Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:10 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 499, 500, 501, 502, 503
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:07 pm 
Heavyweight

Announced attendance of 11,586

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Terence Crawford vs. Shawn Porter -- Round 8: Porter landed a jab but Crawford landed a heavy left hand and they exchanged fire again. Crawford landed some heavy shots in that exchange, really clean connects there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:13 pm 
Heavyweight

CRAWFORD vs PORTER: Round 8
Left hand lead misses for Crawford. Clean right hand lands for Crawford who now wants to dig to the body. Crawford lands a few clean shots to the head during an exchange. Crawford lands a jab. Another awkward collision from the fighters who clash heads again. Right hook lands well for Porter, then another! Porter loops another right hook upstairs. Now Porter lands a clean jab upstairs. Close round that I'm going to slightly edge to Crawford.

Crawford 10-9, 76-76.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:14 pm 
Heavyweight

CRAWFORD vs PORTER: Round 9
Porter comes out looking to get a little more aggressive but Crawford beats him to the punch by getting off first. Left hook misses for Crawford. Double jab from Crawford falls short. Porter leaps in with a hook that doesn't land. Right hook from Porter just barely misses. Now Porter touches the body with his right hand. Jab lands for Porter up top. Porter comes forward and Crawford tries to meet him with punches. Counter uppercut from Crawford make partial contact. Crawford lands a body shot to end the round.

Crawford 10-9, 86-85.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:17 pm 
Heavyweight

CRAWFORD vs PORTER: Round 10
Crawford doesn't land clean with a jab but is pressing forward and lands a big counter that puts Porter down! Porter gets up and is ready to continue. Check hook lands for Crawford who wants to press the advantage. Porter ducks a big hook from Crawford. Combination from Crawford puts Porter down again! Porter gets up and says he wants to continue but Kenny Porter throws in the towel!

Crawford TKO-10.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Crawford kept the aggression and flurried before dropping Porter again. Porter pounded the canvas in frustration. Porter's father and trainer, Kenny, steps onto the canvas and calls off the fight. It's over! Official result: Terence Crawford def. Shawn Porter via TKO, Round 10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Terence Crawford finishes in style in round 10!

Big respect shown between the teams and fighters after it's over.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Porter down twice in round 10 ... and Crawford wins by TKO!
Crawford catches Porter with a left uppercut in an exchange early in the round and Porter goes down! Porter doesn’t look hurt, beating the count easily. And moments later Crawford drops Porter again with a lightning-quick combination capped by a right hook to the temple ... and Porter’s father and trainer Kenny is up on the apron and he’s stopping the fight. It’s over! Terence Crawford wins by stoppage!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:28 pm 
Heavyweight

The most devastating finisher in the sport did what he does best. Ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr makes it official, calling it at 1:21 of the 10th round. Terence Crawford improves to 38 wins in 38 fights with 29 coming inside the distance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:59 pm 
Heavyweight

The pound-for-pound king notched his career-defining victory. Terence "Bud" Crawford knocked out "Showtime" Shawn Porter in the 10th round to retain his WBO welterweight world title in front of a sold-out crowd of 11,568 at Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) made the fifth defense of the title he won in June 2018 and was presented with the stiffest test of his illustrious career. Porter (31-4-1, 17 KOs), who has fought every elite welterweight of this era, made things uncomfortable on the inside.

"(I figured him out in) Round 1," Crawford said. "I figured that I had the reach and he had to take chances, and he did what he normally does. He tried to maul and push me back, but I used my angles and I pushed him back at times as well. Shawn Porter is a slick fighter. He was doing some things in there and made me think.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Crawford, who was on the final fight of his deal with Top Rank, confirmed post-fight that his he would not be renewing his contract.

“I’m pretty sure my decision is made already,” he said.

“Bob couldn’t secure me the Spence fight when I was with him, so how is he going to secure me the Spence fight when I’m not with him? I’m moving forward with my career now.”

PBC, who Spence and fellow champion Yordenis Ugas fight under, is the likeliest option to secure the Spence fight.

A tweet from Fox Sports PBC after the Crawford-Porter showdown suggested as much, posting a graphic of Crawford and Spence fighting in a ring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 499, 500, 501, 502, 503