Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341 ... 347  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:15 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao looked better than he has in years in beating Matthysse. What was noticibly different about Pacquiao was his new muscular look. He appeared to have put on a lot of muscle for the Matthysse fight, and his physique looked the way it used to back during his best years of his career between 2009 and 2011. If Pacquiao can maintain the muscles he’s put on, he’ll be tough to beat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:15 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao's former promoter Bob Arum has long wanted him to face either of the two Top Rank fighters WBA lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko or WBO welterweight titlist Terence Crawford.

Lomachenko, however, is expected to fight WBO lightweight titlist Raymundo Beltran on December 1 in a unification bout. If Pacquiao would express interest to fight Lomachenko, he would have to go down to lightweight to realize the match, because the Ukraine fighter does not want to move up to the welterweight division.

Crawford would be a very dangerous opponent for Pacquiao at this later stage of his career. The 33-year-old Nebraska native is undefeated in 33 fights with 24 stoppages at a very high 73% KO rate. For the past four years, he knocked out 8 of his last 10 opponents.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:16 am 
Heavyweight

Another option would be his former sparring partner at the Wild Card Gym, former WBA and IBF light welterweight champ Amir Khan. The British fighter has been floated as possible Pacquiao foe even before the senator's title defense against Jeff Horn in Brisbane, Australia.

WBC and IBF lightweight champion Mikey Garcia is another probable choice for Pacquiao. But he has announced his intention to fight IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. in December, more than his interest in facing Pacquiao. This was right after he won the IBF version of the belt against Robert Easter by a convincing unanimous decision.

The 28-year-old Spence (24-0, 21 KOs) is another menacing opponent for the Filipino fighter and likewise WBA welterweight Super champion Keith Thurman, 29, who is undefeated in 38 fights with 22 KOs.

Heavyweight

Floyd Mayweather, after he again closed the possibility of a rematch with Pacquiao, recommended Garcia as the next adversary of his former arch rival. The undefeated former pound-for-pound king even offered to assist Pacquiao in negotiating for his next fight.

Horn congratulated the Filipino icon after his success against Matthysse. The Aussie former WBO champ then asked for a rematch with him. This was supported by former trainer Freddie Roach who suggested that Pacquiao should fight Horn again to get even with him then hang up his gloves for good.

Whoever his opponent will be, expect Pacquiao to buckle down to training to sustain his KO win momentum.

Heavyweight

The Ring pound-for-pound ratings ranked his probable opponents Lomachenko (No. 2), Crawford (No. 3), Garcia (No. 5), and Spence (No. 8).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:50 am 
Heavyweight

ALA's Jeo Santisima Wins GAB Boxer of the Month Award

By Carlos Costa
PhilBoxing.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:53 am 
Heavyweight

Promising Filipino Super Bantamweight Jeo "Santino" Santisima (16-2, 14 KO's) of the ALA Boxing Gym in Cebu won the prestigious "GAB Boxer of the Month Award" during GAB's latest Rating Committee meeting at GAB's Head Office in Makati, Metro Manila. 

The award is for "Santino's dedication to boxing and for his outstanding performance in winning the vacant WBO Oriental Jr. Featherweight Title last June 9 in the beautiful smoke-free Port City of Maasin in Southern Leyte. 

In the win, the 22 year-old Santisima showcased speed, slick moves and devastating power stopping Thai warrior Likit Chane (16-8, 10 KO's) via TKO in three rounds of rumble. 

Heavyweight

During the third round, the experienced third man Tony Pesons, had to halt actions at the 1:43 minute mark to spare the strong Thai boxer from further punishment as Santisima had already rocked him defenseless against the ropes, pouring on him high-caliber blows. 

The satisfying June victory not only earned Santisima the coveted shinning WBO Oriental belt, but propelled the Masbate-born boxer to the #15 rank in the WBO's top Jr. Featherweights in the world. 

Heavyweight

Serious and disciplined, Santisima is handled by promoter Michael P. Aldeguer, president and CEO of the prestigious ALA Boxing Group in Cebu City; and is trained by ALA experienced coaches Edito P. Villamor, Edmundo P. Villamor and "Bruce Lee" Michael B. Domingo. 

Santisima's successive exciting knockout wins over African warrior Goodluck Mrema, Indonesian Kichang Kim and Thai fighter Likit Chane has made him a favorite among boxing fans who appreciate commitment to boxing, good fighting skills and punching power. 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Because of that, the lad is perceived as a fighter of talent and future, and his ever-growing number of fans can't wait for Jeo Santisima's next fight. Hopefully soon. 

In addition to electing Jeo Santisima as its "Boxer of the Month," the Games and Amusement Board (GAB) rating committee reviewed and updated the GAB rankings for the month, and confirmed its reigning GAB Filipino National boxing champions. 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Presscon: Nietes and Team Fly to the U.S. ahead of SUPERFLY 3 Sep 8 on HBOCarlos Costa
PhilBoxing.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2018
The experienced 36 year-old Nietes (41-1-4, 23 KO's) born in the Philippine Visayas Province of Negros Occidental will face fellow Filipino, hard-swinging warrior Aston "Mighty" Palicte (24-2, 20 KO's) for the vacant WBO Super Flyweight strap; a clash that will mark the third time in history that two Filipino fighters meet in the square ring to battle a world title in pro boxing. 

During the presscon, Donnie Nietes and his coaches, Edito and Edmund, looked confident and in good spirits while facing the important task ahead of them. 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04 pm 
Heavyweight

The experienced 36 year-old Nietes (41-1-4, 23 KO's) born in the Philippine Visayas Province of Negros Occidental will face fellow Filipino, hard-swinging warrior Aston "Mighty" Palicte (24-2, 20 KO's) for the vacant WBO Super Flyweight strap; a clash that will mark the third time in history that two Filipino fighters meet in the square ring to battle a world title in pro boxing. 

During the presscon, Donnie Nietes and his coaches, Edito and Edmund, looked confident and in good spirits while facing the important task ahead of them. 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:05 pm 
Heavyweight

"We are confident because we have already spent weeks of hard training and sparring in the U.S.A. and also here and will be ready for this important fight come September 8, said Edito Villamor, head coach of the famed ALA Boxing Gym. "Plus, Donnie has the experience and the ring smarts to overcome a strong, taller opponent in Palicte." 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:05 pm 
Heavyweight

"Actually, I know Palicte," said Nietes. "He even fought and beat in boxing a cousin of mine years ago during amateur years. Palicte's home in the Province of Negros Occidental is near my own home. We come from the same part of the Philippines; and I am aware that Palicte is a very big fighter wanting to overpower me," commented Donnie Nietes, who has been a long time world champion and is the star attraction of the highly successful Philippine boxing outfit ALA Boxing Promotions. 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341 ... 347  Next