Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:01 pm 
Lightweight

In my opinion, I think pac v jmm PPV result would total less than 1M only.

jmm's punching power is gone & his reflexes are slow @ 144lbs as proven on his previous fight vs fmj while pac is stonger & faster on that div.

I can see jmm's butt kissing the canvass more than 4 times!

Jmm's only chance not to get KD/KOed is to do what Clottey & Mosley did... Cover up & run the whole 12 rounds!

I suggest Jmm should forget about ballet dancing & instead learn how to do the moonwalk move by Michael Jackson (RIP).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 am 
Heavyweight

people had bought the mp/clottey, so how come the mp/jmm 3 is not a ppv thing? are you thinking this one would be like the bradley/alexander? geez those two could not even sell a ticket even on their own turf.. MP and JMM could rally fans to watch them... with the stature of MP right now.. my guess it would reach 1.4 M buys.. :mrgreen:

knowing for a fact that jmm is the last mexican that could bring coherency against the filipino spit fire, their last two bouts would tell you that,, jmm is an elite fighter, a well experience veteran.. but in my view, mp would still prevail.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:20 am 
Heavyweight

rustycooley66 wrote:
people had bought the mp/clottey, so how come the mp/jmm 3 is not a ppv thing? are you thinking this one would be like the bradley/alexander? geez those two could not even sell a ticket even on their own turf.. MP and JMM could rally fans to watch them... with the stature of MP right now.. my guess it would reach 1.4 M buys.. :mrgreen:

knowing for a fact that jmm is the last mexican that could bring coherency against the filipino spit fire, their last two bouts would tell you that,, jmm is an elite fighter, a well experience veteran.. but in my view, mp would still prevail.. :mrgreen:

correct!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:23 am 
Heavyweight

and how bout shame vs pacman :D

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

OK thread bookmarked. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:31 am 
Heavyweight

1M ppv's for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:06 pm 
Heavyweight

solid pac wrote:

jmm's punching power is gone & his reflexes are slow @ 144lbs as proven on his previous fight vs fmj while pac is stonger & faster on that div.

Jmm's only chance not to get KD/KOed is to do what Clottey & Mosley did... Cover up & run the whole 12 rounds!

I suggest Jmm should forget about ballet dancing & instead learn how to do the moonwalk move by Michael Jackson (RIP).

solid pac wrote:

would disagree with your opinion, bro.
1. Pacman vs. Peeman is a PP.......V fight. i think right now, any Pacman fight is PPV. :D
2. Physically speaking as per boxrec; both are at most even. (Height: Pacman-5'5.5", Peeman - 5'7";both have a reach of 67".)
3. Fighting weight @ 135-150lbs is quite close between the two
(eg. when Marquez fought Katsidis @135 lbs. his fightweight was reported to be at 145lbs. whereas, when Pacquiao fought Margarito@150lbs. he could only muster 148lbs in order to somewhat retain his speed. i do believe that Pacquiao's optimum fight weight is exactly that, 144lbs.)
4. Age, coupled with wear and tear: would be much even. although by age, Marquez is older @38, Pacquiao's been at war with much larger opponents (remember, he was hospitalized after the Margarito fight). They both have a recorded total of 58 fights. Pacman has 16 years professional fight experience and Peeman, with 18years.

so i say yes, this fight will be exciting especially if Marquez will be able to handle Pacquiao's current punching power. Peeman, taking up ballet can help his balance when counterpunching while back-pedalling.

I do believe that Marquez already acknowledge that Pacquiao is stronger than him and has a faster footspeed. so he will try to win via points, potshotting while back-pedalling or counter punching can earn him the much-needed points.he has already proven to have a handspeed almost at par with Pacquiao.

solid pac wrote:

1. Pacman vs. Peeman is a PP.......V fight. i think right now, any Pacman fight is PPV. :D
2. Physically speaking as per boxrec; both are at most even. (Height: Pacman-5'5.5", Peeman - 5'7";both have a reach of 67".)
(eg. when Marquez fought Katsidis @135 lbs. his fightweight was reported to be at 145lbs. whereas, when Pacquiao fought Margarito@150lbs. he could only muster 148lbs in order to somewhat retain his speed. i do believe that Pacquiao's optimum fight weight is exactly that, 144lbs.)
4. Age, coupled with wear and tear: would be much even. although by age, Marquez is older @38, Pacquiao's been at war with much larger opponents (remember, he was hospitalized after the Margarito fight). They both have a recorded total of 58 fights. Pacman has 16 years professional fight experience and Peeman, with 18years.

so i say yes, this fight will be exciting especially if Marquez will be able to handle Pacquiao's current punching power. Peeman, taking up ballet can help his balance when counterpunching while back-pedalling.

I do believe that Marquez already acknowledge that Pacquiao is stronger than him and has a faster footspeed. so he will try to win via points, potshotting while back-pedalling or counter punching can earn him the much-needed points.he has already proven to have a handspeed almost at par with Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:56 pm 
Light Heavyweight

IGOROT wrote:
solid pac wrote:

solid pac wrote:

solid pac wrote:

What happen to your post bro? :D

To the topic: Manny's sparring sessions are worth PPV, Manny's catching play with Mosley was PPV, so I would say all of Manny's remaining fights will be on PPV.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

don't uncle BOB Arum is gonna do his JOB like how he did in PAC vs MOSLEY fight :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:16 pm 
Heavyweight

this is a Phils against Mexico... both will root for their fighters...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:30 pm 
Heavyweight

pac's recent numbers shows him capable of drawing at least 850,000 ppvs... at $50 a pop, that's big money in the eyes of any network and definitely worth their while...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:48 pm 
Heavyweight

Well, seeing JMM finally get knocked out is PPV material to me.

But really, as a member of the general public, I'll watch Pacman fight anyone.

Like in Tyson's time, everyone expected him to KO his opponent, which meant a mismatch, but he had great PPVs.

Many boxing pundits still can't understand PPV material. Networks and promoters don't care about the boxing pundits' views, they care about the general public, because that's where the money comes from. PPV will die when they have to rely only on boxing pundits who complain a lot :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:15 pm 
Heavyweight

NoFear_Pac wrote:
What happen to your post bro? :D

To the topic: Manny's sparring sessions are worth PPV, Manny's catching play with Mosley was PPV, so I would say all of Manny's remaining fights will be on PPV.

My apology, might have pressed the keyboard too long kay nadoble. anyways, can't wait for November to come. am anticipating another classic fight, hopefully, this will be materialize as such.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:49 pm 
Heavyweight

thread bookmarked! :lol:

calling all haters! attack! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:55 pm 
Welterweight

jmm fights at 144 pounds at fight night when fighting at light weight.. :| :|