Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

maganda siguro kung dito na muna lumaban si Manny sa Pilipinas, tingnan naten maglaway yang mga yan. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm 
Heavyweight

noble_neon20 wrote:
maganda siguro kung dito na muna lumaban si Manny sa Pilipinas, tingnan naten maglaway yang mga yan. :biglaugh:

maganda sana kung sa uae.. tulad nung mga na unang plano. :( :(

"The wretch concentered all in self, Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And doubly dying shall go down, To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonor’d and unsung." -Sir Walter Scott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:42 pm 
Welterweight

natatae ako.. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

P4P Ranking is purely subjective. True that it's not only about winning, it's also based on the fighter's performance. To make it more subjective, they only rank those big stars. There are boxers who are undefeated, who perform well, and bring exciting fights. But they're nowhere in the list. It's ranking the big stars. Yahoo even considered a loss to promote a fighter. JMM is #4 on their list now. Had the judges scored it a draw, Pac would have already dropped to #4 and JMM to #3. A JMM win, maybe a 3-notch promotion to him and Pac drops to #6.

Pacquiao is indeed making boxing history. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

imo, much as you would like to discredit or undermine the pound for pound rankings, it is important for the ff reasons:

1. boxers in the top 10 pound for pound are recognized to be the best in their division with regards to their latest perfornances compared to other boxers in different division. this can be used when the fight is in the negotiation table (i have in mind mp vs pbf, IF). correct me if i'm wrong, but the one in the top usually gets the bigger share of the pie.

2. though it is an un-official, many boxing experts and fans alike believe in it. it is the current list of the best boxers, regardless of their division. don't tell me that you will consider a boxer outside the pound for pound list to be better than those in the list. are you kidding? i'd rather believe in it than most of the alphabet boxing bodies.

3. iniisip ko pa, hehehe, dagdagan nyo na lang.

mine is not an argument on who should be the top lb for lb. it is to defend the importance of the lb for lb rankings. however, in my book it should stay with mp. he is a full time boxer, whereas pbf is a part time boxer. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:10 pm 
Heavyweight

natromgon wrote:
imo, much as you would like to discredit or undermine the pound for pound rankings, it is important for the ff reasons:

1. boxers in the top 10 pound for pound are recognized to be the best in their division with regards to their latest perfornances compared to other boxers in different division. this can be used when the fight is in the negotiation table (i have in mind mp vs pbf, IF). correct me if i'm wrong, but the one in the top usually gets the bigger share of the pie.

2. though it is an un-official, many boxing experts and fans alike believe in it. it is the current list of the best boxers, regardless of their division. don't tell me that you will consider a boxer outside the pound for pound list to be better than those in the list. are you kidding? i'd rather believe in it than most of the alphabet boxing bodies.

mine is not an argument on who should be the top lb for lb. it is to defend the importance of the lb for lb rankings. however, in my book it should stay with mp. he is a full time boxer, whereas pbf is a part time boxer. 8)

full time boxer moonlighting as a congressman.. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:

Pinoys lang ba ganoon bros? Sobra na ba talaga? Kailangan na ba talaga pakialaman? (Baka hindi ko lang alam. Tingin ko kasi ibang lahi, hindi naman "nag-aapologize" na tulad niyo). If that's the case, tama na nga. Pero I think hindi din dapat i-suggest ng ibang mga Pinoy na nadaya si JMM. Lalo naman na clearly hindi robbery. You might think he won, but you are an ***** if you think he was robbed. More so if you tell the world about it. pagsasbihan mo anak mo na nagkamali. Pero hindi mo ipapahiya sa public. When you do that, may issues ka.

we are new to this borderless internet superwhighway. how we project our image here will make us or break us. dahil ba ginagawa ng iba gagawin din natin?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm 
Strawweight

mga utol... have you heared about Racial Discrimination?!.. in Sports...... yan ang isang magandang example sa lahat... ini-small nila si Manny kasi Pinoy lang eh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm 
Heavyweight

bunjoy wrote:
mga utol... have you heared about Racial Discrimination?!.. in Sports...... yan ang isang magandang example sa lahat... ini-small nila si Manny kasi Pinoy lang eh.

i've never heard or read anyone in here that said manny lost to jmm because mexicans are greater than filipinos.. :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

pacsfire wrote:
natromgon wrote:

full time boxer moonlighting as a congressman.. :D

agree bro, but at least unlike pbf 2x a year si mp kung lumaban. twice a year may inaabangan tayo na exciting na laban. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:47 pm 
Cruiserweight

bunjoy wrote:

di naman siguro bro. are you talking about the pound for pound thing? in fairness, mp is the longest reigning pound for pound. it's not about race or anything. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i think bernard hopkins lost his spot in the top 10 (can't remember his rank. #5 maybe?)
after winning against his 2nd fight with roy jones jr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

LAUGHINGMAN wrote:
i think bernard hopkins lost his spot in the top 10 (can't remember his rank. #5 maybe?)
after winning against his 2nd fight with roy jones jr

and this was with the ring rankings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:12 pm 
Heavyweight

At least I can rest assure that MP is greater than JMM when they go down in boxing history.
JMM will only be called MP's greatest rival that's all. Or boxing's greatest loser! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

Junorz wrote:
anti rabid pacquiao fans. hinde kay pacquiao mismo. the reason is obvious.

jhon515 wrote:
Junorz wrote:
Sargo wrote:
I should have rephrased. Why so anti rabid Pacquiao fans? Are you just having fun, trip lang, o seryoso ka? Para kasing tayo lang ang sobrang nagseself-police. Parang may complex. Nahihiya masyado sa ibang lahi. Kumpara mo naman behavior natin sa iba. Mexicano nagboo-boo ng anthem, nag-aapologize ba sila katulad niyo? Iyong nagbato ng bote sa Pilipinas, ang daming katulad mong nagapologize. Sila ba?

Simple lang yan pare. Basahin mo ang mga sinasabi ng mga writers, fans,etc. sa labas ng Pacland kung anong klaseng fans ang iba sa atin dito. Makikipag away at magco comment kahit saan pag may nabasang hindi pabor kay Manny. Masyadong sensitive karamihan sa atin dito. At karamihan sa mga iyon ay wala namang alam sa boxing, kay pacquiao lang namulat at kung umasta akala mo mas marunong pa. Opinion lang to.

Agree with you. Marami na akong boxing articles na nabasa na totally unrelated to Manny at all pero may mga Pinoy na ugok na tungkol kay Manny pa rin ang comment.

E ibang mga boksingero ang pinag-uusapan tapos ang comment nila para sa article e paulit-ulit na, "Pacquiao is willing to take the drug test against Floyd" na may kasamang excerpts pa. May mga nag-spam talaga sa mga kilalang boxing sites and these rabid fans wants to shove in the throat of everyone that Pacquiao is willing to take the drug test against Floyd. Pati yata article sa MMA may nabasa rin akong ganitong mga comment.

Hayaan nyo sila kung saan sila maligaya at hindi sila physically nakakasakit ng iba at hindi lumalabag sa batas. Hindi kayo dapat ang ma-guilty, mag apologize o mahiya para sa ibang mga Pilipino.

Unang una, hindi naman kayo perpekto, hindi din naman ninyo trabahong bantayan o mag pulis ng mga taga hanga ni Pacquiao. Mali ang maging mareklamo kayo kung mga taga hanga din kayo ni Pacquiao, lalo pa at alam ninyong hindi ito patungkol sa inyo. Dapat manahimik na lang kayo at huwag na lang mambatikos ng mga kababayan natin na taga hanga ni Pacquiao.

Sobra man ang kanilang katuwaan, kung legal naman, huwag nang pakialaman. Nakakahiya? kanino? sa mga banyaga at ibang lahi? Bakit? Kailan pa kayo inatasang mging tagapag tanggol ng mga hindoropot na ito? Kailan pa kayo inatasang maging konsensiya ng bayan? Ikahiya na lang ninyo ang inyong mga sarili at huwag iyong iba, I'm sure marami kayong mga dapat ikahiya sa inyong mga sariling buhay. :biglaugh:

Opinyon lang din ito...... heheheh :computer:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next