Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:29 am 
Cruiserweight

Can't believe this guy is yapping like a fool, I like him as a fighter but I just realized how badly he get beaten up. He must have some sort of brain twitching during the interview.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 am 
Heavyweight

isnt it hypocritical to bash him when he's sticking up for his countryman???

isnt that the same thing Pactards are doing?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:39 am 
Heavyweight

Like Pacquiao said--

“Magpakatotoo ka…maging Filipino ka (Be true to yourself…be a Filipino).”

Manny Pacquiao to critics: Be true, be Filipino
http://sports.inquirer.net/26305/manny- ... e-filipino

It works for Mexicans too.

coolka wrote:
Can't believe this guy is yapping like a fool, I like him as a fighter but I just realized how badly he get beaten up. He must have some sort of brain twitching during the interview.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:01 am 
Heavyweight

I agree that Jorge ARCE and Julio Caesar Chavez SR are just trying to bring honor to their country.

I also think its PATHETIC that a FILIPINO would ever use the word PACTARD to describe another Filipino.

While it is True, That Pactard was Originally intended for those who were Blind Irrational Followers of

Manny Pacquiao. But over the last three years, that word has EVOLVED into much more than that.

Due to the Rivalry between Pacquiao and Mayweather Fans, that term has now become a racially charged

label to Slam Filipinos by many African American's with an emphasis of Racial Inferiority in comparison

to the African American's who believe no way a FILIPINO can be equal or better than they are in any

sport including Boxing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:22 am 
Heavyweight

HUNA wrote:
I agree that Jorge ARCE and Julio Caesar Chavez SR are just trying to bring honor to their country.

I also think its PATHETIC that a FILIPINO would ever use the word PACTARD to describe another Filipino.

While it is True, That Pactard was Originally intended for those who were Blind Irrational Followers of

Manny Pacquiao. But over the last three years, that word has EVOLVED into much more than that.

Due to the Rivalry between Pacquiao and Mayweather Fans, that term has now become a racially charged

label to Slam Filipinos by many African American's with an emphasis of Racial Inferiority in comparison

to the African American's who believe no way a FILIPINO can be equal or better than they are in any

sport including Boxing.

It would still be OK for Filipinos Huna.

It's just Boxing, a sport but overall Filipino are better in terms of academic achievements, personality, culture and citizenry appeal to both western and most places in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:27 am 
Heavyweight

HUNA wrote:

sport including Boxing.

A Pactard is a blind loyal follower of Pacquiao, who for the most part does not follow boxing, gets super sensitive when Pac is criticized in online articles or blogs, attacks those who criticize Pacman with racist epitaphs and other insults.

There's nothing wrong with anyone using that term, if it applies to the person.

Example: Pactards are the ones who send boxing blogger Steve Kim hate mail for his articles critical of Pac

Pactards are the ones sending hate mail to Kevin Iole, Yahoo sports writer for his past criticism of Pac.

Pactards used the N-word and other racist terms to describe Mayweather and his family.

shall we go on?

If you dont do these things but still support Pac, you are not a Pactard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:04 am 
Welterweight

HUNA wrote:

sport including Boxing.

I got to agree with this.

But there's one other thing you didn't mention. People also use it if you even try to make a case for Pacquiao, stick up for Pacquiao, or stick up for anyone in Manny's camp. It's pretty funny actually. You can school them, completely prove them wrong and they will get mad and call you a pactard because you don't agree with them and they're mad.

Yes there are blind followers. But please don't act like Pac is the only one with these. Mayweather himself has a lot of nuthuggers. Flomos, floydiots, floydtards, and the newest one I've heard: blacktards.

Even Sergio Martinez fans can be insanely dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:13 am 
Heavyweight

You guys have to understand that there is a huge social class disparity in the Philippines. You have the rich and elite who feel superior, the majority who are poor, and the wannabes who are not exactly rich but feel they belong to the class. The elites are largely influenced by what is American. Many of them don't know that even American trash do the same thing, lol.

Need to understand also that Filipinos have a unique sense of humor. Some really funny that I think other cultures are missing out on. Others pretty lame which I think some "pactards" enjoy. Like trolling on the net.

Put them together and you have this dynamics.

(my trying hard take on sociology, lol)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
You guys have to understand that there is a huge social class disparity in the Philippines. You have the rich and elite who feel superior, the majority who are poor, and the wannabes who are not exactly rich but feel they belong to the class. The elites are largely influenced by what is American. Many of them don't know that even American trash do the same thing, lol.

Need to understand also that Filipinos have a unique sense of humor. Some really funny that I think other cultures are missing out on. Others pretty lame which I think some "pactards" enjoy. Like trolling on the net.

And which one you belong to?...be honest now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:49 am 
Heavyweight

It used to be "retarded Pacquiao nuthuggers" but its too logn to type so it evolved into Pactard. True story :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:30 am 
Heavyweight

BahugBahug wrote:
Sargo wrote:

Sa wannabe, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
BahugBahug wrote:
Sargo wrote:

Sa wannabe, lol.

Yayyy, same here bud !...I like to be rich (which Im not), but Im like... going around with Pac doing frolicking in sabong, poker, chicks etc and all the bisios of the rich and famous, that will be a lot of fun. Sigh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 am 
Welterweight

There is nothing wrong with backing up his fellow countryman but what he said in the interview is just plain moronic. He's basically saying the judges are favoritism towards Pacquiao and that he's saying Marquez can never win no matter what he does in the ring. He's talking about how the judges like the Pac/Marquez fight is tarnishing boxing but what he doesn't realize is his moronic and biased comments are also tarnishing and making boxers look bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:15 am 
Light Heavyweight

Ok a bashing thread gets made because a "Mexican" thought his countryman won? That is to be expected from Pactards. The ignorance from some folks here is really hilarious, I gaurantee if it were another fighter lets say Tim Bradley, this thread would be titled "Tim Bradley is just another African-American (politically correct) m0ron."

LMAO, why are so many people so sensitive about the outcome of the fight? It was a CLOSE fight! Can you really blame other people for thinking that JMM won CONSIDERING how close it was?

Sure after watching the fight multiple times I had it 115-113 for MP, but d@mn it was a close fight. The Pactards here will crucify anyone for having an opinion that doesn't suit well with their feelings towards MP, LMAO!

3 fights and all 3 were really close. I've seen threads here saying that JMM was cheating with his foot stomping, ok well the ref never caught it and MP & Roach acknowledged it and didn't b!tch about it. Overall JMM's "supposed-cheating" is NOT the determining factor of MP's performance that night.

The excuses why MP performed under par that are being brought up is only 10% (even less), the REAL reason why Pac looked horrible was because of JMM. JMM has Pac's number, and I will say that Mayweather definetely now has a better chance of defeating MP with his last showing.

This falls on deaf and ignorant ears but Pactards stop bashing on people that have their own opinions, it only makes you look stupid and emotional. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:23 am 
Light Heavyweight

IslandGrown wrote:
There is nothing wrong with backing up his fellow countryman but what he said in the interview is just plain moronic. He's basically saying the judges are favoritism towards Pacquiao and that he's saying Marquez can never win no matter what he does in the ring. He's talking about how the judges like the Pac/Marquez fight is tarnishing boxing but what he doesn't realize is his moronic and biased comments are also tarnishing and making boxers look bad.

I remember folks here saying that Castillo won against Mayweather in their first fight. Some even went to the extreme to say that the judges were crooked and favored Mayweather. I gaurantee a thread somewhere along the line would get made stating that the judges are crooked if JMM was awarded the win. It's all talk man, besides what can you expect? Jorge is Mexican and he's not the only one saying that the judges robbed JMM.