Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:45 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:18 pm 
Heavyweight

i agree with miron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:37 pm 
Welterweight

Marquez fought as if he was in an exhibition or a sparring session. He looked great to the crowd but surely not with the judges. They know who's fighting vis-a-vis a guy who's just clowning. If 4th match gets materialized I would advise him to mix it up early although I am afraid he'll will go down early too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 pm 
Strawweight

I did not write down my score card, but I would have disagreed with Lederman with at least 1 round. Best scenario in my card for Marquez is 114-114. He didn't win in that fight in my card. It's 115-113 Pacquiao or 114-114.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:05 pm 
Strawweight

Im new here...I just want to say na as a fan of pacquiao na sana ung tumitira sa kanya na pinoy should stop. Cause it doesn't help. I think pacman is a true hero of the country, na kahit na maraming nangyayari sa bansa na di maganda may tao na nagtatayo ng bandila ntin. Na tumutulong sa mahihirap at nagbibigay ng pag asa sa kanila. As filipino sana we should thank god at nakalusot si pacquiao. DID WE THANK GOD FOR THAT? I dont know pacquiao, but as filipino I am supporting him all the way...It's not fair for pacman na hiyain at ikahiya natin sya ng ganito pagkatapos nya taung pasayahin at bigyan karangalan. Alam ko may mga opinyon tau. Pero sana at the end of the day we thank god we won and hope na sana next time di na ganito ka close ang laban. Pacquiao is 32 now and mga ilang laban na lang retired na. Sana ung natitira nyang laban is maging maganda for us filipinos. Tapos na po ang laban. dun sa mga humahabol pa at pinipilit na nanalo si marquez. next time you present yourself sa top rank para judge. IKAW NA THE BEST KA EH!!!!Peace...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:07 pm 
Heavyweight

I scored it 114-114, but I dont believe that it was a robbery... 116-112 for either one is a legit score card, I have at least 3 very close cards myself...

9 to 1 odds in favor for pacquiao, the expectation was high that Pac will annihilate JMM. Most of those who underestimated JMM are the ones who are crying robbery now. Part of me always knew that the fight will be this close. But most of us were blind sided by JMM's age and the welterweight division suppose-to-be favoring pac. JMM is still a great fighter and he fought cautiously to avoid any KD this time. So what he got is at least a moral victory, competetive despite the odds.

Styles make fight... so there

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:13 pm 
Welterweight

This is what I have been saying. If i were the one of the judges and I found out that for each round the fight was too close, i would score 10 to the boxer who is more aggressive that to the one who just wait and see. And this what happened to Manny. Marquez may have rounds where he really Pacquiao but there are more rouinds where the fight was too close; where the points went to Manny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:51 pm 
Featherweight

How do a defensive figther will win? ... kudos to TS it's a dull fight.
agrressive fighter do gain a nod to win

watch the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9d4iPDeigI
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 pm 
Strawweight

if you always watching boxing & knew how to score every round...no question at all how Pac's got the decision...
Kaya next time kapag manonood ka...mag score ka round by round para alam mo kung sino ang nanalo hindi yung nakikinig k lang sa komento ng ibang tao...echendes!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:26 am 
Heavyweight

pinoy ray wrote:
Im new here...I just want to say na as a fan of pacquiao na sana ung tumitira sa kanya na pinoy should stop. Cause it doesn't help. I think pacman is a true hero of the country, na kahit na maraming nangyayari sa bansa na di maganda may tao na nagtatayo ng bandila ntin. Na tumutulong sa mahihirap at nagbibigay ng pag asa sa kanila. As filipino sana we should thank god at nakalusot si pacquiao. DID WE THANK GOD FOR THAT? I dont know pacquiao, but as filipino I am supporting him all the way...It's not fair for pacman na hiyain at ikahiya natin sya ng ganito pagkatapos nya taung pasayahin at bigyan karangalan. Alam ko may mga opinyon tau. Pero sana at the end of the day we thank god we won and hope na sana next time di na ganito ka close ang laban. Pacquiao is 32 now and mga ilang laban na lang retired na. Sana ung natitira nyang laban is maging maganda for us filipinos. Tapos na po ang laban. dun sa mga humahabol pa at pinipilit na nanalo si marquez. next time you present yourself sa top rank para judge. IKAW NA THE BEST KA EH!!!!Peace...

I disagree bro. criticisms is good. it makes someone do better and not be stagnant. Look what happen to Marquez. Many of her supporters think he won their 1st and 2nd fight. So he did the same thing in their next fight. So what happened then? talo again :lol: . Einstein said" Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 am 
Cruiserweight

miron_lang wrote:
Finally finished the fight today and WTF?? I must have watched a different fight compared to those people blabbering about how good JMM got robbed :(

I watch and replayed each round without audio and written all time marks of the hits. If any of you want to dispute on how i score it. then i am all for it. bring it.

Round 1 Pacquiao ( Slightly Clear )
Round 2 Pacquiao ( Could have gone either way )
Round 3 Pacquiao ( Could have gone either way )
Round 4 Pacquiao ( Slightly clear )
Round 5 Marquez ( Clear )
Round 6 Pacquao ( Could have gone either way )
Round 7 Marquez ( Clear )
Round 8 Marquez ( Could have gone either way )
Round 9 Pacquiao ( Terribly close Could have gone either way )
Round 10 Pacquio ( Terribly close Could have gone either way )
Round 11 Marquez ( Terribly close Could go either way *Right hand by JMM cliched it at the end )
Round 12 Pacquiao ( Slightly Clear )

How i score it
1. Clear and harder blows weigh more. I like harder shots than beautiful counters
2. If its all even i gave it to the aggressor who brings the fight for if he doesnt and both of them waited. it would be a dull fight.
* Most judges have this criteria

Official Judge for the fight Glen Trowbridge had it 116-112 as well
so is Harold Ledderman who is also an official judge

If we swing all the extremely close rounds we'll end up 115-113 for Juan Manuel Marquez

so any score between 116-112 to 114-114 is a good score. I repeat any of the following is a GOOD SCORING for this FIGHT.

116-112 for Pacquiao up to 116-112 for Marquez.

What happened

1. Crowd is at least 75% mexican who moaned and scream at every JMM combination and mute at Pac's expolits
2. the whole crowd and the viewers inclyuding those fighters watching were expecting Pac
to blew JMM out of the water
3. All other people are cheerleading for Marquez that muted and influenced some of the filipinos lol

Well, Pacquiao suppose to Knock Marquez out but he failed to do that. Therefore , Marquez won.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:27 am 
Middleweight

miron_lang wrote:
Finally finished the fight today and WTF?? I must have watched a different fight compared to those people blabbering about how good JMM got robbed :(

I watch and replayed each round without audio and written all time marks of the hits. If any of you want to dispute on how i score it. then i am all for it. bring it.

Round 1 Pacquiao ( Slightly Clear )
Round 2 Pacquiao ( Could have gone either way )
Round 3 Pacquiao ( Could have gone either way )
Round 4 Pacquiao ( Slightly clear )
Round 5 Marquez ( Clear )
Round 6 Pacquao ( Could have gone either way )
Round 7 Marquez ( Clear )
Round 8 Marquez ( Could have gone either way )
Round 9 Pacquiao ( Terribly close Could have gone either way )
Round 10 Pacquio ( Terribly close Could have gone either way )
Round 11 Marquez ( Terribly close Could go either way *Right hand by JMM cliched it at the end )
Round 12 Pacquiao ( Slightly Clear )

How i score it
1. Clear and harder blows weigh more. I like harder shots than beautiful counters
2. If its all even i gave it to the aggressor who brings the fight for if he doesnt and both of them waited. it would be a dull fight.
* Most judges have this criteria

Official Judge for the fight Glen Trowbridge had it 116-112 as well
so is Harold Ledderman who is also an official judge

If we swing all the extremely close rounds we'll end up 115-113 for Juan Manuel Marquez

so any score between 116-112 to 114-114 is a good score. I repeat any of the following is a GOOD SCORING for this FIGHT.

116-112 for Pacquiao up to 116-112 for Marquez.

What happened

1. Crowd is at least 75% mexican who moaned and scream at every JMM combination and mute at Pac's expolits
2. the whole crowd and the viewers inclyuding those fighters watching were expecting Pac to blew JMM out of the water
3. All other people are cheerleading for Marquez that muted and influenced some of the filipinos lol

nice observation mod. you really did find time to study your post fight analysis. fight so close that it could gone either way...

with this kind of post, you are more qualified to be a journalist. Nice round by round observation you never said who won the fight and it makes a lot of sense to me. its up to the fan to decide which round both fighters would get it. one thing is clear to me that no robbery was involved.

some would say that no way pac could have won that fight. yet, they were not able to tell which round JMM wins and what make them decide JMM got that round. Just like JMMs camp telling fans that they have been robbed 3x. yet, no official protest are filed since day 1, because no real robbery was involved.

yes, it would go in the in the history that marquez has been robbed 3x. Same thing that PAC won 3x. people can give their own arguments and justification. one thing is clear and written, PAC got 1 draw and 2 victories over marquez on the boxing record book.

I had JMM winning at first... but its more of an optical illusion.

Marilyn Monroe

Judges have the best seats in the house and it depends on the perspective point of view.

yes, i am man enough to accept that i belong to the kambyo group... :toast:

thanks to the advancement of technology. we can always watch the replay even in super slow motion mode...

cheers mod! :toast: best post ever...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
cyraxx wrote:
Yes but you are not ringside and you are not a judge?

Yes i am not ringside and i am not a judge.

:shock:

if you are not ringside? then who is ringside? he he he :lol:

watched the fight again this time with out volume, and just like the other pacman fans who thought jmm won,
i was wrong... 8)

genesis 6:6

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9