Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 3: Valdez starting fast again. Wide shots that are landing or at least glancing and showing up for the judges. Valdez boxing a bit more this round as it goes on, and doing it well. More good body work from Valdez. Valdez 10-9, 30-27

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 4: Servania hanging around and landing a few decent shots. He’s going forward all the time, give him that. He’s making this a fight as much as he can. Valdez can just do more. HEY! Servania clips Valdez, but Valdez stumbles and goes down and it’s ruled a knockdown. He got careless there. That may not have been any big knockdown, but it certainly inspired Servania, and he closes the round strong, too. Servania 10-8, Valdez 38-37

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 5: Valdez trying to reestablish his dominance here, but Servania is standing in the pocket with him and landing scoring shots. Servania has a LOT of confidence at this point. And then GOOM! DOWN GOES SERVANIA! He’s up but he’s hurt! Valdez coming in for the finish now! Hard shots from Valdez landing! Another big shot just as Servania gets his legs back! Crowd going nuts for their guy, Valdez. What a fun fight this one’s turning out to be, too.Valdez 10-8, 48-45

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 6: Kind of a tense fight now, both guys know the other man can do damage, both guys know it’s a fight. Valdez landing shots, Servania stalking. Servania trying to flurry, Valdez shuts it down quickly. He’s made adjustments. Valdez getting touched with shots still, though. Looping overhand right from Valdez, then Servania fires back with a good flurry to end the round!Servania 10-9, Valdez 57-55

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 7: I do think Valdez has more to his game, but what Servania does, he’s doing very well, and he’s a tough dude. Man, this is really a fun fight. Servania is doing a great job stealing these rounds late. I don’t think Valdez is dominating the early parts, but I keep shading to him until just those last 20-30 seconds of a round. That’s good work by Servania. Servania 10-9, Valdez 66-65

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 8: Valdez finally gets himself firmly back in control here, not that he didn’t have an argument especially in the last round, but I liked his work this round. Still, he’s getting touched by Servania plenty, and showing a lot of vulnerability and flaws. Which is great for a TV fight. Valdez 10-9, 76-74

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 9: Servania still aggressive in his body language, but he’s throwing less punches now and Valdez is doing solid work still, including a hard left to the body with a little over a minute remaining in the round. Valdez is stepping back and not getting caught anymore. Fatigue setting in for both. Valdez 10-9, 86-83

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 10: Valdez has settled into a groove these last few rounds and that’s continuing. He’s moving around, using angles offensively, landing shots, and has taken away Servania’s offense. Valdez 10-9, 96-92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:28 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 10: Valdez has settled into a groove these last few rounds and that’s continuing. He’s moving around, using angles offensively, landing shots, and has taken away Servania’s offense. Valdez 10-9, 96-92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 11: Valdez still in control. This is still OK to watch, but Valdez has pulled away, and Servania’s toughness means we’re probably going the distance even though the fight has become less and less competitive, and even though Valdez can bang. But there was more here than you might have expected. Valdez 10-9, 106-101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 12: Servania looking to do something dramatic this round, knowing he needs it. Gotta love that. Fun final round as both guys slug away, Servania hunting for the big blow but not quite finding it, though he’s doing good work, and Valdez picking his shots a bit more carefully. Both just wing both hands at each other in the final few seconds. Fun stuff. Servania 10-9, 115-111

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Oscar Valdez def. Genesis Servania by unanimous decision (116-110, 119-111, 117-109)

Zurdo Ramirez def. Jesse Hart by unanimous decision (114-113, 115-112, 115-112)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:21 am 
Heavyweight

Nonito Donaire (37-4-0, 24 KOs) will return to the action against Ruben Garcia Hernandez (22-2-1, 9 KOs) for the WBC Silver featherweight title on Saturday, September 23  at the Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas and promoted by Ringstar Sports. The fight is at the undercard of cruiserweight world titlist Yunier Dorticos (21-0, 20 KOs) versus "The Russian Hammer" Dmitry Kudryashov (21-1, 21 KOs). Donaire fights for the first time after his unanimous decision loss to Jessie Magdaleno.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:39 am 
Heavyweight

During his last appearance at San Antonio in 2012, Donaire and his opponent Wilfredo Vazquez entangled into a pre-fight brawl during the final news conference. He removed Donaire’s hat and threw it to the ground which resulted to a shoving clash. “That’s the only scuffle I’ve ever had at a press conference, so it was pretty memorable,” said Donaire, who went on to win by a split-decision at the Alamodome. Five years later, Donaire is back to San Antonio to fight Garcia Hernandez.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am 
Heavyweight

After winning the decision against Vazquez, Donaire stood in the middle of the ring with his arm raised victorious, but his hand wrap was soaked with blood resulting from a cut inflected during the scuffle. Since defeating Vazquez, Donaire went 9-3 in his fights with losses to Guillermo Rigondeaux, Nicholas Walters and Jessie Magdaleno in world title fights.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271  Next