Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:29 am 
Light Heavyweight

After watching it live on TOP RANK pay per view. I initially thought that Pacquiao and Marquez 3 was a draw, 114-114. 6 rounds each.

On 2nd viewing this time on SKY SPORTS version I scored it 115-113 for Pacquiao.

On 3rd viewing on HBO version and with the benefit of COMPUBOX, I scored it 116-112.

3 times I watched but JMM never won. I was wondering why the crowd and some people were so upset.

Looking at compubox figures, Pacquiao won 11 out of 12 rounds. One inference to draw from this is the judges were in fact giving Marquez credit for cleaner, in some cases harder, punches — that’s why the scores were as close as they were. But this was not enough in the judges’ minds to overcome Pacquiao’s aggression, his higher punch output, and his high landed punch totals.

http://michaeldsellers.com/blog/2011/11 ... -compubox/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:36 am 
Welterweight

i agree with u TS i also watched it oh HBO hd clear copy and i have it as 116-112 for pacquiao...hope other members here will also review the fight to erase all the doubts we were all wrong about the fight we owe Manny an apologu big big apology to our idol.........PAcman we are proud of you are our true CHaAMPION........ :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

dy3icy27 wrote:
i agree with u TS i also watched it oh HBO hd clear copy and i have it as 116-112 for pacquiao...hope other members here will also review the fight to erase all the doubts we were all wrong about the fight we owe Manny an apologu big big apology to our idol.........PAcman we are proud of you are our true CHaAMPION........ :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Good thing there are replays of different versions and COMPUBOX to erase any doubts 8).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 am 
Middleweight

destroyer_pacman_champ wrote:
dy3icy27 wrote:

Good thing there are replays of different versions and COMPUBOX to erase any doubts 8).

precisely Bro.. at the end of the day JMM will realize that MP really won the fight after watching the replay later. No need for MP vs JMM 4.. Bring FM next.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=EehQsnaz2Ns

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 am 
Featherweight

Watched it live on HBO, never doubted Manny's win.. but i am shocked when i opened Facebook,that many of our kababayans were crying that it was a robbery against Marquez, tsk tsk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:11 am 
Light Heavyweight

dark_emperor wrote:
Watched it live on HBO, never doubted Manny's win.. but i was shocked when i opended Facebook,that many of our kababayans were crying that it was a robbery against Marquez, tsk tsk

Fans are spoiled by Manny with knockouts and dominating wins. They are not used to seeing manny getting hit.

When you say robbery, one fighter should have outclassed or dominated the other but judges scored it otherwise.

No way this was a robbery.

Close but not a convincing win. Too many fans with too high expectations for Manny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:17 am 
Light Heavyweight

janjemar wrote:
destroyer_pacman_champ wrote:
dy3icy27 wrote:

precisely Bro.. at the end of the day JMM will realize that MP really won the fight after watching the replay later. No need for MP vs JMM 4.. Bring FM next.

I agree. No need for MP for JMM 4. If ever it will happened, It will be another MP close win if he won't be able to knock out JMM. And JMM will never agree with the judges scores.

Oddmakers will install FLoyd as the favorite and Manny as the underdog becasue of this fight. As for me, MP vs Floyd will be a 50/50 fight.

STYLES makes FIGHTS.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:20 am 
Welterweight

bro HBO clear copy mas close up try mo scoran baka makumbinsi naten yung obang nabulag hehehe i have it 116-112 for pacquiao...watch n enjoy;).......... http://www.idmfull.com/2011/11/pacquiao ... ay_14.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:27 am 
Welterweight

For me, I dont need compubox stats. I saw it with my own eyes, it was a close and good fight. Manny was taking Marquez's hardest punch like Jinkee's left hand :lol: Marquez made Manny punch several thin air. But still Manny was able to connect more.

All these I saw thanks to a REPLAY

"A perfect world means having a perfect balance, Day/Night, Hot/Cold, Yin/Yang, Good/Evil. The question is, on which side you are?" - myself

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:28 am 
Light Heavyweight

dy3icy27 wrote:
bro HBO clear copy mas close up try mo scoran baka makumbinsi naten yung obang nabulag hehehe i have it 116-112 for pacquiao...watch n enjoy;).......... http://www.idmfull.com/2011/11/pacquiao ... ay_14.html

Exactly. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:32 am 
Light Heavyweight

joeylarracas wrote:
For me, I dont need compubox stats. I saw it with my own eyes, it was a close and good fight. Manny was taking Marquez's hardest punch like Jinkee's left hand :lol: Marquez made Manny punch several thin air. But still Manny was able to connect more.

All these I saw thanks to a REPLAY

Well COMPUBOX were created as an OBJECTIVE tool for close fights like this especially when there are no knockdowns, point deductions etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:44 am 
Welterweight

bro ts the important thing is ...others should watch the replay over n over again then try to score it very carefully round by round....much better take off the volume put it in mute so you can score the fight with more concentration and i guarantee you....at the end of the day you will say ohh yeah manny really won the fight no doubt........SPECIALLY TO SUBVERSIVE ba name nun?try to watch it again again....totoo pala na sa Replay may nananalo I thought it was only a joke but its true.........and its difficult to judge when you are watching it live and at the same time you are scoring the fight....to the judges Job Well Done thats why theyve been so called professionals its easy to score it in replays.....not in live

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:47 am 
Welterweight

I see. But with REPLAYS we can be the judge for the bout with the benefit of play it over and over again.

Isa pa, hindi ko alam how compubox really works and how accurate it is. :D

"A perfect world means having a perfect balance, Day/Night, Hot/Cold, Yin/Yang, Good/Evil. The question is, on which side you are?" - myself

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 am 
Featherweight

Does stepping on the foot of your opponent merits a point deduction?

I have seen the fight twice but I hardly notice this. It is because fans were focus watching on punches of both fighters. This video clearly shows JMM wants to slow down Pac and spells the difference. Maybe judges have had noticed this trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... z5jkzyRT7s

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

joeylarracas wrote:
I see. But with REPLAYS we can be the judge for the bout with the benefit of play it over and over again.

Isa pa, hindi ko alam how compubox really works and how accurate it is. :D

Well it is widely used on different sports etc.

see it for yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compubox

http://compuboxonline.com/bio.php