Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

first congrats to JMM for closing the epic quadrilogy with a very huge win over 8th division champ Manny Pacquiao. kudos to Pacquiao for giving Marquez a 4th chance to prove himself.

The fight itself was an epic and kudos again to Pacquiao as he took more risks in this fight and gave his best of trying to win convincingly. Marquez caught Pacquiao with a perfect right shot in the 3rd round (give credits to marquez they trained for 4 months to increase his punching power and he caught Pacquiao with a perfect shot) same with the 6th round where he once again caught Pacquiao with a right straight (no matter how many times you watch the fight you won't convince yourself it was a lucky shot). Pacquiao himself admitted that he got over confident he thought Marquez was about to get KO and then boom!.

Watching the highlights of the fight when Marquez got knockdown i knew he wasn't ready to give up its like he was stunned and hurt but not really in serious trouble. Another thing that really impressed me by Marquez is that even after he scored a huge knockdown in the 3rd he didn't rush things as he knew Pacquiao was still dangerous and one punch can immediately change the momentum of the fight.

I really don't wanna see Pacquiao ends his career with a devastating loss but it's really hard to recover with the kind of KO he suffered today. I would rather see him retire and spend more time with his family and into politics.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:01 pm 
Middleweight

Manny's chin is fading. The lack of training and too many non-boxing activities had taken it's toll. Pacquiao is not the same anymore. Once you get KTFO like that, it affects the fighters mental toughness. Look at Roy Jones, he was never the same after that KO from Tarver. If Manny wants revenge he needs to go away from politics for 5 months and prepare like hell for the last time. He trained intensely for 6 weeks compared to 4 months from Marquez.

Manny should make a 5th fight this Cinco de mayo, then retire.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:06 pm 
Lightweight

This KO loss to Marquez is hardly acceptable. How could Manny lose this way? He have fought Marquez for three times. He should know better. If this kind of loss was given by young and strong talented boxer to Manny at his age of 38-40 yo, I can accept that. But to Marquez, who is 39 yo, 6 years older than him, it's really hard to accept. The pressure to shut Marquez and to win by devastating KO are probably the reasons why Manny lost this way.