Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:32 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: How To Fight Marquez!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:42 pm 
Welterweight

Phone Booth Fighting Style Will be the Answer to win marquez convincingly! The in and out style of pacman is less effective, marquez will look for the opening and counter perfectly.. The 123 combination of Pacman is already less effective, marquez will just back pedal and then counter combination perfectly then pacman will be frustrated because his powerful left straight will punch the air again and agian.. I think that the phone booth fighting style like katsidis did is the effective style to beat marquez. Paquiao can throw power shot in short distance and has a speed and stamina to sustain it in 12 rounds.. Marquez will be hard to throw counter if the fighter is too close to him..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 pm 
Cruiserweight

at this point of time....hindi na importante strategies for both fighters...masyado na nilang kilala ang isat isa....and they are both elite fighters.....the outcome of this fight will tell who among them made the most mistakes...ikanga...you blink you die...... excited na ko parehas nyo...wag sana ako atakihin bago ang laban.....:D

p.s: atakihin ng bagot yak yak yak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 pm 
Welterweight

arckey wrote:
Phone Booth Fighting Style Will be the Answer to win marquez convincingly! The in and out style of pacman is less effective, marquez will look for the opening and counter perfectly.. The 123 combination of Pacman is already less effective, marquez will just back pedal and then counter combination perfectly then pacman will be frustrated because his powerful left straight will punch the air again and agian.. I think that the phone booth fighting style like katsidis did is the effective style to beat marquez. Paquiao can throw power shot in short distance and has a speed and stamina to sustain it in 12 rounds.. Marquez will be hard to throw counter if the fighter is too close to him..

same opinion bro, just like the first encounter of marquez vs orlando salido, in my observation i think salido won that fight!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:09 am 
Heavyweight

I do agree,like Katsidis and Juan Diaz did in the first fight,attack him with no abandon so he can't think of any except to cover and to survive..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 am 
Welterweight

TS, feeling coach??

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:18 am 
Heavyweight

14brennan wrote:
TS, feeling coach??

He's just giving his own opinion,what's wrong with that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:13 am 
Featherweight

I also agree, I am hoping that Manny will truly be aggressive and not fight the same style as the last fight. No In and out but go toe-to-toe and fight inside like the classic Hagler and Hearn. Since both of them does't want the judges to play their role.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:53 am 
Welterweight

Manny KD another sparring partner-> http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/sports ... ng-partner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 pm 
Welterweight

For Pac to surely take the victory he will go for a KO but still he has the best style to beat the *** of JMM just like what he did in their last fight he busted the face of JMM in that fight.

PACMAN the "DESTROYER"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 pm 
Welterweight

The strength and conditioning coach recalled that legendary Mexican Julio Cesar Chavez Sr told him recently that Pacquiao should return to being “a street fighter and let his hands go.”

Ariza remembers Chavez Sr telling him “the problem with Manny is he thinks too much and when he does some things he gives Marquez time. But when Manny loosens up and let it go, Marquez looks lost. He didn't know what to do at times. That's Manny Pacquiao."

Chavez said, "You don't know what he's doing when he throws so many punches. You don't have time to figure and set up a counter punch because it's boom-boom-boom and its coming from everywhere."

The Mexican warrior noted when you see Pacquiao trying to do one thing, and step over here, step over there and this and that. That's not his style. His style is let your hands go and go after him."

Ariza quoted Chavez as telling him, "When Manny Pacquiao lets his hands go I don't believe there is anybody who can deal with that."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 pm 
Heavyweight

watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p1QJ0ZEpp8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:43 pm 
Heavyweight

arckey wrote:

how will manny engage JMM in phone booth combat when all this mexican fighter is doing
is back pedal all the time? i think what you're suggesting is easier said than done.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:12 pm 
Welterweight

Pacman has a quickness of a fox! He can do it if he wants.. If Maruqez back pedal he must forward as fast as he can..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:07 pm 
Featherweight

ask pbf :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:33 pm 
Lightweight

Be Humble wrote:
arckey wrote:

same opinion bro, just like the first encounter of marquez vs orlando salido, in my observation i think salido won that fight!

TS has a good point. Phone booth fighting style is accomplished by cutting off the ring. This means that Manny has to move where he anticipates JMM will move, very often it is to Manny's right. As Marquez moves to his right Manny should not follow directly but come in at an angle moving in sideways to Marquez left throwing right and and then left hooks(not left straights as he has been doing in the past). This will put JMM at a weird angle where he could not counter punch. Imagine that the ring is like a a rectangle divided into four. Manny's objective is to contain JMM's movement to one of the four squares(that is why they call it phone booth). In Pacquiao vs Marquez 3, Manny allowed Marquez to use the whole ring to his advantage. I'm sure Manny and Coach Freddie trained for this and my fearless prediction is, Manny wins by knockout in 4 rounds.