Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:22 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 1507
Location: Metro Manila
[quote="Emmanuel53"][quote="Dodong Alicaba"]Judges have rendered their decision , compubox result has affirmed the accuracy of the verdict . But how come these bunch of judases are opposing the judges decision favoring their very own national hero?[/quote]

Gerry Penalosa lost to Daniel Ponce de Leon. So those expressing their disgust , and a host of Filipino writers did, over the decision and scoring should no longer express their disgust since the judges already rendered their decision. Is that what you're saying?[/quote]
As what I've said , Filipino journalist are expected to rally behind their hero. Gerry penalosa fought the honor of our country, therefore it was just about right for the Filipino writerS to side with Gerry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 6369
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
Judges have rendered their decision , compubox result has affirmed the accuracy of the verdict . But how come these bunch of judases are opposing the judges decision favoring their very own national hero?


Gerry Penalosa lost to Daniel Ponce de Leon. So those expressing their disgust , and a host of Filipino writers did, over the decision and scoring should no longer express their disgust since the judges already rendered their decision. Is that what you're saying?

As what I've said , Filipino journalist are expected to rally behind their hero. Gerry penalosa fought the honor of our country, therefore it was just about right for the Filipino writerS to side with Gerry


So you throw out honesty in favor of partisan interests? Tell me, is it right for a sports journalist or boxing analyst to express support for Manny if in his honest personal belief Pacquiao lost that fight against Marquez? Filipino journalists are still journalists by profession and being Filipino is only incidental in this case.
I myself believe that Manny won the fight but I will not ram that belief down the throats nor bully those who believe otherwise especially given the substantial divide in the number of people who have opposing views.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:15 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 631
Yes, the unsportsmanlike conduct of Marquez should be condemned to no end. We should not be hospitable to this guy if ever he will visit the Philippines. We should show him that he is a pariah! I think he does not deserve respect. Arum should not even consider increasing his pot money. I want Manny to knock this guy out but the problem is his corner did not complain about the illegal tactics, the association with admitted PEDS vendor conditioning coach. They might have got away with a banned substance just because his camp did not object. Who knows?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:18 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 1507
Location: Metro Manila
But you cannot blame us for calling these writers as judases because that's what they really are... Even in other countries, what these writers are doing are called traitors otherwise called judas!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:45 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 1507
Location: Metro Manila
[quote="Emmanuel53"][quote="Dodong Alicaba"][quote="Emmanuel53"][quote="Dodong Alicaba"]Judges have rendered their decision , compubox result has affirmed the accuracy of the verdict . But how come these bunch of judases are opposing the judges decision favoring their very own national hero?[/quote]

Gerry Penalosa lost to Daniel Ponce de Leon. So those expressing their disgust , and a host of Filipino writers did, over the decision and scoring should no longer express their disgust since the judges already rendered their decision. Is that what you're saying?[/quote]
As what I've said , Filipino journalist are expected to rally behind their hero. Gerry penalosa fought the honor of our country, therefore it was just about right for the Filipino writerS to side with Gerry[/quote]

So you throw out honesty in favor of partisan interests? Tell me, is it right for a sports journalist or boxing analyst to express support for Manny if in his honest personal belief Pacquiao lost that fight against Marquez? Filipino journalists are still journalists by profession and being Filipino is only incidental in this case.
I myself believe that Manny won the fight but I will not ram that belief down the throats nor bully those who believe otherwise especially given the substantial divide in the number of people who have opposing views.[/quote]


You are totally wrong on this Emmanuel, being a Filipino is not an incidental!
Ask yourself, where were these writers before Manny Pacquiao became a world wide phenomenon?
Most of these writers are just riding in Pacquiao's popularity!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:52 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 1507
Location: Metro Manila
What is so very upsetting to know is that why don't these bunch of judas writers give Manny Pacquiao the benefit of the doubt!

After all,

who was the more aggressive fighter? who was the busier? who was always initiating the contact?
and most of all who was the holder of the world championship belt?!! It's Manny Pacquiao himself!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:54 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 6369
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
Judges have rendered their decision , compubox result has affirmed the accuracy of the verdict . But how come these bunch of judases are opposing the judges decision favoring their very own national hero?


Gerry Penalosa lost to Daniel Ponce de Leon. So those expressing their disgust , and a host of Filipino writers did, over the decision and scoring should no longer express their disgust since the judges already rendered their decision. Is that what you're saying?

As what I've said , Filipino journalist are expected to rally behind their hero. Gerry penalosa fought the honor of our country, therefore it was just about right for the Filipino writerS to side with Gerry


Quote:
emmanuel53
So you throw out honesty in favor of partisan interests? Tell me, is it right for a sports journalist or boxing analyst to express support for Manny if in his honest personal belief Pacquiao lost that fight against Marquez? Filipino journalists are still journalists by profession and being Filipino is only incidental in this case.
I myself believe that Manny won the fight but I will not ram that belief down the throats nor bully those who believe otherwise especially given the substantial divide in the number of people who have opposing views.



Quote:
You are totally wrong on this Emmanuel, being a Filipino is not an incidental!
Ask yourself, where were these writers before Manny Pacquiao became a world wide phenomenon?
Most of these writers are just riding in Pacquiao's popularity!


Recah and Ronnie N were already journalists long before Manny Pacquiao came into prominence. Even if there was no Manny Pacquiao, Recah Trinidad and Ronnie N would still be known sports journalists , ditto with Quinito Henson. They would still be covering sports. I might not like them, I might not side with them on all issues but these guys were already staples of sports journalism when Manny was still wearing short pants.
There is no such thing as a Filipino journalist in the profession. These is only JOURNALIST. Filipino describes your nationality not your profession.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:10 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 1507
Location: Metro Manila
[quote]emmanuel53
So you throw out honesty in favor of partisan interests? Tell me, is it right for a sports journalist or boxing analyst to express support for Manny if in his honest personal belief Pacquiao lost that fight against Marquez? Filipino journalists are still journalists by profession and being Filipino is only incidental in this case.
I myself believe that Manny won the fight but I will not ram that belief down the throats nor bully those who believe otherwise especially given the substantial divide in the number of people who have opposing views.[/quote]


[quote]You are totally wrong on this Emmanuel, being a Filipino is not an incidental!
Ask yourself, where were these writers before Manny Pacquiao became a world wide phenomenon?
Most of these writers are just riding in Pacquiao's popularity![/quote]

Recah and Ronnie N were already journalists long before Manny Pacquiao came into prominence. Even if there was no Manny Pacquiao, Recah Trinidad and Ronnie N would still be known sports journalists , ditto with Quinito Henson. They would still be covering sports. I might not like them, I might not side with them on all issues but these guys were already staples of sports journalism when Manny was still wearing short pants.
There is no such thing as a Filipino journalist in the profession. These is only JOURNALIST. Filipino describes your nationality not your profession.[/quote]

I remember when Qunito Henson and Ed Picson were covering the NBA Finals in Chicago, Michael Jordan was still playing for the Bulls that time,
they were telling the Filipino people that there were lots of journalist from different countries covering the big event. I remember Quinito enumerating some of them. He said that were French Journalist, Australian Journalist, Chinese Journalist, Polish Journalist and etc. I also remember Qunito saying that they were seated right next to the Japanese Journalist!
Ed Picson said that it was an honor and a humbling experience to represent the Philippines in covering that world wide event! Ed Picson said that they referred to as the Filipino Journalist by their colleagues...

Therefore, Emmanuel, you are totally wrong when you said that the term "FILIPINO JOURNALIST" does not exist!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:18 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 1507
Location: Metro Manila
I know, Quninto Henson, Recah Trinidad, and Ronnie Nathanielzs have been sports writers even before Manny Pacquiao became a boxer. And I'm not referring to them when I said that some of the writers today are only riding in Manny Pacquiao's popularity. I'm referring to the likes of D' Source , Mr. Ampong, and others...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:51 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 6369
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
Quote:
emmanuel53
So you throw out honesty in favor of partisan interests? Tell me, is it right for a sports journalist or boxing analyst to express support for Manny if in his honest personal belief Pacquiao lost that fight against Marquez? Filipino journalists are still journalists by profession and being Filipino is only incidental in this case.
I myself believe that Manny won the fight but I will not ram that belief down the throats nor bully those who believe otherwise especially given the substantial divide in the number of people who have opposing views.



Quote:
You are totally wrong on this Emmanuel, being a Filipino is not an incidental!
Ask yourself, where were these writers before Manny Pacquiao became a world wide phenomenon?
Most of these writers are just riding in Pacquiao's popularity!


Recah and Ronnie N were already journalists long before Manny Pacquiao came into prominence. Even if there was no Manny Pacquiao, Recah Trinidad and Ronnie N would still be known sports journalists , ditto with Quinito Henson. They would still be covering sports. I might not like them, I might not side with them on all issues but these guys were already staples of sports journalism when Manny was still wearing short pants.
There is no such thing as a Filipino journalist in the profession. These is only JOURNALIST. Filipino describes your nationality not your profession.


Quote:
I remember when Qunito Henson and Ed Picson were covering the NBA Finals in Chicago, Michael Jordan was still playing for the Bulls that time,
they were telling the Filipino people that there were lots of journalist from different countries covering the big event. I remember Quinito enumerating some of them. He said that were French Journalist, Australian Journalist, Chinese Journalist, Polish Journalist and etc. I also remember Qunito saying that they were seated right next to the Japanese Journalist!
Ed Picson said that it was an honor and a humbling experience to represent the Philippines in covering that world wide event! Ed Picson said that they referred to as the Filipino Journalist by their colleagues...

Therefore, Emmanuel, you are totally wrong when you said that the term "FILIPINO JOURNALIST" does not exist![


You miss the point entirely. Being Filipino is not a career. Journalism is. You don't write articles nor analyze sporting events because you are a Filipino but because you are a JOURNALIST. Ed Picson and Quinito Henson were there not because they were Filipinos but because they belong to the media either as journalists or broadcasters. Take away the word Filipino, and they would still be there. Now take the word JOURNALIST/BROADCASTER OUT, and in all probability Henson and Picson wouldn't be present even as spectators. I doubt if there is an entire college course or program which title is - FILIPINO JOURNALISM OR A GRADUATE OF A COURSE IN FILIPINO JOURNALISM.
Now these people you are referring to are journalists and boxing analysts. They write articles or analyze boxing matches not because they are Filipinos but because they are journalists by profession. Are you trying to tell me that just because they are Filipinos, they should slant their articles in favor of Manny even if they see and feel otherwise? If that's the case they should stop being independent journalists or analysts and work in Manny's team as part of his PUBLIC RELATIONS TEAM.


Last edited by Emmanuel53 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:59 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 6369
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
I know, Quninto Henson, Recah Trinidad, and Ronnie Nathanielzs have been sports writers even before Manny Pacquiao became a boxer. And I'm not referring to them when I said that some of the writers today are only riding in Manny Pacquiao's popularity. I'm referring to the likes of D' Source , Mr. Ampong, and others...


Then why didn't you say so. You statement was an encompassing one. The mark of a true journalist is independence from partisan interest groups.
The fight was controversial and it was not exactly a decisive and convincing win for Manny. If their opinion happens to run contrary to your opinion , even the decision was not exactly a unanimous and popular one, do they not have the right to voice out their own views on the bout?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:24 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:46 pm
Posts: 653
It's not Manny's fault because everybody is expecting spectacular knockout against Marquez, he did his part we should support him whatever it takes, because in the end he is still our kababayan.

_________________
I'm gonna make you an offer you cannot refuse.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:28 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 1507
Location: Metro Manila
[quote="Emmanuel53"][quote="Dodong Alicaba"]I know, Quninto Henson, Recah Trinidad, and Ronnie Nathanielzs have been sports writers even before Manny Pacquiao became a boxer. And I'm not referring to them when I said that some of the writers today are only riding in Manny Pacquiao's popularity. I'm referring to the likes of D' Source , Mr. Ampong, and others...[/quote]

Then why didn't you say so. You statement was an encompassing one. The mark of a true journalist is independence from partisan interest groups.
The fight was controversial and it was not exactly a decisive and convincing win for Manny. If their opinion happens to run contrary to your opinion , even the decision was not exactly a unanimous and popular one, do they not have the right to voice out their own views on the bout?[/quote]
Of course they the right to voice out their views. But don't these people realized that it was a close fight and could have gone either way? The officials of the fight have rendered their decision favoring our very own fighter . And for them to oppose that and say that the opponent should have won is totally unpatriotic ...but I guess these Filipinos judases have no sense of patriotism in them so it's just a waste of time arguing with them for there is no hope at all...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:35 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:38 am
Posts: 210
Isn't it that there is a rematch clause in the Pacquiao-Marquez III contract should the Pacman losses? Team Marquez must file formal protest to once and for all review the fight rounds 1 to 12, to determine the clear winner and eventually end the controversy. A Marquez loss means a fourth fight, moot and academic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:20 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 6369
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
I know, Quninto Henson, Recah Trinidad, and Ronnie Nathanielzs have been sports writers even before Manny Pacquiao became a boxer. And I'm not referring to them when I said that some of the writers today are only riding in Manny Pacquiao's popularity. I'm referring to the likes of D' Source , Mr. Ampong, and others...


Then why didn't you say so. You statement was an encompassing one. The mark of a true journalist is independence from partisan interest groups.
The fight was controversial and it was not exactly a decisive and convincing win for Manny. If their opinion happens to run contrary to your opinion , even the decision was not exactly a unanimous and popular one, do they not have the right to voice out their own views on the bout?

Of course they the right to voice out their views. But don't these people realized that it was a close fight and could have gone either way? The officials of the fight have rendered their decision favoring our very own fighter . And for them to oppose that and say that the opponent should have won is totally unpatriotic ...but I guess these Filipinos judases have no sense of patriotism in them so it's just a waste of time arguing with them for there is no hope at all...
[/quote]

You contradict yourself. They have the right to voice out their views but then they are unpatriotic, how can that be? So it's now okay to be untrue to your profession just to show patriotism. We pride ourselves in having a free and independent press and here you are trying to curtail their freedom of expression.
Even in your very own example, Henson and Picson were covering NBA teams, which just shows that journalism knows no borders, race or creed. Are they unpatriotic because they are covering foreign teams?
If you just care to read more, some people in this forum who have been avid fans of Manny have seen Marquez as the winner. What if these people happen to be journalists, and are tasked to write a story about the fight. Should they be untrue to themselves and their chosen career just to practice your so called PATRIOTISM?
That is not PATRIOTISM you are espousing but BIAS and PREJUDICE.In your scenario, there will be no healthy exchange of views and opinions, no pros and cons and you mistake that for PATRIOTISM..The funny thing is this doesn't even concern national issues which affect patrimony or our well being as a nation.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group