Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Anthony Davis scored 26 points and grabbed eight rebounds, and LeBron James added 12 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, leading host Los Angeles Lakers past the Miami Heat 95-80 on Friday night. Miami was led by Jimmy Butler, who put up 22 points after scoring 34 in his previous game. Heat backup point guard Goran Dragic added 19 points off the bench.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm 
Heavyweight

The Lakers have won 7 straight games, the longest active win streak in the Western Conference. The Lakers are 4-0 at home this season and haven't lost anywhere since their season opener. Miami, which won 124-108 on Thursday night at the Phoenix Suns, played on shorter rest. The Lakers had been off since Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Andrew Wiggins capped a season-best 40-point effort with a key 3-pointer with 23.5 seconds remaining in overtime Friday night as host Minnesota Timberwolves overcame a career-high 52-point performance by D'Angelo Russell to edge the Golden State Warriors 125-119. Wiggins' point total was 7 shy of his career-best and the eighth time he's topped 40. His previous high this season had been 30 in Minnesota's loss at Memphis on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:15 pm 
Heavyweight

NBA STANDINGS
EASTERN CONFERENCE
Boston Celtics 6-1
Toronto Raptors 6-2
Miami Heat 6-3
Milwaukee Bucks 6-3
Philadelphia 76ers 5-3
Indiana Pacers 5-4
Charlotte Hornets 4-4
Brooklyn Nets 4-4
Detroit Pistons 4-6
Cleveland Cavaliers 3-5
Atlanta Hawks 3-5
Orlando Magic 3-6
Chicago Bulls 3-6
Washington Wizards 2-6
New York Knicks 2-7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:17 pm 
Heavyweight

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Los Angeles Lakers 7-1
Denver Nuggets 6-2
Los Angeles Clippers 6-3
Utah Jazz 6-3
Houston Rockets 5-3
Phoenix Suns 5-3
San Antonio Spurs 5-3
Dallas Mavericks 5-3
Minnesota Timberwolves 5-3
Oklahoma City Thunder 3-5
Portland Trail Blazers 3-6
Sacramento Kings 3-6
Memphis Grizzlies 2-6
Golden State Warriors 2-7
New Orleans Pelicans 1-7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Billy Joe Saunders (28-0 13 KOs) makes his American debut and defends his WBO World Super-Middleweight title against unbeaten Argentine Marcelo Coceres (28-0-1 15 KOs), and he is joined on the card by a quartet of Eddie Hearn's talented rising US stars in Nikita Ababiy (7-0 6 KOs), Diego Pacheco (6-0 5 KOs), Reshat Mati (4-0 ) and Alexis Espino (4-0 3 KOs).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:25 pm 
Heavyweight

Filipino pride Nonito Donaire Jr. promised his two sons he would bring the Muhammad Ali trophy to them after the fight against Naoya Inoue. But things did not go his way after 12 rounds of boxing. “The Flash”, however, was eager to fulfill his promise to his children so he asked Inoue’s camp if he could borrow the trophy for a night. Donaire, through a lengthy Facebook post, revealed on Friday that his winning opponent allowed him to borrow the golden trophy as seen in a short video clip.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:29 pm 
Heavyweight

"I came to Japan to take the Muhammad Ali trophy. I promised my sons they would see it in the morning," Donaire said in the post. "And with tears in my eyes, I humbly asked Inoue to borrow it for a night, not for me but for my [world.]" According to the Filipino slugger, he wants his boys to learn from his experience on falling short and value the battles he fought. "It'll pain them to see my face. They'll kiss my wounds. They'll see a trophy we don't get to take home and understand what it means to want to train harder," Donaire said. He added he wants his children to learn the value of not giving up in a fight."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:11 am 
Heavyweight

Former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr (51-3-1 33 KOs) views Daniel Jacobs as the perfect opponent when they fight at the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona on Friday December 20. The bout has been agreed upon for the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds. This will be Chavez's second fight since losing a lopsided twelve round decision to Canelo Alvarez back in May of 2017. Jacobs (35-3 29 KOs) was last seen in action back in May, also losing a twelve round decision to Canelo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:12 am 
Heavyweight

Chavez snapped his long layoff back in August and picked up a quick first round knockout in Mexico. While almost everyone views him as a big underdog, Chavez Jr. has promised to upset the long odds. “Going against Daniel Jacobs is the perfect fight for me because there is so much on the line,” said Chavez Jr. “A victory gets me one step closer to a world championship and I’m not going to let anyone stand in my way."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 am 
Heavyweight

The Milwaukee Bucks were one of the best teams in the NBA last season and hope to continue that trend in 2019-2020. But they have one occupant on their current roster that has raised some eyebrows: Thanasis Antetokounmpo, brother to one of the NBA’s best, Giannis Antetokounmpo.Thanasis’s low output and his continued role on the Bucks‘ bench raises questions. Is he only there to appease Giannis? The answer to that is likely yes. There just isn’t much evidence that he possesses the skill set to play in the NBA. There are other end-of-bench type players who have made significantly more of an impact during their five years in the league.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:40 am 
Heavyweight

Giannis is currently in his seventh year in the NBA. He’s quickly become one of the league’s top players. Here’s what he’s achieved so far in this young but successful career (all stats are valid through games played on November 7, 2019):

473 games
19 points per game
8.4 rebounds per game
4.2 assists per game
52.3% shooting on field goals
22.1 Player Efficiency Rating
55.2 win shares

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:48 am 
Heavyweight

In 2018-2019, Giannis won what will probably be the first of many Most Valuable Player Awards. This season, he’s averaging 29 points per game, 14.3 rebounds per game, and 7.6 assists per game. He continues to expand his game and appears to only be getting better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:50 am 
Heavyweight

Speaking to LeBron James’ typical role as a facilitator on offense, one that he has held since coming into the NBA, Charles Barkley said that LeBron needs to relinquish his point guard duties if the Lakers want to speed things up. “He can’t play the point all night,” Barkley said at a media luncheon following the game. “They need to play at a much faster pace, and at his age, he can’t do that. They need to find a way to speed the tempo up and get the other guys involved.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:53 am 
Heavyweight

Barkley also said that James has only won his championships when he relinquishes playmaking abilities to other players, citing \ Dwyane Wade and Kyrie Irving as examples. While that is true, LeBron has typically played the point guard in everything but the name on his teams. Still, with LeBron James being in his 17th season in the NBA, Charles Barkley has a point that lightening his load may be the right thing to do if he wants to extend his longevity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next