Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:24 pm 
Middleweight

Damn... watching the HBO version got me thinking that Mario Lopez being Mexican has swayed viewers that Marquez is winning in every close round...

Marquez did better being the underdog but still Pacquiao win the rounds. This is an even more convincing win than his 2 previous fights, the only thing is that there's no knockdowns.

Most of us just expected that Manny will blast this guy. It was this disappointment that got us thinking that Manny lost.

Watch the HBO version and judge for yourself.

Don't be swayed by the crowd and even the commentator. Harold Lederman got it right... and so are the judges.

Mario Lopez is being biased here... he got me also thinking that Marquez won the fight...

Marquez deserves another shot though... Viva Mehico...

Last edited by pixelpoint on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 pm 
Heavyweight

haters will say watch the top rank version and you'll see who won :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:49 pm 
Middleweight

I hate Mario Lopez... :shock:

Pinoys are just dumb and full of emo sh1t!!!...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:59 pm 
Heavyweight

but aint mario lopez friends with pac?

mario is a known pactard.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:00 am 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:

Amir Khan and Lopez both Pac supporters. they had it for Marquez

no bias there

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:08 am 
Cruiserweight

lopez, khan, pro boxers, wannabe boxing judges, wala na kayo magagawa. manny won. :lol:

abscbn, gma7, pba, boxing, football, ufc.. visit--- http://www.onepunch.info

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:12 am 
Cruiserweight

asartalo wrote:
lopez, khan, pro boxers, wannabe boxing judges, wala na kayo magagawa. manny won. :lol:

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:12 am 
Heavyweight

i haven't watched the hbo version.. we also had the TR version.

after seeing compubox and reading thoughts of boxing pundits who are non pactards who thought pac really won but via razor thin decision.
I am having second thoughts now from my original wanna be judging of the fight. I had marquez winning by at least 2 or 3 points after the fight ended so I was surprised manny got the nod.

did pac really won or the fight was a draw at the very least?

I have to watch the fight again on mute though because there was indeed an impression that marquez was dominating because the crowd oohh and aahhed whenever pac gets coutered which you never really notice as the fight happens.
add in the odds were pac is an overwhelming favorite.

one thing is for sure though, marquez to pac is like ken norton to ali. he just has pac's number regardless of the jump in weight.
jmm had a brilliant game plan negating pac's aggression, making him wary of every attack pac wanted to initiate.
he ducked whenever pac tried to unleash combos which was brilliant but was frustrating to watch. Pac really felt frustrated because he just can't time marquez.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:19 am 
Middleweight

freewheeze wrote:
i haven't watched the hbo version.. we also had the TR version.

but when the compubox stats came out plus other pundits gave it to pac. pundits who are not known pactards.
I am having second thoughts now that he really won or the fight was a draw at the very least.. I had the fight for marquez via 2-3 points after the fight.

I have to watch the fight again on mute though because there was indeed an impression that marquez was dominating because the crowd oohh and aahhed whenever pac gets coutered which you never really notice as the fight happens.
add in the odds were pac is an overwhelming favorite.

one thing is for sure though, marquez to pac is like ken norton to ali. he just has pac's number regardless of the jump in weight.
jmm had a brilliant game plan negating pac's aggression, making him wary of every attack pac wanted to initiate.
he ducked whenever pac tried to unleash combos which was brilliant but was frustrating to watch. Pac really felt frustrated because he just can't time marquez.

You are right, I was so disappointed with Pac that I was so impressed with Marquez.. but still compubox and scoring rounds still goes to Pac... not to mention that Pac is the Champion and Marquez did not get him in trouble, just counterpunching doesn't mean he will win the fight... If Pacquiao is the underdog coming in to the fight, people will see him as a clear winner...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 am 
Middleweight

Quote:
After nine rounds, the fight was there for Marquez to take.

And then he took his foot off the gas.

So you can say what you want about Saturday's result, but Marquez can only blame himself. All three judges scored two of the last three rounds for Pacquiao -- and SI.com gave him all three.

Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs) showed great heart, and an even greater chin, to absorb Marquez's best shots and keep moving forward through the first three-quarters for the fight. Then as the reality of his 38 years became manifest -- as the Mexican's crisp, exquisite combinations began to lose their bite -- it was the 32-year-old Pacquiao's superior finishing kick that made the difference.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... mma_t11_a1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am 
Middleweight

If the commentating was muted, I'm sure 90% of the Filipinos who watched the ppv would call it a draw or for Pacman. Given that they just watch and aren't scoring, it is easy to be swayed by what the commentators are saying. Bob Sheridan kept saying "that round was definitely for Marquez" from rounds 5-9. While Lopez said "the first four rounds could have gone either way." So if you weren't scoring, you'd definitely think Marquez has a practical shutout.

It's just sad that the pinoys watching would rather believe foreigners than what they already see for themselves. Yes Marquez would land a solid combination at a point in a round, but would miss the rest while Manny would tag him with single hooks and left leads more often though. They Lopez and Sheridan still gave those to Marquez and would put it under the guise that he landed the "cleaner shots".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:29 am 
Heavyweight

Amir Khan "mayb a good draw or marquez by 1-2 rounds."

Is amir khan biased also? me thinks not.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:34 am 
Middleweight

TheSubversive wrote:
freewheeze wrote:

Amir Khan and Lopez both Pac supporters. they had it for Marquez

no bias there

Watch it again and score it for yourself.. watch the HBO version because they are accurate and methodical in dissecting a round.. Lopez would only say, I think Marquez won that round... because of his Mexican heart... that's why everybody watching the International Stream/Top Rank version got swayed by Lopez and Sheridan's personal assessment...

I personally was disappointed by this win and my admiration goes to Marquez that if Marquez wins, it would be okay for me... but it would be unfair for Pac if he loses this one, Marquez did not do enough and compubox stats clearly shows this, he's playing safe just by counterpunching the Champion. You have to be the aggressor to beat the Champion and clearly win the round...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 am 
Middleweight

If counterpunching wins fights, then everybody will become counterpunchers, hence, there will be no fight coz everyone just waits for a punch to counter... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:19 am 
Cruiserweight

replay says pacman won :D