Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:53 pm 
Heavyweight

I really enjoy this fight. Its not onesided fight, its actually entertaining for me. Its was hard to score because it was a back and forth. Yes its cool to see a total beatdown sometimes but fights like this it actually make you think and analyze the fight outcome. Most of the round could go iether way. I wouldn't mind watching pacman vs jmm IV. Fights like this really put you in the edge of your seat.

What you guys think about the fight?

My score was 115-113 pacman. How about yours guys?

Learning and progress comes from being open minded.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

twinkie79 wrote:
I really enjoy this fight. Its not onesided fight, its actually entertaining for me. Its was hard to score because it was a back and forth. Yes its cool to see a total beatdown sometimes but fights like this it actually make you think and analyze the fight outcome. Most of the round could go iether way. I wouldn't mind watching pacman vs jmm IV. Fights like this really put you in the edge of your seat.

we have same scoreline..pacman winning by 2 rounds for me but i think, the match was only exciting because manny initiated the fight..manny was a bit cautious that's why there were many moments when the fight was boring..marquez wasn't also aggressive as the first two fights..maybe because marquez can't afford to be aggressive once in a while baka maubusan..i think a fourth fight would only render the same result..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Jmm never went forward on that fight, he was back pedaling all night and just counter punch, which is good strategy against the pacman. Defference between this fight vs mosley was shane try to engage for 3 rounds and got cought and back pedal all night.
What a sour losser jmm is, cry cry cry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:40 pm 
Middleweight

twinkie79 wrote:

Pacquiao has thrown 578 punches connecting 176 while Marquez had it 436 connecting 138. Pacquiao threw 304 jabs connecting 59 to Marquez's 182 with 38 connects. Pacquiao threw 274 power punches connecting 117 while Marquez threw 254 with 100 connecting.
:)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:41 pm 
Cruiserweight

twinkie79 wrote:

Same sentiment twinkie. Score card is 115-113 for Pacman as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:32 pm 
Welterweight

I think this is actually one of my favorite Pacquiao fights. It is so close that I think Manny had to work a lot to earn this one. But this is well-earned and well-fought in my opinion. My score is 115-113 in favor of Pacquiao: 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 10-9, 10-9, 9-10, 9-10. Congratulations Manny for a highly entertaining and technical fight. I love chess so I really appreciate this one. Definitely a fight for the ages. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:38 pm 
Middleweight

twinkie79 wrote:

A little bit disappointed because I expected a KO or TKO, however my score is the same as you scored 115-113 for MP or 7 rounds for MP and 5 rounds for Marquez.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:39 am 
Heavyweight

The problem of jmm on that fight is, most of his punches was block by pac's arm and gloves. Yes he got some good clean punch but none of them really hurt pacman. When the underdog losses on a close decision the crowd will boo no matter what. That win is back up by the stats, so pacman won the fight clearly. Jmm can cry all he wants. He was out work and out landed by the pacman. Jmm fought like he was the champion. If your a challenger you go their and fight yuor heart especially your fighting someone that las vegas don't want to lose. Nacho B. Is so stupid on that fight. Jmm can blame nacho for that lose. As a fan of pacman I accept jmm is the crytonite of pacman.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

i initially scored mine a draw mga bros
but had to watch the fight again to see if there is a clearcut winner (i was scratching my head at harold lederman's scorecard)
after that, i had pac winning by 2 points
i enjoyed the fight myself
jmm was impressive as he refused to go down even when he looked like he was going to
and pac held his own as well, although he clearly had an off night
is this the opening that floyd is waiting for? maybe, or maybe not
floyd senior will call up fighthype and bash pac again, but this time, more harshly
team mayweather must have been whooping it up watching the fight last night
hopefully manny's less than stellar showing last night will give team mayweather the balls to finally stop playing around and just fight manny already

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:03 am 
Middleweight

Location: Zamboanga City, Iloilo City, Al-Kharj, Saudi Arabia, San Francisco, Ca and Seattle, Wa
119 - 115 -
MaNNY pACQUIAO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:21 am 
Cruiserweight

115-113 for pacquiao :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:28 am 
Heavyweight

I was not scoring last night but I felt it was a draw. Watching it again and actually scoring, MANNY CLEARLY WON THE FIGHT. Turn off the volume, do not listen to the crowd and the HBO crew. Take away the expectations of knock downs. Just objectively watch the fight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 am 
Welterweight

twinkie79 wrote:

I had the fight 114-114. So far, this is the best Manny's version:

1) superb footwork and angle (shifting)
2) counter punching
3) great chin
4) feints and combinations
5) stamina and power is still there for the whole 12 rounds

Note: this is a noob observation :jumpballs: :jumpballs: :jumpballs:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:21 am 
Heavyweight

Thanks to jmm for making people think again that pac is actually human being.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:30 pm 
Heavyweight

I just see some people from the other thread saying that people are not happy with pac's performance last time out. I'm wondering why not happy about it? That fight actually a good fight to watch. Pac was really on figth. Not one of those one sided fight that the other guys almost no chance of winning. Ko/tko is always good but suspense decision is good sometimes also. Win or lose you gotta accept what's up. Yes most people expect pac dominate but jmm put up a good fight.

Cmmon people wake up.