Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215 ... 271  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:43 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:44 am 
Heavyweight

Photos: Andre Berto, Shawn Porter - Face To Face at Final Presser

BROOKLYN - Former world champions Andre Berto and Shawn Porter went face-to-face Thursday two days before they enter the ring for a world title eliminator showdown that headlines SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING, presented by Premier Boxing Champions, this Saturday, April 22 from Barclays Center, the home of BROOKLYN BOXING™.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-andre ... RZIwa.dpuf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:55 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 am 
Heavyweight

Paddy Barnes, Jamie Conlan Back on June 17th in Belfast

Frank Warren is delighted to announce his return to Belfast on Saturday June 17th for another action-packed evening of Championship boxing at the Waterfront Hall, live on BoxNation via the BT Sport Package (for Sky platform customers)

The event will feature the best of Irish boxing as Olympic hero Paddy Barnes (2-0) challenges for the WBO European Flyweight crown in only his third contest. Fresh from his victory over Adrian Dimas Garzon last month, Barnes faces a major step up in class at an early stage in his career.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/paddy-barnes ... dlqA7.dpuf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 pm 
Heavyweight

De La Hoya: Chavez Fight Helps Canelo in Dealing With Golovkin

By Edward Chaykovsky

In a little over two weeks time, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) will face the biggest opponent of his career when he takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at a catch-weight of 164.5-pounds.

Canelo, who holds the WBO junior middleweight title, is heading up from 154-pounds. Chavez Jr., who fought as high as 172-pounds, is coming down from his last fighting weight of 168-pounds.

The contest takes place on Cinco De Mayo weekend, May 6th, from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. HBO Pay-Per-View will carry the event.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-c ... LaT8e.dpuf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Should Canelo win, the next possible fight is a showdown with WBC, WBA, IBF, IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) in September, during Mexican Independence Day weekend. Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, who promotes Canelo, says Chavez's biggest advantage is his physical "strength." And by facing a bigger opponent who is physically strong, De La Hoya believes Canelo will greatly benefit in preparing to face someone like Golovkin, who knocked out 23 of his last 24 opponents. "[Chavez's biggest advantage is] the strength. Golovkin is brute strength. So fights like this help Canelo,” De La Hoya told The Los Angeles Times. According to De La Hoya, the "speed" of Canelo will play a big role in the contest with Chavez Jr. - who was never considered to be a fast fighter. De La Hoya expects his fighter to use those fast hands, combined with power punching combinations, to secure the victory.   

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-c ... LaT8e.dpuf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:19 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Shakur Stevenson Looks Forward To Michael Conlan Showdown

Shakur Stevenson, Olympic silver medallist and rising star, makes his highly-anticipated debut this Saturday on the undercard of our Top Rank broadcast featuring Oscar Valdez, Gilberto Ramirez, Jessie Magdaleno.

USA’s first male Olympic boxing medallist since Andre Ward in 2004 is expected to do big things, starting with his pro debut against Edgar Brito who holds a winning (3-2) record.

The decorated amateur revealed to ES News that he’s aiming for a knockout to punctuate his pro debut and says he is in the best shape of his life: “I’m in a lot better shape than I was for the Olympics”. In the final in Rio, he was edged by talented Cuban Robeisy Ramirez.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/shakur-steve ... Xdhih.dpuf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Canelo works out for cameras, says Chavez Jr. lacks discipline

CANELO V CHAVEZ JR  20 APRIL 2017

CREDIT: HOGAN PHOTOS

Former two division world champion Canelo Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) today hosted a media workout at the House of Boxing in San Diego where he showcased strength and speed ahead of the upcoming showdown with Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. (50-2-1, 32 KOs) set for Saturday, May 6 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:17 pm 
Heavyweight

CANELO ALVAREZ, Former Two-Division World Champion:

"We have prepared very well for this fight. I feel fast and strong, and not having to drop so much weight will benefit me come fight night.

"Chavez, Jr. has gotten to this point because of his name; he lacks the discipline to be the best. He has had so many highs and lows in his career. I hope that he gets his act together and that we get the best Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. in the ring on May 6. That is going to make the fight all the more action packed inside the ring. I don't want any excuses."

Canelo vs. Chavez, Jr. is a 12-round fight presented by Golden BoyPromotions and sponsored by Tecate, BORN BOLD, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Adriana's Insurance and Interjet. Lemieux vs. Reyes is presented by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Eye of the Tiger Management, Matthysse vs. Taylor is a 10-round fight presented by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Arano Boxing and Star Boxing. Diaz, Jr. vs. Avila is presented by Golden Boy Promotions. The event will take place on Saturday, May 6 at T-Mobile Arena and will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:20 am 
Heavyweight

McGregor warns Mayweather he may pick Pacquiao, disputes $75m purse and clarifies future
MAYWEATHER V MCGREGOR  21 APRIL 2017

On the day Conor McGregor was named in Time Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential people, the UFC champion made a correction to Dana White's statement on what he could earn when facing Floyd Mayweather.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 am 
Heavyweight

McGregor is on the verge of agreeing to face Mayweather in a cross-codes boxing match, and according to White was likely to make $75 million from the contest.

'The Notorious' firmly disagreed with that figure, and took the opportunity to warn Mayweather that he could turn to Manny Pacquiao as his opponent should the ex-pound for pound king decide against signing on the dotted line.

"Happy Thursday everyone. How's that 75 milli (million) make your stomach feel? It's actually 100+ milli if we go by the non-conservative numbers the fight will actually do - and that's not including my endorsements and business ventures! 28 years of age. Fresh c**t. Doubt me now," said McGregor.

The outspoken Irishman followed up the Instagram post with another a short time later by clarifying his future. He stated: "The focus has been solely boxing lately, but make no mistakes, the kicking and grappling aspects, and everything else got to do with unlimited free fighting, is still very much present in my thoughts. Floyd may crap his jocks after all and if so I will go back to true fighting or just pick another boxer like manny or something. But whatever that's another conversation.

"Floyd may crap his jocks after all, and if so, I will go back to true fighting or just pick another boxer like Manny (Pacquiao) or something. But whatever - that's another conversation."

On his nature to coach fighters, McGregor added: "I like to build fighters and watch their progression. I have built many to this date, and all unintentionally.

One is fighting in the UFC main event this weekend (and) when my son is born, I will build him up into a multiple free fighting world champion also, just like his old man. I look forward to it."

Pacquiao has signed on to fight Jeff Horn on July 2 in Australia meaning any prospective clash would have to be put back from a proposed September date.

Hearing McGregor mentioning Pacquiao certainly won't go down well with Mayweather though, who no doubt will do all he can to make the fight a reality and secure a nine-figure check for himself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215 ... 271  Next