Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:06 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 397  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 pm 
Heavyweight

“Well, you know, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the type of tactics that he uses in the ring,” Crawford said. “But if [that’s what Rushton said], that’s his word on how his fighter fights. Of course he’s gonna back his fighter up with whatever his fighter’s doing in the ring.”

When Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) upset Manny Pacquiao last summer, two clashes of heads, each ruled accidental, opened cuts on Pacquiao’s face July 2 at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia, Horn’s hometown.

The first laceration opened along Pacquiao’s hairline in the sixth round. The second cut opened in the seventh round, over Pacquiao’s left eye.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 pm 
Heavyweight

Horn later overcame severe trouble during the ninth round and won a controversial unanimous decision (117-111, 115-113, 115-113).

The Philippines’ Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) was criticized following his surprising defeat for not retaliating when Horn repeatedly roughed him up. Crawford assured Tuesday that won’t be an issue for him if Horn begins bending boxing’s rules during their fight.

“Oh,” Crawford said, “he’ll find out come fight time.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/crawford-re ... it--128811

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Photos: Manny Pacquiao in Beast Mode, Grinds For Matthysse

The coverage of the "Fight of Champions" showdown between WBA "regular" welterweight beltholder Lucas Matthysse and challenger Manny Pacquiao is already pegged at 170 countries and is fast shaping up to become a blockbuster of an event - now dubbed as the "World Cup of Boxing." (Photos by Wendell Alinea/MP Promotions).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:41 pm 
Heavyweight

From Asia to South America, to Europe and Africa, to the Middle East, Asia Pacifica, Oceania and the Far East and the Caribbean, fans all over the world will be treated to a whole day of sports festivities on July 15 starting in the morning and throughout the afternoon.

The Pacquiao vs. Matthysse event will be beamed live at 12 noon from the Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur (around 8 PM, July 14 in the US and Mexico) via satellite.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:44 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:46 pm 
Heavyweight

With World Cup fever undeniably in the minds of many, boxing also has its version of the World Cup, with the Philippines and Argentina vying for the World Boxing Association belt in the main event.

Other championship bouts presented by Pacquiao's promotional company, MP Promotions, include the WBA world title matches between Venezuela and China, (Carlos Canizales vs. Lu Bin for the WBA light flyweight belt), as well as South Africa (Moruti Mthalane) against Pakistan (Muhammad Waseem) for the International Boxing Federation flyweight crown.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:48 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Other championship bouts presented by Pacquiao's promotional company, MP Promotions, include the WBA world title matches between Venezuela and China, (Carlos Canizales vs. Lu Bin for the WBA light flyweight belt), as well as South Africa (Moruti Mthalane) against Pakistan (Muhammad Waseem) for the International Boxing Federation flyweight crown.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:53 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 pm 
Heavyweight

In the main supporting bout, it will be Mexico against the Philippines as the WBA, through president Gilberto Mendoza Jr. and ratings chairman Jose Oliver, has just sanctioned the fight between Mexican Edivaldo Ortega (26-1-1) and Jhack Tepora (21-0, 16 KOs) of the Philippines for the WBA featherweight title.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Host Malaysia will feature its best fighters Muhammad Farkhan, Theena Thayalan and Alman Abu Baker battling fighters from Thailand and 2 Indian boxers, respectively, in the undercards stacked deep by the organizers, who are trying to impress a worldwide audience. Other countries represented in the event include Australia and Japan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:58 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:59 pm 
Heavyweight

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 397  Next