Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:52 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:12 pm 
Lightweight

Me and my wife watch the hbo commentary of this fight from a sports bar and restaurant in modesto CA. Entrance fee was $15 per person. Still cheaper compared to buying the pay per view. I would say there's about at least 100 paying customer who watched the fight there mostly 50% white 30% mexican 10% black and 10% pinoys. Most of us there were probably a pacman fan and was screaming and cheering during the fight specially after pacquiao was announced the winner.
Then i also watched the reply of the fight, the hbo version also. I scored the fight a draw giving pacman rd 1-3-4-10-11-12, then i watched it again and rd 6 and 9 was close could have gone to etheir man PACMAN'S fans screaming manny's name before and during the fight. But just after the bell sounded not even one pacman fans soul can be heard. Where the heck did they go. Not even one soul screaming manny's name to opposed the boos from the Mexican crowd specially during the interview.They let manny getting booed out there. Nasan yung mga alalay nga at leeches nia to cheer for him? D 60 plus congressman/fan from the Philippines ay nagbalimbing na naman?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

People think it's ridiculous when I say that there were just way more latinos than Filipinos during the fight. Partly because the latin grammy was on friday, the day before the fight. I was in Vegas, but believe me the Pinoys were way outnumbered. The mexican boos and cheers were over powering ours.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 pm 
Lightweight

yes filipinos were outnumbered by the latins but americans are with manny. yet, pac was booed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 pm 
Lightweight

CarneSeca wrote:
People think it's ridiculous when I say that there were just way more latinos than Filipinos during the fight. Partly because the latin grammy was on friday, the day before the fight. I was in Vegas, but believe me the Pinoys were way outnumbered. The mexican boos and cheers were over powering ours.

Karamihan ata kasi nagpusta na mananaknock out ni pacquiao si crying baby Marquez. Kaya wala man lang nag cheer after the bell sounded. All dis appointed that Marquez still standing after 12 rds

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

LuckyMichelle7 wrote:
yes filipinos were outnumbered by the latins but americans are with manny. yet, pac was booed

How would you know? You weren't there. You were spooning with d'sows that night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:40 pm 
Cruiserweight

nobody1531 wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:

Karamihan ata kasi nagpusta na mananaknock out ni pacquiao si crying baby Marquez. Kaya wala man lang nag cheer after the bell sounded. All dis appointed that Marquez still standing after 12 rds

I thought it was going to be a rd 4 KO by Pac, but I just bet that he would win. I learned from the Cotto fight. Most people bet for Marquez because the odds for him was 1-8.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:51 pm 
Lightweight

CarneSeca wrote:
nobody1531 wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:

I thought it was going to be a rd 4 KO by Pac, but I just bet that he would win. I learned from the Cotto fight. Most people bet for Marquez because the odds for him was 1-8.

My instinct was it will go 12 rds. Because Marquez has proven time and time again that he has the heart and experience to get up even after manny knocked him down three times during the first fight. Also the scond fight. The fight with Mayweather and katsidis. He got knockdown but always gets up. But I didn't bet as usual I'm not really into betting in a boxing match

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:59 pm 
Middleweight

I was there bro. Yes we were outnumbered

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 pm 
Light Heavyweight

CarneSeca wrote:
nobody1531 wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:

stupid! what do you mean most people bet for marquez?? he shouldnt been 1-8 underdog then if "most".. he could have been the favorite!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:53 pm 
Cruiserweight

Nagsiurong ang mga bayag ng mga Pacquiao fans, kasama na rin 'yung mga linta na nakapaligid sa kanya. Puro naman pala mga duwag..... pwe!! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

LuckyMichelle7 wrote:

rachel, nanuod din pala kayo ni junjun ha..... heheheh :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:15 pm 
Lightweight

nobody1531 wrote:
Me and my wife watch the hbo commentary of this fight from a sports bar and restaurant in modesto CA. Entrance fee was $15 per person. Still cheaper compared to buying the pay per view. I would say there's about at least 100 paying customer who watched the fight there mostly 50% white 30% mexican 10% black and 10% pinoys. Most of us there were probably a pacman fan and was screaming and cheering during the fight specially after pacquiao was announced the winner.
Then i also watched the reply of the fight, the hbo version also. I scored the fight a draw giving pacman rd 1-3-4-10-11-12, then i watched it again and rd 6 and 9 was close could have gone to etheir man PACMAN'S fans screaming manny's name before and during the fight. But just after the bell sounded not even one pacman fans soul can be heard. Where the heck did they go. Not even one soul screaming manny's name to opposed the boos from the Mexican crowd specially during the interview.They let manny getting booed out there. Nasan yung mga alalay nga at leeches nia to cheer for him? D 60 plus congressman/fan from the Philippines ay nagbalimbing na naman?

Im one of the fans. What happened to me after the fight? I cashed all my winnings. Pacquiao to win by decision and fight going over 10.5 rounds. Pacquiao has always been the easy money maker since his fight with Ledwaba.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:44 am 
Cruiserweight

peterjack wrote:
stupid! what do you mean most people bet for marquez?? he shouldnt been 1-8 underdog then if "most".. he could have been the favorite!!!

I don't understand your statement. What I'm saying is most (as there were more marquez fans in vegas that night than pac) bet for marquez because their $1 would have won $8 had marquez won.

odds during the fight were:

9-1 for pac
1-8 for marquez

in Mandalay

pac -1125
marquez +750

Will you explain yourself please.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:18 am 
Heavyweight

nobody1531 wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:

Most likely your observation is correct. People losing bet money on KO likely will not cheer.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:26 am 
Welterweight

Quote:

Why is he/she stupid?! he's/she's right. Most people did bet the "underdog" Marquez because the odds was way better. You think Marquez should've been the favorite because more people bet on him?! LOL actually it goes by how many people actually think a fighter/team will win.