luca (59') seals another goal for Italy and then another goal 19. TONI Luca (69') about 10 mins later.

Italy was very fantastic in the game. Their opening goal in the 6 minute of the game was one that rocked with a shot from just outside the box. That pretty much sealed it from them after with 2 more goals and to move up to the Semi-Finals to meet Germany in the next round.

Man of the Match
(ITA) GATTUSO Gennaro, Midfielder

1ST SHOCKING RESULTS AND UPSET

ENGLAND 1-3 PORTUGAL(Penalty Shoot Outs)

England 0-0 Portugal (1st Half 45 mins) No goals scored
England 0-0 Portugal (2nd Half 45 mins) No goals scored

England 0-0 Portugal (Extra Time 30 min) (1st half 15 mins) No goals scored
England 0-0 Portugal (Extra Time 30 min) (2nd half 15 mins) No goals scored

Penalty Shoot - Out
Portugal scores 3 goals to win in Penalty Shoot Out to England who only managed one goal England's Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher shots were all saved buy Portugese Goalkeeper (Penalty Shoot-Out)

Its been a very big upset, for England to lose in such a difficult game. Too bad England,...go home and practice on your Penalty shots,....such an embarrasement...for some prominient players to have missed their shots. Congrats to Portugal,...they did deserve the win eventually. Good game and very very exciting. One red card was issued to Wayne Rooney in the 62'min for an offending kick to the groin of the Portuguese opponent who brought him down. Then on England held off Portugal till the penalty shoot outs with just 10 men.

Man of the Match
(ENG) HARGREAVES Owen, Midfielder

2ND SHOCKING RESULTS AND BIGGEST UPSET

BRAZIL 0 vs 1 FRANCE (Full-Time 90 mins)

Brazil 0-0 France (1st Half 45 mins played)
Brazil get 3 yellow cards, Cafu, Juan and then towards the end Ronaldo for handball just outside the box. France seems to be better and stronger team than Brazil who is still trying to find itself.

Brazil 0-1 France (2nd Half 45mins played)
France Striker Thierry Henry’s 57th minute to seal their seat in Semin-Finals. From then on its been and see-saw match going both ways with these 2 strong teams. Its felt like it was the actual world cup final. Although I would prefer Brazil to win, France deserves the win with their super team spirit and strong defending. It was a perfect match for both Previous World Cup Champions. Viva la France!!!! Good Bye Brazil see you in 4 years time.

Man of the Match
(FRA) ZIDANE Zinedine, Midfielder

Hi there,

I requested permission from the Mod to see if it is alright to post the links publicly. Till then, I wont post the links till I get the approval from the Mod regarding this matter so no laws are violated.

Regards

Ok guys n gals,

APPROVED

I have got the approval from the Mod to go ahead to post the link here publicly. You will have to download and install a TV Media Player to be able to watch the matches live telecast (but its about 1 min delayed from the actual live matches on cable TV) YOu have 2 choices of Media players or you can use both if your computer system memory is capable to handle the feeds without disruptions. You can watch the matches then for free on your pc. Best to use one media player to get a good connection and good quality. Be reminded that because we sit near to the PC Monitor to view its advisable to sit a distant away from the screen for better quality viewing

Go ahead and download TV Media Player below Choice 1

http://www.tvunetworks.com

This is a beta version and medium screening with good sounds and in english. Recommended to use ESPN Sports channel, ABC channel, but you can see on top of the screen which channel will feature the live match. There is alsoCCTV Sports channel screening it in chinese commentary. Tips: Double click mouse left button on the picture screen to get the Full / Wide Screen and double click again to return to normal

Go ahead and download TV Media Player below Choice 2

http://www.sopcast.org

This is a good actual version but the ESPN Sports channel is not showing the game live here. There are many channels to choose from to watch the matches in several languages of commentary. Take yuor pick when the game is about to start. Good thing about this TV Media Player has a Full Screen and Wide Screening. Sounds are just ok. I am using WorldCupChannel Dream.Sat146E夢幻衛星世界盃臺 which has English Commentary. Tips: Left click mouse on the picture screen and select the options or zoom to get the Full / Wide screen effect

Last edited by seaquest1 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:56 am, edited 48 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:05 am 
Featherweight

GO ENGLAND!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:07 am 
Featherweight

:roll: About what time will be the Brazil-France game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:54 am 

Last night's Germany-Argentina tussle was one of the most exciting matches I've seen so far.

Argentina was so gritty in matching Germany's relentless, air-tight, intimidating defense. The 1st half was a testament to that, both sides didn't concede a goal. But Germany was able to attack and had more chances courtesy of their good passing game.

Early in the 2nd half saw Argentina's Ayala slipping in an excellent header from a phalanx of German defenders, it was a shock! The German side seemed to panic after this, they attacked through sheer individual talent (in basketball terms, lots of one-on-one plays) most of the attacks were way off the mark. Good thing there's veteran midfield Michael Ballack who tried to settle the young guns with his composed playmaking. With time running out, Argentina up 1-0 and seems to have the match in the bag with their own brand of bullying defense (they were called for 31 fouls to Germany's 20 at this point), Ballack anchored an excellent play in the 80th minute with a precision pass that was headed by the ever-reliable veteran striker Miroslav Klose (the player with the most goals in this World Cup) for the very important equalizer! The German side seemed energized and tried to finish off the gritty south americans with vicious attacks but there's simply not enough time.

Extra time. It was a duplicate of the 1st half with an excellent display of choking, bullying defense from both sides. Lots of tackling, jawing, stare downs from the players. lol :) I loved it! haha

Penalty Shoot-out. It was soo thrilling! Germany converted all of their free kicks courtesy of Neuville, Podolski, Ballack and Borowski. Jens Lehman, getting words of encouragement from the great Oliver Kahn, saved two attempts for goals from Argentina's Ayala and Cambiasso. Germany wins it 4-2.

What a beautiful game. Reminds me of the agony of Spain in the hands of Asian dragon Korea in the 2002 World Cup by an exciting, nerve-wracking penalty shoot-out!

Next England vs. Portugal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:03 am 
Heavyweight

Thanks a lots for the updates guys. I go for Germany.Yahooooo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:07 am 
Light Heavyweight

hehehe didn't i say in the other thread that argentina is unlucky because they faced germany this early? i really like how messi played.

I go for Ukraine in this matchup, underdogs.

i still can't believe spain lost :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:11 am 

maguire wrote:
hehehe didn't i say in the other thread that argentina is unlucky because they faced germany this early? i really like how messi played.

Ukraine already packed their bags bro. Italy just thrashed them, the match was shown at 01.30 BKK time. :wink:

I don't understand why you're shell-shocked that Spain lost. They're perennial underachievers of the game. Even Korea beat their arses in the last World Cup. Don't let the high-quality games of the Spanish League mislead you. The Galacticos from South America (esp. Brazil) run the excitement of the show.

Last edited by muay on Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:15 am 
Light Heavyweight

muay wrote:
maguire wrote:

Ukraine already packed their bags bro. Italy just thrashed them, the match was shown at 01.30 BKK time. :wink:

sorry i didn't watch so late around 2. am they lost it to italy :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:19 am 
Welterweight

pekerman made some substitute errors... cambiasso for riquelme? why not for mascherran o? and crespo for benchwarmer cruz? messi has shown he can compete at a high level with barcelona in the CL. it boggles the mind... probably why he resigned after the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:23 am 
Cruiserweight

oh.. argentinta is eliminated.. :(

hope that england would rise to the occasion.. i have to ready my england jersey fresh from london!! woOoOhoooo..

go brasil and england!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:26 am 
Welterweight

oh did anybody notice podolski give the hitler salute after he scored the penalty? tsk tsk tsk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:34 am 

akosiche wrote:
oh.. argentinta is eliminated.. :(

hope that england would rise to the occasion.. i have to ready my england jersey fresh from london!! woOoOhoooo..

go brasil and england!!

Yeah, it was a heart-breaking loss for Argentina bro. Cheer up, your fave side put up one hell of a gritty fight against Germany. They gave the homeboys a scare and made them work doubly hard.

Be sure to get a DVD of this match. I also recomment the following from the previous World Cup of 2002:

*Korea vs. Spain (watch the Asian dragon awakens and scorches some Spanish arses in a thrilling penalty shootout)

*Brazil vs. England (with the famous Ronaldinho cross-over dribble & assist to Ronaldo inside the whole England defenders and that killer 100-meter nuclear bomb)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:40 am 

panchovilla wrote:
oh did anybody notice podolski give the hitler salute after he scored the penalty? tsk tsk tsk.

I noticed that too bro. But, I just shrugged that off...he normally raises both arms, clenched fists when he scores, this time 'twas like a........yes a Nazi salute...

The "Say NO to racism!" banner was unveiled together by both sides before the match, incidentally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:16 am 
Cruiserweight

muay wrote:
Last night's Germany-Argentina tussle was one of the most exciting matches I've seen so far.

Argentina was so gritty in matching Germany's relentless, air-tight, intimidating defense. The 1st half was a testament to that, both sides didn't concede a goal. But Germany was able to attack and had more chances courtesy of their good passing game.

Early in the 2nd half saw Argentina's Ayala slipping in an excellent header from a phalanx of German defenders, it was a shock! The German side seemed to panic after this, they attacked through sheer individual talent (in basketball terms, lots of one-on-one plays) most of the attacks were way off the mark. Good thing there's veteran midfield Michael Ballack who tried to settle the young guns with his composed playmaking. With time running out, Argentina up 1-0 and seems to have the match in the bag with their own brand of bullying defense (they were called for 31 fouls to Germany's 20 at this point), Ballack anchored an excellent play in the 80th minute with a precision pass that was headed by the ever-reliable veteran striker Miroslav Klose (the player with the most goals in this World Cup) for the very important equalizer! The German side seemed energized and tried to finish off the gritty south americans with vicious attacks but there's simply not enough time.

Extra time. It was a duplicate of the 1st half with an excellent display of choking, bullying defense from both sides. Lots of tackling, jawing, stare downs from the players. lol :) I loved it! haha

Penalty Shoot-out. It was soo thrilling! Germany converted all of their free kicks courtesy of Neuville, Podolski, Ballack and Borowski. Jens Lehman, getting words of encouragement from the great Oliver Kahn, saved two attempts for goals from Argentina's Ayala and Cambiasso. Germany wins it 4-2.

What a beautiful game. Reminds me of the agony of Spain in the hands of Asian dragon Korea in the 2002 World Cup by an exciting, nerve-wracking penalty shoot-out!

I watched the game Argentina-Germany last night... a very thrilling fight... when Argentina got their first goal... I reacted just like how Pacman KD Morales...Argentina lost their main goalkeeper due to injury in the 2nd half...Germany may not able to take that equalizer shot should he's not got injured...also It seems the referee is a bit bias to the host nation...what do you think? Anyway..its a hard fought win for Germany... and my bet Argentina lost in a gallant fight...nothing to shame..better luck next time Argentina... I'm now rooting for Italy to upset Germany... :D

“I once was knocked out and I came back to win the title, so you can’t count him out. Pacquiao is still very dangerous... I don’t believe Manny is finished, he’s still one of the most dangerous fighters in the world.” - Roberto Duran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:24 am 

tvd0904 wrote:
muay wrote:

I watched the game Argentina-Germany last night... a very thrilling fight... when Argentina got their first goal... I reacted just like how Pacman KD Morales...Argentina lost their main goalkeeper due to injury in the 2nd half...Germany may not able to take that equalizer shot should he's not got injured...also It seems the referee is a bit bias to the host nation...what do you think? Anyway..its a hard fought win for Germany... and my bet Argentina lost in a gallant fight...nothing to shame..better luck next time Argentina... I'm now rooting for Italy to upset Germany... :D

I don't think he'd be able to save that header either. It was headed 1st by Borowski, then in a pulse it was already a goal courtesy of Klose. The play was simply so quick.