Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:40 am 
Middleweight

Marquez lost to Mayweather because he was the aggressor..

Marquez looked good against pacquiao coz he was the counterpuncher...

Pacquiao should counterpunch Floyd so that they will be staring at each other the whole night... this will be an interesting stare up i'll pay $70 k for PPV...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:52 am 
Light Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
Amir Khan "mayb a good draw or marquez by 1-2 rounds."

Is amir khan biased also? me thinks not.

the problem of watching it live is that you won't see all manny's punches because they are fast..worse, marquez carry those punches well..as in the case in the 1th or 12th round, manny give marquez a left and you can see that it stung marquez but it was just a split second punch that it would not be seen during live..you can't fault them if they say marquez won the fight especially if they are not watching intently..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:55 am 
Heavyweight

pixelpoint wrote:
If counterpunching wins fights, then everybody will become counterpunchers, hence, there will be no fight coz everyone just waits for a punch to counter... :lol:

oo nga naman, duwag at TAMAD lang ang nagcocounter punch.

Muhammad Ali

CIA#07-10-012
PB#453

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

mario lopez should just stick to his day job
that is hosting "extra" a half hour chismis show

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:31 am 
Flyweight

pixelpoint wrote:
If counterpunching wins fights, then everybody will become counterpunchers, hence, there will be no fight coz everyone just waits for a punch to counter... :lol:

I agree with your point. That's exactly the reason why there's effective aggression criteria when judging a fight. From an untrained eye or a casual spectator, we are easily influenced by commentators or the expectations of the fight in which we tend to watch the fight in emotional manner. As mentioned in other post, Pacquiao is a victim of his own success that people are expecting him to knockout, if not beat the hell out his opponent ALWAYS!

Though I believe Marquez made a good case for himself, it is seems that the judges favor the aggressor over the other especially during a close fight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:09 am 
Middleweight

Sure pacqiao my have been outboxed but to beat the champ you just got to do more than throw little punches here and there. You need to beat the living crap of daylight out of the champ like what pacqioa did to ledwaba which left no doubt in the judges mind. Most of time the judges gives the call to the champ when it comes down to the wire. marquez know better but can not handle the truth. since he thinks he beat pacqiao maybe he shud go up to welterweight and fight the likes of cotto and the rest of the gang. a matchup with moseley would be a good startup cos both at about same old age. all marques doing is using pacqiao for the money. marquez do not deserve a 20 million purse throwing counterpunches all day long and for nothing. if a four fight happen marques will laugh all way to the bank and the biggest losers are the paying customers. voila wake up!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:31 am 
Light Heavyweight

Ohh... Mario Lopez.. i was scoring a 10 for Manny in one round and he is contradicting it.

Its Manny 115-113 (7-5)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:07 am 
Cruiserweight

pixelpoint wrote:

There is a parallel to this in hockey, when the Flyers refused to leave their own zone because the Bolts were employing a no-forechecking 1-3-1 play. Yes, if Pacquiao employed the same plan, did we have an exciting fight to talk about? Pac knows he's superior to Marquez, no doubt about that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 pm 
Lightweight

TheSubversive wrote:
freewheeze wrote:
but aint mario lopez friends with pac?

mario is a known pactard.

Amir Khan and Lopez both Pac supporters. they had it for Marquez

no bias there

Tell it to the MARINES... :machinegun:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:42 pm 
Heavyweight

NYobserver wrote:
mario lopez should just stick to his day job
that is hosting "extra" a half hour chismis show

OK let's do it ...

Mario Lopez vs Boy Abunda ... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:49 pm 
Heavyweight

pixelpoint wrote:
Damn... watching the HBO version got me thinking that Mario Lopez being Mexican has swayed viewers that Marquez is winning in every close round...

Marquez did better being the underdog but still Pacquiao win the rounds. This is an even more convincing win than his 2 previous fights, the only thing is that there's no knockdowns.

Most of us just expected that Manny will blast this guy. It was this disappointment that got us thinking that Manny lost.

Watch the HBO version and judge for yourself.

Don't be swayed by the crowd and even the commentator. Harold Lederman got it right... and so are the judges.

Mario Lopez is being biased here... he got me also thinking that Marquez won the fight...

Marquez deserves another shot though... Viva Mehico...

Bro at what part of HBO telecast Mario Lopez appeared ? or was there any other broadcast that he was in ?

Thanks

Actually at first It made me think that JMM also won the fight ( Maybe because of the Manny will KO JMM thoughts in my mind and the commentators POV during the fight ) but I realize at the end that Manny really won by boxing JMM out and you can see it on their faces who really got the most damage. Manny also said on the after the fight interview that he BLOCKED a lot of JMM's punches.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:56 pm 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
i haven't watched the hbo version.. we also had the TR version.

after seeing compubox and reading thoughts of boxing pundits who are non pactards who thought pac really won but via razor thin decision.
I am having second thoughts now from my original wanna be judging of the fight. I had marquez winning by at least 2 or 3 points after the fight ended so I was surprised manny got the nod.

did pac really won or the fight was a draw at the very least?

I have to watch the fight again on mute though because there was indeed an impression that marquez was dominating because the crowd oohh and aahhed whenever pac gets coutered which you never really notice as the fight happens.
add in the odds were pac is an overwhelming favorite.

one thing is for sure though, marquez to pac is like ken norton to ali. he just has pac's number regardless of the jump in weight.
jmm had a brilliant game plan negating pac's aggression, making him wary of every attack pac wanted to initiate.
he ducked whenever pac tried to unleash combos which was brilliant but was frustrating to watch. Pac really felt frustrated because he just can't time marquez.

Think its the other way around. Manny Pacquiao got Marquez' number. Marquez will never win against the PacMan. Watch the HBO version. Harold Lederman, Emmanuel Steward and Jim Lampley are definitely better analysts than Khan, Lopez. Nathanielz and Tolentino combined. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

TheSubversive wrote:
freewheeze wrote:
but aint mario lopez friends with pac?

mario is a known pactard.

Amir Khan and Lopez both Pac supporters. they had it for Marquez

no bias there

lopez pwede. Amir khan? hmmmmnnnn......

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

pixelpoint wrote:
Damn... watching the HBO version got me thinking that Mario Lopez being Mexican has swayed viewers that Marquez is winning in every close round...

Marquez did better being the underdog but still Pacquiao win the rounds. This is an even more convincing win than his 2 previous fights, the only thing is that there's no knockdowns.

Most of us just expected that Manny will blast this guy. It was this disappointment that got us thinking that Manny lost.

Don't be swayed by the crowd and even the commentator. Harold Lederman got it right... and so are the judges.

Mario Lopez is being biased here... he got me also thinking that Marquez won the fight...

same here bro i thought Pacman lost because of the commentators & one more thing yung mga katabi ko lalo na mga babae napapasigaw pag natatamaan si Pacman, lintik kasi ang haba ng buhok ni Pacman mukhang malakas tuloy ang mga suntok ni Marquez pag tinatamaan cya :lol: :lol: :lol: pisting buhok at commentators yan .. buti pa si Quinito Henson sa replay dapat sa ch.7 ko na lang pinanood :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

pixelpoint wrote:

You must have been affected by his dimples! Watch out!