Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398 ... 415  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Winner by TKO in the 12th round and still WBO WORLD CHAMPION!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:21 pm 
Heavyweight

A big right hand uppercut of Crawford sends Jose Benavidez to the canvas. The TKO is at 2:42 of round 12.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:27 pm 
Heavyweight

"I want them all," says Crawford referring to all welterweight champs to unify the division.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:57 pm 
Featherweight

Bring on CRAWFORD vs. SPENCE!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:01 pm 
Heavyweight

Crawford Breaks Down, Drops, Knocks Out Benavidez in Twelfth

By Keith Idec

OMAHA, Nebraska – Terence Crawford’s second welterweight fight wasn’t quite as easy as his 147-pound debut, particularly early.

Once Crawford warmed up, though, the unbeaten WBO champion comfortably controlled Jose Benavidez Jr., battered Benavidez’s body, picked apart his bigger, younger challenger and finished him in the 12th and final round. Crawford’s crushing right uppercut finally floored the previously unbeaten Benavidez with just under 50 seconds to go in their fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/crawford-kn ... ts--132735

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:03 pm 
Heavyweight

simimik wrote:

he also wants thurman and porter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:33 pm 
Heavyweight

SPORTS TRIVIA 8: STATS WHEN CRAWFORD STOPS BENAVIDEZ 

By Maloney L. Samaco
PhilBoxing.com
15 Oct 2018

With just 18 second left in the 12-round WBO world welterweight championship, Terence Crawford unleashed a destructive barrage of punches to put an end to Jose Benavidez Jr., just seconds after knocking down his previously undefeated opponent with a crushing right uppercut. Referee Celestino Ruiz then stepped in to stop the bout at 2:42 of the 12th round. 

Crawford was ahead 110-99, 107-102, and 108-101 at the time he stopped Benavidez with 18 seconds remaining in the fight. Judge Levi Martinez scored all 11 rounds for Crawford (110-99). Judge Glenn Feldman’s card (107-102) had Benavidez winning three rounds. According to judge Robert Hecko (108-101) Benavidez won two of the 11 rounds. 

Crawford improved to 12-0 in world title fights. "Bud" showed more of his dominance after round six where he had a 103-33 edge in punches landed in rounds 7 thru 12. Round 12 was just amazing for the three-division champ as he connected 17 of 35 power shots. Crawford connected 70 body shots out of his 186 landed punches for 38%. 

Benavidez landed 8 punches per round. Crawford's previous 10 opponents landed 7 per round. But in the 12th round, Benavidez only landed 4 punches. 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:47 pm 
Heavyweight

This Bud's For You, Crawford's Stock Continues To Rise

By Tris Dixon

In the end it was a story of two right hands, one that missed and one that did not.

Terence Crawford was making the initial defence of his WBO welterweight title and for the first time in four fights he was back home in Omaha, Nebraska.

His challenger, the once-highly regarded prospect Jose Benavidez, 27-0 going into the weekend, cut a stubborn figure all week, obstinately standing firm and defiantly not accepting a walk-on part of The Crawford Show.

https://www.boxingscene.com/this-buds-y ... se--132763

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 pm 
Heavyweight

boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
simimik wrote:

he also wants thurman and porter

He doesn't want pacman nomo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:09 am 
Heavyweight

Superstar and reigning WBA “regular” welterweight champ Manny Pacquiao has reportedly done a deal with the powerful Al Haymon and it seems Pac Man will fight one of Haymon’s name fighters next. According to a news piece from The Philippine Star, the soon-to-be-40-year-old living legend will fight a “tune-up” type fight in Las Vegas on January 19, as he “warms up” for that oft-talked about big-money return with Floyd Mayweather Junior.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 am 
Heavyweight

Whoever Pacquiao fights next, be it Berto or be it Broner, it would be good to see the superstar back in the US. Pacquiao, 60-7-2(39) has not fought on American spoil since November of 2016 when he won a wide decision over Jessie Vargas.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:44 pm 
Heavyweight

It’s the prospect of unifying the world bantamweight championship that’s fueling Nonito Donaire’s mission to top the World Boxing Super Series and the first step is to dethrone WBA titlist Ryan Burnett at the 13,000-seat SSE Hyrdo in Glasgow, Scotland, on Nov. 3. If Donaire wins, he’ll advance to face WBO ruler Zolani Tete of South Africa and if he prevails again, the end of it all would be to fight for the IBF, WBA, WBO unified crown. The WBC is not participating in the series as its 118-pound throne is vacant. 

Donaire, who turns 36 on Nov. 16, will leave his base camp in Las Vegas on Oct. 24 for Glasgow. He will be accompanied by his wife Rachel, trainer Brandon Woods and other key members of his team. The word from Las Vegas is Donaire’s training at the Bones Adams Gym has been on point. “It’s been amazing,” said Rachel. “Jun (Donaire) sparred 12 rounds last Monday.” 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Arum: Golovkin is Best Middleweight, He Clearly Beat Canelo!

By Ryan Burton

LAS VEGAS - The stakes could be very high for Ryota Murata (14-1) on Saturday night at The Park on the Las Vegas strip.

The fight will stream live on the ESPN+ app as part of ESPN's long term exclusive agreement with Top Rank Inc. to provide boxing content for both the ESPN network and their streaming service.

In addition to retaining his WBA middleweight title with a victory over mandatory challenger Rob Brant (23-1), a showdown against former unified middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin could be next for the 2012 Olympic medalist.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-golovk ... lo--132858

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao Says Broner Fight is "90%" Likely To Push Through

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Manny Pacquiao said a January fight in the United States with Adrien Broner is almost certain, but he dodged the mounting speculation of a possible rematch with rival Floyd Mayweather.

Pacquiao, 39, pumped new life into his storied but slowing boxing career in July when he delivered his first knockout in nine years in a bout against Lucas Matthysse of Argentina.

Since then Pacquiao has defied calls to retire and promised to fight again, which has prompted unclear reports about a range of possible contenders.

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-sa ... gh--132864

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:48 pm 
Heavyweight

Canelo: Fielding Will Be Bigger, Stronger Than Me - This is a Risk

Unified middleweight world champion Canelo Alvarez is looking ahead to bigger things after he agreed to a five-year, 11-fight deal with streaming service DAZN, that will pay the boxer at least $365 million — the highest-paying athlete contract in history.

Alvarez’s first fight under the contract will coincide with his move to super middleweight. He will meet WBA "regular" world champ Rocky Fielding on Dec. 15 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

In the post-Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao era, Alvarez emerged as boxing’s biggest star on the pay-per-view fight circuit. HBO and Showtime typically charged $80 per fight, but on DAZN, his two fights per year will be available to those who pay $9.99 per month for the streaming service.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-fiel ... sk--132865

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398 ... 415  Next