Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
that's not easy as mayweather is a good counter puncher and manny is not.

manny is more of a brawler but sad to say we're seeing less of that in his previous fights.

I just want to give my opinion on this one kuya...

Floyd looks horrible when fighting brawlers....on the other hand Manny looks superman when fighting brawlers...

Floyd looks better as a "boxer" than Manny coz he boxes on his toes well, does clinching, good defense..
Manny doesnt clinch but when fighters comes in he counters every single punch his opponents would throw at him,more impressively than how Floyd does ... Hatton, Oscar?!

Floyd is a defensive minded fighter who rely on his defense and only picks his shots....add a lil bit of clinching and thats how he beat the strict counter puncher in JMM not just by counter punching Kuya..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm 
Light Heavyweight

He has tried...he is trying to counterpunch him as well...thats why he is geting tagged...trying to counter the master counterpuncher is wrong move...if he just go out for all out aggression he will get tagged yeah but the damage he will inflict will be twice as bad....jmm cannot handle pacs punches....pac can handle jmm power...just my two cents

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 pm 
Heavyweight

lightsOUT wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
If JMM comes forward, yes.
Problem is Pac gets suckered by JMM all the time to come forward.

IF you've noticed , JMM is only better than average when coming forward. He gets hit a ton when he comes forward .
But, when he's backing up off-angle, he dishes out a lot more than getting it.

Pac I think should just box in circles against JMM.

Like the last fight where he got embarassed trying to box with Marquez? He might have landed more shots but Marquez was hitting him clean and bouncing his head back with brilliant counterpunches.

Right on the dot. Before their last fight, Pacquiao gained so much confidence with his boxing skills lauded by media as having improved by leaps and bounds. That for outboxing easily the aggressive, less scientific fighters lined up to him by Arum. There was also a large degree of respect given to Marquez going along with that confidence of beating the master counterpuncher at his own game. Pacquiao frustratingly discovered, as rounds went by, that his boxing skill level was not yet on par with his old nemesis. It was something he miscalculated, admitting he underestimated Marquez. Boxing Marquez again won't work. Pacquiao failed to impress the judges by doing the same thing to Bradley. Over the years, Pacquiao stole close rounds with his sheer aggression. Judges and fans loved him for it, i don't think he'll be able to excite the same special attention if he goes against his style one more time.

For those reasons, he can't, and will never be able to duplicate Floyd's impact in opposite style. Floyd is slick, Pac is not. Their skills operate on a different level.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:43 pm 
Welterweight

darren_simion wrote:
Cuz its not that easy. If people could actually go and copy other successful boxers' styles, they would.

i would actually agree they could simply copy but the question is how comfortable MP would be in that style its not his and its not just a couple of rounds.

No? They always make one somewhere. Isn't that how you were caught?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:54 pm 
Heavyweight

Master Slave wrote:
darren_simion wrote:
Cuz its not that easy. If people could actually go and copy other successful boxers' styles, they would.

i would actually agree they could simply copy but the question is how comfortable MP would be in that style its not his and its not just a couple of rounds.

Pacquiao should learn from history and from his own experience. Hagler gave away a couple of early rounds to Leonard by boxing him right-handed when he could have set a blistering and more violent pace he applied against Hearns at the sound of the bell. Absence of aggression works against aggressive fighters. Even when pac was connecting more, it was Marquez's cleaner shots that generated the more lasting impact. Scene-stealers in a rather boring fight. Pac was visibly uncomfortable with that technical style. Becoming tentative when circumstances didn't go as planned and expected.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:09 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Manny doesn't need to copy anybody, all he needs to do is train hard and focus for this fight just like he used to do few years ago when his ego was still small....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

Puncher-Counter puncher. Wait for Marquez to initiate the action. It's a boring style but nevertheless the safest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:18 pm 
Middleweight

mga kababayan wrote:
There's only two styles to beat JMM, one is Floyd's (which I think Manny can't imitate) and the other is an all out aggression like Juan Diaz and Katsidis did against him. If they weren't feather fisted and had strong chin like Pac's, they would've knocked JMM out.

+1
He can't copy FMJ.
Pressure marquez, do not let JMM stay on the center of the ring...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:52 pm 
Cruiserweight

Sir Benjamin wrote:
WHY NOT?

BAKA LANG MAGING BORING, BRO?

SHOULDER ROLE KE IDOL PAC?

ANO KAYA ITSURA N'YA, NO?

:roll: :twisted: :jumpballs:

comedy king!

"The universe is but one vast Symbol of God."
-Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:55 am 
Heavyweight

All Pacquiao needs to copy is himself in Round 1 of the first fight, and do it over and over again. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:03 am 
Cruiserweight

Manny will always be Manny...Even they will macth up together for 40X, the odds will always be thesame. No amount of technique Manny will take advantage of, unless he will go punching 100+ per round, his chance of winning is better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 am 
Light Heavyweight

The best technique is cockfighting. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm 
Lightweight

you mean soSOTTOhin ni manny si FMJ? :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

i noticed in their third fight, Manny was a sucker to Marquez's numerous feints. Manny braces and covers up whenever marquez fakes to throw a punch. made manny frustrated.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

Barrera performed better when he busted up Marquez's face. barrera counterpunched the counterpuncher.