Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:36 am 
Light Heavyweight

Good thing Argentina celebrated too early, my money bet is still alive.... Great header by KLOSE.. i thought the referee was going to call a foul on Germany, 1 minute before end of the regulation.. good thing he saw that it was a flop!!!

The game was so intense every players wants to engage in a fist fight. nyahaha

:celebrate:

For tonight
Go BRAZIL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

Bugsukman wrote:
:roll: About what time will be the Brazil-France game?

That will be shown Sunday July 2 at around 3:00 am...Philippine time...right after England-Portugal match this evening at 11:00 pm...

Germany-Italy will be on July 5..3:00am

The World Cup schedule looks favorable as CCTV 5 China prioritize Soccer over Boxing... so we might be able to show Pac-Larios fight live here in China tomorrow 11:00am.. unless they'll opt to show a replay of Brazil-France match up...wag naman sana... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:58 pm 
Heavyweight

I still bet Germany and Brazil will face off in the final

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:54 pm 
Heavyweight

kikz wrote:
Good thing Argentina celebrated too early, my money bet is still alive.... Great header by KLOSE.. i thought the referee was going to call a foul on Germany, 1 minute before end of the regulation.. good thing he saw that it was a flop!!!

For tonight Go BRAZIL!!!

My Money was on Argentina. When Ayala scored the header, I was ecstatic. Sure money. Well, I should have known better.

10 minutes before time, Klose scored for Germany, thru a header. I was expecting Germany to exploit their height, and they did by continually tossing balls for a hail-mary-chance of a header. Surprisingly, Argentina was into it too!

But, as I have seen since the elimination stages, the referee is biased for Germany. Yellow cards were given to Argentina for "diving". But no yellow card was given to a very good actor in Ballack. Ballack was not even given warning when he was pushing and intimidating Ayala. Ballack should know better, Argentinians do not run from a fight. The disparity of the fouls was astonishing: 32-23. All the while, it was the Germans more physical than their opponents.

Well, no amount of complaining will change the result of that match.
But for a moment there, I thought Argentina had it in the bag.

Again, I should have known better!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

don robert wrote:
kikz wrote:

For tonight Go BRAZIL!!!

My Money was on Argentina. When Ayala scored the header, I was ecstatic. Sure money. Well, I should have known better.

10 minutes before time, Klose scored for Germany, thru a header. I was expecting Germany to exploit their height, and they did by continually tossing balls for a hail-mary-chance of a header. Surprisingly, Argentina was into it too!

But, as I have seen since the elimination stages, the referee is biased for Germany. Yellow cards were given to Argentina for "diving". But no yellow card was given to a very good actor in Ballack. Ballack was not even given warning when he was pushing and intimidating Ayala. Ballack should know better, Argentinians do not run from a fight. The disparity of the fouls was astonishing: 32-23. All the while, it was the Germans more physical than their opponents.

Well, no amount of complaining will change the result of that match.
But for a moment there, I thought Argentina had it in the bag.

Again, I should have known better!

:D

Sorry to hear that mate.. I am not really a fan of the german squad. But looking back at the history. Home teams, if not winning the title performs alot better than expected. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:21 pm 
Welterweight

Brothers, Im just wondering why they did not field in Lionel Messi. He is so influential in Argentina's as well as Barcelona's playmaking. You got any rumors why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:27 pm 
Welterweight

Don Robert, I kinda agree with you that the officiating was quite biased in favor of the home team. One thing great is the Germans really expected a PSO and they did great converting all four!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:41 pm 
Heavyweight

kikz wrote:
Sorry to hear that mate.. I am not really a fan of the german squad. But looking back at the history. Home teams, if not winning the title performs alot better than expected. :D

Not exactly the home team, brother. But, a European team has yet to lose a World Cup played in the continent of Europe.
It has to be the climate.

I really hope Brazil will change that record. It is the only remaining Non-European team. My money is on them.
I hope they wont be unlucky because of my bet on them.

Else, you can blame it all on me, Brazil fans.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:46 pm 
Welterweight

WHOOAH! I love this post.. who says that FOOTBALL is boring?... I bet not!
You guys are highly intellectual and really knew what football is all about,
And the game between Germany and Argentina jaz shows how exciting, electrifying and hair raising football is. I guess those football haters are at lost by now coz they can't relate to the topic and the only thing that they can say is FUTBOL gayish, boring etc etc..heheheh :lol: :peace:

GO ENGLAND :celebrate: :celebrate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Manoy wrote:
Don Robert, I kinda agree with you that the officiating was quite biased in favor of the home team. One thing great is the Germans really expected a PSO and they did great converting all four!

Penalty kicks are lottery. Shots are caught by a goalie NOT because he is very good.
Shots are caught because the goalie is very lucky to guess which way will the ball go. (Maybe, being good in being lucky?)

It is considered a mortal sin to miss a goal. And Argentina has a lot of confessions to do, with two missed Penalties.
I hope they will be absolved of their sins.

If I am the priest, I will not. Mainly bcoz I lost money on them.

Last edited by don robert on Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Manoy wrote:
Brothers, Im just wondering why they did not field in Lionel Messi. He is so influential in Argentina's as well as Barcelona's playmaking. You got any rumors why?

That makes the two of us, brother. I really dont know why they took out Riquelme and Crespo, but did not insert Messi.
Clearly the players left on the field for Argentina were a bit exhausted.

Maybe, they were hoping for that hail-mary header again.

And Messi's height is not fit for that.

Also, the one great move made by Germany was the insertion as substitute in the 2nd half of Odonkor.
He really changed the pace, both on offense and defence for the Germans.

Damn him. He cost me money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:56 pm 
Light Heavyweight

don robert wrote:
kikz wrote:

Not exactly the home team, brother. But, a European team has yet to lose a World Cup played in the continent of Europe.

I really hope Brazil will change that record. It is the only remaining Non-European team. My money is on them.

I donot know about the climate.. Its summer in Germany, ive been there before and it wont make any difference, IMO.

Right now, I placed my money to both favorites, Brazil and Germany.. Either of these 2 will make me 10K richer. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:41 pm 
Welterweight

Manoy wrote:

they tried to defend the lead but half assedly... they still left 2 strikers up front... shouldve left 1 and keep 9 players behind the ball... but the change in the formation wouldve left the team confused thats probably why he didnt do it...

still shouldve left riquelme on the field... messi couldve gone on for gonzalez on the wing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

kikz wrote:
don robert wrote:
kikz wrote:

I donot know about the climate.. Its summer in Germany, ive been there before and it wont make any difference, IMO.

Right now, I placed my money to both favorites, Brazil and Germany.. Either of these 2 will make me 10K richer. :wink:

only one may make you 10 K richer pre...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:05 am 
Middleweight

i think the Germans will make it but my bet is Brazil and England.. Germany stays alive! Germany will make it..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next