Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:16 am 
Heavyweight

ALEX ARIZA: "I THOUGHT MARQUEZ WAS A TRUE MEXICAN WARRIOR...HE PLAYED IT SAFE"

"Marquez didn't come to fight; that was his plan, was to survive and try to take advantage and win on points. He didn't come to knock Manny out. I thought Marquez was a true Mexican warrior, was going to come and do exactly what he said and try to make sure it didn't go in the hands of judges, but he didn't. He let it go to the hands of the judges...you can't keep going backwards. Even though you're counterpunching beautifully and you're sticking to your game plan, this is a championship fight, man. This is a fight that had two controversial endings...Marquez played it safe and didn't want to take any risks. A true Mexican warrior big shot that he is and that he claims to be...What happened to all that blood, life, glory and all that other stuff that he said on 24/7? I thought he was going to leave it all in the ring, not play it safe. I never heard 'play it safe' ever come into play," stated world-class strength-and-conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who shared his thoughts on the outcome of last Saturday's fight, the performances of both Pacquiao and Marquez, their future plans and much more. Check it out!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11219.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:31 am 
Welterweight

I agree. Marquez has the heart of true champion but not the desire and will. He always plays it safe even against B and C figthers. Now i know that's how counter-punchers fight but to beat the best you have to go and get it. Just like Winky Wright and Clottey. They're great defensive fighters but they always play it safe and if it's a close fight. Most of the time the judges won't give them the win.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:43 am 
Heavyweight

Ariza really need to keep his mouth shut. He doesn't represent Pacquiao well by talking too much trash.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:45 am 
Heavyweight

I agree that ALEX talks WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOO Much...

But other's have made the Valid point, If you're going to TAKE a CHAMPIONS BELT away from the MAN,

You must take it out of the Judges Hands...And certainly DON"T take the Championship Rounds OFF!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:57 am 
Heavyweight

Ariza is talking like he is "the" trainer and not Roach. Stick to conditioning.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 am 
Flyweight

HUNA wrote:
I agree that ALEX talks WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOO Much...

But other's have made the Valid point, If you're going to TAKE a CHAMPIONS BELT away from the MAN,

You must take it out of the Judges Hands...And certainly DON"T take the Championship Rounds OFF!!

right! Korek po!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:36 am 
Welterweight

dear alex ariza,
stfu and stay in the background where you belong.
thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:38 am 
Middleweight

ariza 100% right on the mark. marquez was so scared of pacman that he backpedal his way back across the border

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:43 am 
Light Heavyweight

alex stfu its like your saying jmm played it safe and yet gave pacman a close fight =makes manny look bad
stop making excuses alex maybe its your fault manny wasnt himslef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:38 am 
Heavyweight

Ariza got schooled too.
Did he slip and say Pac lost ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:40 am 
Welterweight

Ariza is RIGHT to get loud on this one! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:55 am 
Light Heavyweight

If you were 38 years old and in the biggest fight of your life with a southpaw slugger who has great speed... Why would you voluntarily play to their strengths by trading with them?

Marquez backpedaled for 12 rounds and lost because of it, but face it, Manny was ill-prepared to make an adjustment. Manny should have been more violent and unpredictable, with a shade more selectiveness compared to fight 1 and 2, that would have been his best out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:02 am 
Cruiserweight

fh_editor wrote:
ALEX ARIZA: "I THOUGHT MARQUEZ WAS A TRUE MEXICAN WARRIOR...HE PLAYED IT SAFE"

"Marquez didn't come to fight; that was his plan, was to survive and try to take advantage and win on points. He didn't come to knock Manny out. I thought Marquez was a true Mexican warrior, was going to come and do exactly what he said and try to make sure it didn't go in the hands of judges, but he didn't. He let it go to the hands of the judges...you can't keep going backwards. Even though you're counterpunching beautifully and you're sticking to your game plan, this is a championship fight, man. This is a fight that had two controversial endings...Marquez played it safe and didn't want to take any risks. A true Mexican warrior big shot that he is and that he claims to be...What happened to all that blood, life, glory and all that other stuff that he said on 24/7? I thought he was going to leave it all in the ring, not play it safe. I never heard 'play it safe' ever come into play," stated world-class strength-and-conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who shared his thoughts on the outcome of last Saturday's fight, the performances of both Pacquiao and Marquez, their future plans and much more. Check it out!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11219.html

That was Marquez's intention, but as soon the first round was over, Marquez's right eye was swelling and his nose reddened. That will make anyone change plan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:24 am 
Cruiserweight

I agree with Ariza this time. Marquez played it safe in the last 2 rounds and obviously he just want to win via close decision.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 am 
Cruiserweight

Ariza should stfu! He sounds like a complete jackass. It's the opponents job to maximize their potential for winning and if that means back peddaling and counterpunching then so be it. Is Marquez suppose to play to Pacquiao's strentghs and get KTFO? that's why team pac should have had a plan B instead of talking all this crap prior to this fight. Move on and learn from your mistakes and stop blaming everyone else but yourself you Jackass!!

"Jim don't come up here trying to give me no badass questions, try to degrade me.."

"Nah he never hurt me man, I'm Undestructible.." lol

"who's next!!! I got milk baby" lmao