Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:11 am 
Welterweight

destroyer_pacman_champ wrote:
joeylarracas wrote:
I see. But with REPLAYS we can be the judge for the bout with the benefit of play it over and over again.

Isa pa, hindi ko alam how compubox really works and how accurate it is. :D

Well it is widely used on different sports etc.

see it for yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compubox

http://compuboxonline.com/bio.php

Thanks, Nice read. Ngayon may idea na ko. 2 operators, 4 keys each. Fair enough.

"A perfect world means having a perfect balance, Day/Night, Hot/Cold, Yin/Yang, Good/Evil. The question is, on which side you are?" - myself

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 am 
Light Heavyweight

dgamojr wrote:
Does stepping on the foot of your opponent merits a point deduction?

I have seen the fight twice but I hardly notice this. It is because fans were focus watching on punches of both fighters. This video clearly shows JMM wants to slow down Pac and spells the difference. Maybe judges have had noticed this trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... z5jkzyRT7s

Some very good fighters accidentally stepped on the opponents foot, especially when throwing a hook.
It can be illegal if the ref decides you did it on purpose, but it happens by accident all of the time, especially if a righty and a lefty are fighting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

joeylarracas wrote:
joeylarracas wrote:
I see. But with REPLAYS we can be the judge for the bout with the benefit of play it over and over again.

Isa pa, hindi ko alam how compubox really works and how accurate it is. :D

Well it is widely used on different sports etc.

see it for yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compubox

http://compuboxonline.com/bio.php

Thanks, Nice read. Ngayon may idea na ko. 2 operators, 4 keys each. Fair enough.

Well hopefully one day Boxing will eradicate judges to eliminate subjective point of view.

If no knockouts happen. People should look into COMPUBOX round by round punches landed wherein power punches are credited more than jabs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:28 am 
Cruiserweight

The Reason for all of the WHINING is because to use a Betting Term....

Pacquiao did not COVER the SPREAD...

Everyone predicted that Manny would score a Knockout against an older Juan Ma

Since it didn't happen lots of folks lost Money on a Knockout bet and whenever an

Overwhelming Underdog performs well above expectations he is given extra Kudos for

the Unexpected Showing.

I originally scored it 115 to 113 for Pac too, but after watching the Replay and especially

turning the sound off, Pacquiao clearly, not dominantly, but clearly won 116 to 112.

Kudos to JMM for being so competitive at 38. Expect Angel Hernandez to get lots of calls

to work with other Fighters.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:33 am 
Lightweight

After watching it live on TOP RANK pay per view. I initially thought that Pacquiao and Marquez 3 was a draw, 114-114. 6 rounds each.

On 2nd viewing this time on SKY SPORTS version I scored it 115-113 for Pacquiao.

On 3rd viewing on HBO version and with the benefit of COMPUBOX, I scored it 116-112.

3 times I watched but JMM never won. I was wondering why the crowd and some people were so upset.

Looking at compubox figures, Pacquiao won 11 out of 12 rounds. One inference to draw from this is the judges were in fact giving Marquez credit for cleaner, in some cases harder, punches — that’s why the scores were as close as they were. But this was not enough in the judges’ minds to overcome Pacquiao’s aggression, his higher punch output, and his high landed punch totals.

http://michaeldsellers.com/blog/2011/11 ... -compubox/

Could you please give us the link to watch the version from TOP RANK pay per view and SKY SPORTS.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:25 am 
Welterweight

dgamojr wrote:
Does stepping on the foot of your opponent merits a point deduction?

I have seen the fight twice but I hardly notice this. It is because fans were focus watching on punches of both fighters. This video clearly shows JMM wants to slow down Pac and spells the difference. Maybe judges have had noticed this trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... z5jkzyRT7s

Some very good fighters accidentally stepped on the opponents foot, especially when throwing a hook.
It can be illegal if the ref decides you did it on purpose, but it happens by accident all of the time, especially if a righty and a lefty are fighting.

Maybe JMM did it accidentally on purpose :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

wolve wrote:
After watching it live on TOP RANK pay per view. I initially thought that Pacquiao and Marquez 3 was a draw, 114-114. 6 rounds each.

On 2nd viewing this time on SKY SPORTS version I scored it 115-113 for Pacquiao.

On 3rd viewing on HBO version and with the benefit of COMPUBOX, I scored it 116-112.

3 times I watched but JMM never won. I was wondering why the crowd and some people were so upset.

Looking at compubox figures, Pacquiao won 11 out of 12 rounds. One inference to draw from this is the judges were in fact giving Marquez credit for cleaner, in some cases harder, punches — that’s why the scores were as close as they were. But this was not enough in the judges’ minds to overcome Pacquiao’s aggression, his higher punch output, and his high landed punch totals.

http://michaeldsellers.com/blog/2011/11 ... -compubox/

Could you please give us the link to watch the version from TOP RANK pay per view and SKY SPORTS.
Thanks!

I watch top rank version pay per view live at my computer

http://www.toprank.com/FightNight.dbml? ... 100696&v=2

Sky sports and HBO

http://www.phnoy.com/2011/11/pacquiao-v ... eplay.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:41 am 
Light Heavyweight

HUNA wrote:
The Reason for all of the WHINING is because to use a Betting Term....

Pacquiao did not COVER the SPREAD...

Everyone predicted that Manny would score a Knockout against an older Juan Ma

Since it didn't happen lots of folks lost Money on a Knockout bet and whenever an

Overwhelming Underdog performs well above expectations he is given extra Kudos for

the Unexpected Showing.

I originally scored it 115 to 113 for Pac too, but after watching the Replay and especially

turning the sound off, Pacquiao clearly, not dominantly, but clearly won 116 to 112.

Kudos to JMM for being so competitive at 38. Expect Angel Hernandez to get lots of calls

to work with other Fighters.

I agree with you on this one. Pacquiao is a victim of high expectations.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:47 am 
Featherweight

Manny during post fight interview with GMA 7 reporter said,"I clearly won the fight go watch the replay" without even watching it himself. Manny knows!!! He is the best person to know coz he is the one who is in there. He knows if he lost a round and he surely knows when he won one too. I initially watched this fight in the public gym, standing at the back, without the benefit of the audio so I was the one personally scoring the bout. To my assessment then, it was still Manny by one round bacause I gave round 12 to Manny for the clearer jabs and last second straight left. When I went back home and watch it on TV,(hearing Quinito Henson's gorup not Ronnie Nathanielz) my score was the same. Then went online for the HBO version, I even scored it 116-112 for Manny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:49 am 
Light Heavyweight

Good thing we have professional judges there to see the fight more closely as it happens without the benefit of the replays. Yes, Pacquiao was a victim of high expectations. Thus, a mere subpar performance (kudos to Marquez's great conditioning and style) from this expectation was considered a "loss" for some people who got carried away also by the cheers of predominantly Mexican crowd.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:18 pm 
Heavyweight

another issue about compubox.

:peace: