Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:15 pm 
Middleweight

I don't understand those who are defending the dirty trick of Marquez. First, let me ask those who are defending him... If you step on someone's foot what's your initial reaction? Are you going to continue stepping on it or let go foot? Watch the replay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VRQms5hdMU and notice how Marquez even stepped more (idiniin pa ang pag apak) instead of letting go. If he was a sport, he should have let go and even gave a simple gesture of apology. Is his foot numb that he would say, "I didn't know I was stepping on him."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm 
Welterweight

sandugo wrote:
psi wrote:
napulot ko lng to sa fb.. hindi kay DR.

i'll believe you if you can show MP stepping on JMM's foot.

from rd 1 to rd 12, may foot stomping.. accidental? karma is a bitch. :biglaugh:

watch this vid instead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VRQms5hdMU

ok if indeed intentional.....siguro every attack ni Manny alam na ni marquez whre manny's foot lands...
pero mahirap pa din :)

Isipin nyo na lang paano nagagawa ng mga mandurukot ang "craft" nila.

No need to pay full attention on opponent's foot. You can estimate it the way he moves. Let's say, 1 out of 10 per round. Not bad! Take note how he "plants" his foot. It's always heel first -- like a trap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:25 pm 
Welterweight

It was a trick indeed.

But it takes two to tango. At that time manny was the only one to know/feel that trick against him. He should raised the issue to the Ref of to Roach atleast.

This really exposed Marquez and should be an eye opener for all. It could be an old trick, but im sure it was never anticipated by team pacquiao. I felt it was a big factor in the fight that's why Manny was not able to execute what most of us expected.

"A perfect world means having a perfect balance, Day/Night, Hot/Cold, Yin/Yang, Good/Evil. The question is, on which side you are?" - myself

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:38 pm 
Heavyweight

mharky wrote:
I don't understand those who are defending the dirty trick of Marquez. First, let me ask those who are defending him... If you step on someone's foot what's your initial reaction? Are you going to continue stepping on it or let go foot? Watch the replay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VRQms5hdMU and notice how Marquez even stepped more (idiniin pa ang pag apak) instead of letting go. If he was a sport, he should have let go and even gave a simple gesture of apology. Is his foot numb that he would say, "I didn't know I was stepping on him."

exactly!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:39 pm 
Heavyweight

joeylarracas wrote:
It was a trick indeed.

But it takes two to tango. At that time manny was the only one to know/feel that trick against him. He should raised the issue to the Ref of to Roach atleast.

This really exposed Marquez and should be an eye opener for all. It could be an old trick, but im sure it was never anticipated by team pacquiao. I felt it was a big factor in the fight that's why Manny was not able to execute what most of us expected.

Pacquiao was dumb.He thought he was having cramps.At one instance,he was seen shaking both legs as to remove the cramps away.Marquez's shoes should have been investigated right after the fight,there could have been Plaster of Paris in them.Reason why he was seen hurrying to go to the locker room immediately after the fight. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:50 pm 
Welterweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
joeylarracas wrote:
It was a trick indeed.

Pacquiao was dumb.He thought he was having cramps.At one instance,he was seen shaking both legs as to remove the cramps away.Marquez's shoes should have been investigated right after the fight,there could have been Plaster of Paris in them.Reason why he was seen hurrying to go to the locker room immediately after the fight. :shock:

I disagree. He was not dumb. He maybe was just to busy or focused that time. And he never thought that Marquez will use such trick.

but now, Manny (also) knows.... Foot-Stepping

"A perfect world means having a perfect balance, Day/Night, Hot/Cold, Yin/Yang, Good/Evil. The question is, on which side you are?" - myself

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

sandugo wrote:
psi wrote:
napulot ko lng to sa fb.. hindi kay DR.

i'll believe you if you can show MP stepping on JMM's foot.

from rd 1 to rd 12, may foot stomping.. accidental? karma is a bitch. :biglaugh:

watch this vid instead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VRQms5hdMU

ok if indeed intentional.....siguro every attack ni Manny alam na ni marquez whre manny's foot lands...
pero mahirap pa din :)

Hindi mahirap and no need to look, the forward foot is usually aligned with the hand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:04 pm 
Heavyweight

PoloStots29 wrote:
THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN BOXING. AN ORTHODOX RIGHT HANDED STANCE MOVES OPPOSITE A SOUTHPAW RIGHT HANDED STANCE. IT HAPPENS IN BOXING ALL THE TIME! PLUS, 6 TIMES ISN'T EVEN THAT MUCH COMPARED TO HOW MANY PUNCHES THEY THROW A ROUND! SAME REASON WHY THEY CROSSED HEADS...ITS BOUND TO HAPPEN..

Thanks for lecturing us noob. :)

But peeps here are trying to determine if that repeated stepping on Manny's foot was intentional or just normal. Let me ask you something dude, "Balyahan" in Basketball is just normal, but if the other player will elbow you 6-7 times throughout the game, are you going to treat that also as normal? :)

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? -Mark 8:36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 pm 
Heavyweight

CPK-MB wrote:
joeylarracas wrote:
OompaLoompa wrote:
and despite all that dirty tricks Marquez still LOST :lol: :lol:

Kaya nga sobrang sama ng loob. "Lahat na lang ng pandaraya ginawa ko na, ano pa bang kelangan kong gawin?"

Post fight interview:

Marquez said " what do I need to do to win the fight"

Marquez is now thinking of adding some dirty tricks in their fourth fight...

Nyahahaha... :lol:

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? -Mark 8:36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:41 pm 
Middleweight

Royce Gracie II wrote:
Sahey wrote:
I wonder what JMM is going to say when this video becomes viral. Surely this foot stepping did not happen in Pac Vs JMM I & II. When Nacho Beristain declared that they have new trick up their sleeve leading to the Pac Vs JMM III, I really wanted to see what could that be. I didn't see anything new from Marquez during the fight. Now I guess it's the foot-stepping trick. Very subtle move. Not too obvious but apparently worked in Marquez's favor.

Of course, the pee drinker will claim that it was not intentional. What a cheater. :biglaugh:

I will not be surprised. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:46 pm 
Heavyweight

"El Tapak" tactic in every rounds pics and link

not yet complete

1 to 8 rounds finished

4 rounds to go

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=208686&hilit=

KUPAL ANG KOKONTRA SA AKIN!
PUTANGINA NYO!

BOYCOTT CHINA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

jackie wrote:
PoloStots29 wrote:
THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN BOXING. AN ORTHODOX RIGHT HANDED STANCE MOVES OPPOSITE A SOUTHPAW RIGHT HANDED STANCE. IT HAPPENS IN BOXING ALL THE TIME! PLUS, 6 TIMES ISN'T EVEN THAT MUCH COMPARED TO HOW MANY PUNCHES THEY THROW A ROUND! SAME REASON WHY THEY CROSSED HEADS...ITS BOUND TO HAPPEN..

Thanks for lecturing us noob. :)

But peeps here are trying to determine if that repeated stepping on Manny's foot was intentional or just normal. Let me ask you something dude, "Balyahan" in Basketball is just normal, but if the other player will elbow you 6-7 times throughout the game, are you going to treat that also as normal? :)

excellent rebuttal.
sagutin mo yan polo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:05 pm 
Heavyweight

PoloStots29 wrote:

hey brother!
you know how to count don't you?
here are some pics.
that's just from round 1 to 8
4 rounds to go and it will be complete

Evidences (borrowed from another thread by Thunder_knuckles):

KUPAL ANG KOKONTRA SA AKIN!
PUTANGINA NYO!

BOYCOTT CHINA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

docunso wrote:
PoloStots29 wrote:

hey brother!
you know how to count don't you?
here are some pics.
that's just from round 1 to 8
4 rounds to go and it will be complete

Evidences (borrowed from another thread by Thunder_knuckles):

hanep sa evidence!
pwedeng pang international court. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 pm 
Flyweight

Hindi ko na tuloy mabilang kung ilang beses inapakan ni JMM si MP. Sayang ung shoes nia, malamang isang suot pa lang yun tpos baka nasira n agad. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next