Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:52 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:12 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:00 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Las Vegas
Me and my wife watch the hbo commentary of this fight from a sports bar and restaurant in modesto CA. Entrance fee was $15 per person. Still cheaper compared to buying the pay per view. I would say there's about at least 100 paying customer who watched the fight there mostly 50% white 30% mexican 10% black and 10% pinoys. Most of us there were probably a pacman fan and was screaming and cheering during the fight specially after pacquiao was announced the winner.
Then i also watched the reply of the fight, the hbo version also. I scored the fight a draw giving pacman rd 1-3-4-10-11-12, then i watched it again and rd 6 and 9 was close could have gone to etheir man PACMAN'S fans screaming manny's name before and during the fight. But just after the bell sounded not even one pacman fans soul can be heard. Where the heck did they go. Not even one soul screaming manny's name to opposed the boos from the Mexican crowd specially during the interview.They let manny getting booed out there. Nasan yung mga alalay nga at leeches nia to cheer for him? D 60 plus congressman/fan from the Philippines ay nagbalimbing na naman?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:19 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 2624
Location: Caprica
People think it's ridiculous when I say that there were just way more latinos than Filipinos during the fight. Partly because the latin grammy was on friday, the day before the fight. I was in Vegas, but believe me the Pinoys were way outnumbered. The mexican boos and cheers were over powering ours.

_________________
"Life is like riding a bicycle - to keep your balance, you must keep moving" (Albert Einstein).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:51 pm
Posts: 119
yes filipinos were outnumbered by the latins but americans are with manny. yet, pac was booed

_________________
am 9 million percent sure Im a pacfan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:00 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Las Vegas
CarneSeca wrote:
People think it's ridiculous when I say that there were just way more latinos than Filipinos during the fight. Partly because the latin grammy was on friday, the day before the fight. I was in Vegas, but believe me the Pinoys were way outnumbered. The mexican boos and cheers were over powering ours.


Karamihan ata kasi nagpusta na mananaknock out ni pacquiao si crying baby Marquez. Kaya wala man lang nag cheer after the bell sounded. All dis appointed that Marquez still standing after 12 rds


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:38 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 2624
Location: Caprica
LuckyMichelle7 wrote:
yes filipinos were outnumbered by the latins but americans are with manny. yet, pac was booed


How would you know? You weren't there. You were spooning with d'sows that night.

_________________
"Life is like riding a bicycle - to keep your balance, you must keep moving" (Albert Einstein).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:40 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 2624
Location: Caprica
nobody1531 wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:
People think it's ridiculous when I say that there were just way more latinos than Filipinos during the fight. Partly because the latin grammy was on friday, the day before the fight. I was in Vegas, but believe me the Pinoys were way outnumbered. The mexican boos and cheers were over powering ours.


Karamihan ata kasi nagpusta na mananaknock out ni pacquiao si crying baby Marquez. Kaya wala man lang nag cheer after the bell sounded. All dis appointed that Marquez still standing after 12 rds


I thought it was going to be a rd 4 KO by Pac, but I just bet that he would win. I learned from the Cotto fight. Most people bet for Marquez because the odds for him was 1-8.

_________________
"Life is like riding a bicycle - to keep your balance, you must keep moving" (Albert Einstein).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:51 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:00 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Las Vegas
CarneSeca wrote:
nobody1531 wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:
People think it's ridiculous when I say that there were just way more latinos than Filipinos during the fight. Partly because the latin grammy was on friday, the day before the fight. I was in Vegas, but believe me the Pinoys were way outnumbered. The mexican boos and cheers were over powering ours.


Karamihan ata kasi nagpusta na mananaknock out ni pacquiao si crying baby Marquez. Kaya wala man lang nag cheer after the bell sounded. All dis appointed that Marquez still standing after 12 rds


I thought it was going to be a rd 4 KO by Pac, but I just bet that he would win. I learned from the Cotto fight. Most people bet for Marquez because the odds for him was 1-8.


My instinct was it will go 12 rds. Because Marquez has proven time and time again that he has the heart and experience to get up even after manny knocked him down three times during the first fight. Also the scond fight. The fight with Mayweather and katsidis. He got knockdown but always gets up. But I didn't bet as usual I'm not really into betting in a boxing match


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:59 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:51 am
Posts: 931
Location: Calgary, Canada
I was there bro. Yes we were outnumbered

_________________
once you go MAC you'll never go BACK


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 pm
Posts: 1189
Location: Gliese 581-C
CarneSeca wrote:
nobody1531 wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:
People think it's ridiculous when I say that there were just way more latinos than Filipinos during the fight. Partly because the latin grammy was on friday, the day before the fight. I was in Vegas, but believe me the Pinoys were way outnumbered. The mexican boos and cheers were over powering ours.


Karamihan ata kasi nagpusta na mananaknock out ni pacquiao si crying baby Marquez. Kaya wala man lang nag cheer after the bell sounded. All dis appointed that Marquez still standing after 12 rds


I thought it was going to be a rd 4 KO by Pac, but I just bet that he would win. I learned from the Cotto fight. Most people bet for Marquez because the odds for him was 1-8.

stupid! what do you mean most people bet for marquez?? he shouldnt been 1-8 underdog then if "most".. he could have been the favorite!!!

_________________
CANON REBEL T1i EOS 500D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:53 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 3677
Nagsiurong ang mga bayag ng mga Pacquiao fans, kasama na rin 'yung mga linta na nakapaligid sa kanya. Puro naman pala mga duwag..... pwe!! :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 3677
LuckyMichelle7 wrote:
yes filipinos were outnumbered by the latins but americans are with manny. yet, pac was booed

rachel, nanuod din pala kayo ni junjun ha..... heheheh :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:15 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:12 pm
Posts: 145
nobody1531 wrote:
Me and my wife watch the hbo commentary of this fight from a sports bar and restaurant in modesto CA. Entrance fee was $15 per person. Still cheaper compared to buying the pay per view. I would say there's about at least 100 paying customer who watched the fight there mostly 50% white 30% mexican 10% black and 10% pinoys. Most of us there were probably a pacman fan and was screaming and cheering during the fight specially after pacquiao was announced the winner.
Then i also watched the reply of the fight, the hbo version also. I scored the fight a draw giving pacman rd 1-3-4-10-11-12, then i watched it again and rd 6 and 9 was close could have gone to etheir man PACMAN'S fans screaming manny's name before and during the fight. But just after the bell sounded not even one pacman fans soul can be heard. Where the heck did they go. Not even one soul screaming manny's name to opposed the boos from the Mexican crowd specially during the interview.They let manny getting booed out there. Nasan yung mga alalay nga at leeches nia to cheer for him? D 60 plus congressman/fan from the Philippines ay nagbalimbing na naman?



Im one of the fans. What happened to me after the fight? I cashed all my winnings. Pacquiao to win by decision and fight going over 10.5 rounds. Pacquiao has always been the easy money maker since his fight with Ledwaba.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:44 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 2624
Location: Caprica
peterjack wrote:
stupid! what do you mean most people bet for marquez?? he shouldnt been 1-8 underdog then if "most".. he could have been the favorite!!!


I don't understand your statement. What I'm saying is most (as there were more marquez fans in vegas that night than pac) bet for marquez because their $1 would have won $8 had marquez won.

odds during the fight were:

9-1 for pac
1-8 for marquez

in Mandalay

pac -1125
marquez +750

Will you explain yourself please.

_________________
"Life is like riding a bicycle - to keep your balance, you must keep moving" (Albert Einstein).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:18 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:11 pm
Posts: 5808
nobody1531 wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:
People think it's ridiculous when I say that there were just way more latinos than Filipinos during the fight. Partly because the latin grammy was on friday, the day before the fight. I was in Vegas, but believe me the Pinoys were way outnumbered. The mexican boos and cheers were over powering ours.


Karamihan ata kasi nagpusta na mananaknock out ni pacquiao si crying baby Marquez. Kaya wala man lang nag cheer after the bell sounded. All dis appointed that Marquez still standing after 12 rds


Most likely your observation is correct. People losing bet money on KO likely will not cheer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:26 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 am
Posts: 308
Location: The Meadows
Quote:
stupid! what do you mean most people bet for marquez?? he shouldnt been 1-8 underdog then if "most".. he could have been the favorite!!!


Why is he/she stupid?! he's/she's right. Most people did bet the "underdog" Marquez because the odds was way better. You think Marquez should've been the favorite because more people bet on him?! LOL actually it goes by how many people actually think a fighter/team will win.

_________________
Instead of investing in HATE, invest in a MIRROR.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group