Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:53 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:36 am 
Welterweight

Shut the fvck up Ariza...

Your mouth is too big for your shoes... :lol:
You need to learn how to behave.

Mahiya ka kay Buboy..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:42 am 
Middleweight

Ariza is correct. They set up a trap for Marquez but Marquez never came forward when Pacquiao took a step back... this is the reason why Roach said to Pacquiao to make Marquez commit. But you see Marquez was just too cautious.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:45 am 
Heavyweight

viciouscycle wrote:
Ariza is correct. They set up a trap for Marquez but Marquez never came forward when Pacquiao took a step back... this is the reason why Roach said to Pacquiao to make Marquez commit. But you see Marquez was just too cautious.

Dehin. Marquez attacked and committed too. Pacquiao at times punched at the same time, but many more times covered and moved back.

Pacquiao is still the clear winner.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:49 am 
Bantamweight

my honest opinion is that marquez was terrified of mannys power.

somewhere in the first 4 rounds he got hurt bad and decided to get on his bike and counterpunch the whole fight.

he said he was going for the ko but quickly abandoned that idea after manny got a near sweep of the first 4 rounds.

if you're gonna counterpunch all night, you have to at least get the beter of your opponent, which marquez did not do in most rounds, because equal rounds go to the aggressor which is why i gave manny rounds 9,10,11.

marquez knows that if he was coming forward lilke what manny did, he was gonna get ktfo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:54 am 
Welterweight

fh_editor wrote:

I don't think this is trash, Ariza has some points to prove.
Who are you to judge him? Read the full article!!!

Alalahanin niyo, manonood lang tayo ng laban ni Pacquiao, siya tumutulong sa ikagagaling ng ating Pambansang kamao. Wag niyong sirain yung team. Dahil sa isang pagkatalo. Sa laki nga ng sugat ni Pacman, bakit nga hindi ganung kadugo di tulad nung kay Linare, di hamak na mas maliit yun pero mas madugo. Magpasalamat na lang kayo.

“I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot…
when you think about the consequences
you always think of a negative result.”
~Michael Jordan, Basketball

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:16 am 
Cruiserweight

Erap wrote:
Ariza really need to keep his mouth shut. He doesn't represent Pacquiao well by talking too much trash.

I think Ariza is not talking trash at all. If he's saing anythin regarding above is nothing more but the truth.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:17 am 
Cruiserweight

Marquez' style is exposed in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=108&t=209253

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:20 am 
Cruiserweight

mikeguisado wrote:
dear alex ariza,
stfu and stay in the background where you belong.
thanks.

i think Ariza has the right to express his thoughts and opinion just like anyone else. Unless his boss tells him to STFU, nobody is in any position to tell him that. Besides, what he said about this is exactly right. Only people who are either envious or on JJMM's camp's side would feel negative about this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 am 
Cruiserweight

NorCal wrote:
If you were 38 years old and in the biggest fight of your life with a southpaw slugger who has great speed... Why would you voluntarily play to their strengths by trading with them?

Marquez backpedaled for 12 rounds and lost because of it, but face it, Manny was ill-prepared to make an adjustment. Manny should have been more violent and unpredictable, with a shade more selectiveness compared to fight 1 and 2, that would have been his best out.

How about he went out and said he's there to prove he's the better man and will fight toe to toe? If that's your reasons, why take the rematch in the first place?

Nice try putting all the pressure and burden to prove anything on Pacquiao. But I don't think Pacquiao is the only one who needs to prove something there. Marquez is the one who cries a lot. Why can't he clearly prove without a doubt that he can knock the F*ck out Pacquiao?

I don't think Pacquiao is ill prepared. See why here: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=209253

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 am 
Cruiserweight

CarneSeca wrote:
fh_editor wrote:
ALEX ARIZA: "I THOUGHT MARQUEZ WAS A TRUE MEXICAN WARRIOR...HE PLAYED IT SAFE"

"Marquez didn't come to fight; that was his plan, was to survive and try to take advantage and win on points. He didn't come to knock Manny out. I thought Marquez was a true Mexican warrior, was going to come and do exactly what he said and try to make sure it didn't go in the hands of judges, but he didn't. He let it go to the hands of the judges...you can't keep going backwards. Even though you're counterpunching beautifully and you're sticking to your game plan, this is a championship fight, man. This is a fight that had two controversial endings...Marquez played it safe and didn't want to take any risks. A true Mexican warrior big shot that he is and that he claims to be...What happened to all that blood, life, glory and all that other stuff that he said on 24/7? I thought he was going to leave it all in the ring, not play it safe. I never heard 'play it safe' ever come into play," stated world-class strength-and-conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who shared his thoughts on the outcome of last Saturday's fight, the performances of both Pacquiao and Marquez, their future plans and much more. Check it out!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11219.html

That was Marquez's intention, but as soon the first round was over, Marquez's right eye was swelling and his nose reddened. That will make anyone change plan.

But he didn't. Especially every time he recalls how he got knocked down many times in their previous fights that caused him not winning it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:31 am 
Cruiserweight

lightsOUT wrote:
Ariza should stfu! He sounds like a complete jackass. It's the opponents job to maximize their potential for winning and if that means back peddaling and counterpunching then so be it. Is Marquez suppose to play to Pacquiao's strentghs and get KTFO? that's why team pac should have had a plan B instead of talking all this crap prior to this fight. Move on and learn from your mistakes and stop blaming everyone else but yourself you Jackass!!

I think Marquez should have provided himself the Plan B, C and D not Pacquiao. If the fight seemed close, Marquez as the challenger should have done more to take the Championship instead of just trying and hoping to win it on points. Pacquiao can actually just keep it that way as the Champion and still win on points because he has nothing to prove as the champion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:57 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ariza is at fault why the hell did manny suffer cramps anyway ariza should have conditioned him better now hes blaming people left and right blaming manny for not following his training now hes blaming jmm for not fighting well jmm is just is using his head so does he expect jmm to attack and get kod how dumb is ariza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:14 pm 
Heavyweight

One of Ariza's stoopid tripe yet again.

wtf? :shock:

of course it was only natural that jmm will counter mp. it's what he (jmm) does best. and if you're in a championship match, you do what you do best and as much as possible, a boxer should not improvise unless the situation calls for it.

Ariza's a big dumboo if he thought jmm will engage mp in that fight, or on any other future matches both boxers will be on.

"The wretch concentered all in self, Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And doubly dying shall go down, To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonor’d and unsung." -Sir Walter Scott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:12 pm 
Heavyweight

fh_editor wrote:
ALEX ARIZA: "I THOUGHT MARQUEZ WAS A TRUE MEXICAN WARRIOR...HE PLAYED IT SAFE"

"Marquez didn't come to fight; that was his plan, was to survive and try to take advantage and win on points. He didn't come to knock Manny out. I thought Marquez was a true Mexican warrior, was going to come and do exactly what he said and try to make sure it didn't go in the hands of judges, but he didn't. He let it go to the hands of the judges...you can't keep going backwards. Even though you're counterpunching beautifully and you're sticking to your game plan, this is a championship fight, man. This is a fight that had two controversial endings...Marquez played it safe and didn't want to take any risks. A true Mexican warrior big shot that he is and that he claims to be...What happened to all that blood, life, glory and all that other stuff that he said on 24/7? I thought he was going to leave it all in the ring, not play it safe. I never heard 'play it safe' ever come into play," stated world-class strength-and-conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who shared his thoughts on the outcome of last Saturday's fight, the performances of both Pacquiao and Marquez, their future plans and much more. Check it out!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11219.html

The game plan to survive and win on points is evident in Beristain's statemments in HBO 24/7 overtime. Watch it again (not slomo) :)