Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400 ... 415  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Thompson Boxing’s “Path to Glory” 8-round main event features unbeaten bantamweight prospect Saul Sanchez (10-0, 6 KOs) of Los Angeles making his main attraction debut against Fernando Saavedra (7-5, 3 KOs) of Mexico.

Sanchez, trained by Joel Diaz and managed by Steve Martini, weighed in at 117.8 lbs. at Thursday’s weigh in, while Saavedra measured 118 lbs.

“I’m ready to go to work on Friday night,” Sanchez said after weighing in. “It’s my first main event and I want to put on a great show for the fans.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 am 
Heavyweight

Adrien Broner to Pacquiao: ‘Come get what you looking for’

Manny Pacquiao has handpicked Ohio-raised boxer Adrien Broner as his next opponent.

Broner, winner of world titles in 4 weight classes, sounds stoked about rumbling with the Filipino reigning world welterweight champion.

"Come get what you looking for," he wrote in an Instagram post on Thursday.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/10/19/1 ... ooking-for

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Photos: Rob Brant Upsets The Odds, Stuns Ryota Murata

Rob Brant came into the ring a heavy underdog. He left it a champion. Brant, from St. Paul, Minn., toppled Ryota Murata by unanimous decision to win the WBA middleweight title in front of 2,782 fans at the MGM’s Park Theater in Las Vegas. (photos by Mikey Williams)

Brant threw an astounding 1,262 punches, landing 356. Murata, meanwhile, landed 180 of 774 punches.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:48 pm 
Heavyweight

https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-rob- ... ta--132974

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:25 pm 
Heavyweight

Photos: Michael Conlan, Vladimir Nikitin Get Las Vegas Wins

Michael “Mick” Conlan’s Las Vegas debut went according to plan. The two-time Olympian from Belfast, Ireland, broke down Nicola Cipolletta and knocked him out with an accumulation of blows in the seventh round. (photos by Mikey Williams)

Conlan (9-0, 6 KOs) pushed the pace against the defensive-minded Cipolletta (14-7-2, 4 KOs), who was making his American debut. Cipolletta, who was content to back up for much of the fight, succumbed from Conlan's vicious body attach.

Conlan is scheduled to close out his 2018 campaign on Dec. 22 in Manchester, England.

https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-mich ... ns--132976

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:26 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:28 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao-Broner Likely For January 19 in Las Vegas; Fox, Showtime In Play By Jake Donovan

While the bout itself has yet to be formally announced, it’s entirely possible that by as early as Tuesday the heavily rumored showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner could very well have a fight date, location and televised platform.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will meet on Tuesday, October 23 for its monthly agenda hearing, which covers reviews of past events and approvals for requested future business conducted in the state. Among the budget items is a list of three requested fight dates for TGB Promotions, with plans to stage events on January 19, February 16 and March 9 all at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

https://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines ... e-in-play/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:28 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Video: Crawford's Coach Reacts To Pacquiao's 'Scared' Claim

Video by Ryan Burton

Japan's Ryota Murata failed to defend his WBA middleweight world title on Saturday, losing to mandatory challenger Rob Brant of the United States by unanimous decision.

https://www.boxingscene.com/video-crawf ... im--132984

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:33 pm 
Heavyweight

Video: Arum Reacts To Murata's Big Loss, Pacquiao-Haymon Pact

Video by Ryan Burton

Japan's Ryota Murata failed to defend his WBA middleweight world title on Saturday, losing to mandatory challenger Rob Brant of the United States by unanimous decision.

https://www.boxingscene.com/video-arum- ... ct--132985

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:35 am 
Heavyweight

Scott Quigg KOs Briones in Two, First Fight Since Valdez Loss

By Keith Idec

Scott Quigg made a quick, impressive return Saturday night from his second professional defeat.

The former WBA super bantamweight champ stopped Mario Briones in the second round of a scheduled eight-round, 130-pound bout on the Demetrius Andrade-Walter Kautondokwa undercard at TD Garden in Boston.

England’s Quigg (35-2-2, 26 KOs) fought for the first time since suffering a broken nose during a brutal back-and-forth fight with WBO featherweight champ Oscar Valdez seven months ago. Valdez defeated Quigg by unanimous decision in that 12-round, 126-pound championship match March 10 in Carson, California.

https://www.boxingscene.com/scott-quigg ... ss--132961

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:36 am 
Heavyweight

Hughie Fury: I'd Take April Date With Joshua in a Heartbeat

By Nick Parkinson, courtesy of The Daily Star

HUGHIE FURY says Anthony Joshua looks “vulnerable” and hopes to challenge the world heavyweight champion next year.  

British champ Fury faces local hero Kubrat Pulev in Bulgaria on Saturday in a final eliminator for the IBF belt, one of the three titles held by Joshua.

Fury, 24, was not impressed by Joshua’s knockout win over Alexander Povetkin last month and is hoping victory over Pulev earns him a call-up to be his English rival’s next opponent at Wembley Stadium on April 13.

https://www.boxingscene.com/hughie-fury ... at--132982

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Five Passing of the Torch Fights That Need to Happen

By Paul Magno on October 24, 2018
Boxing tradition dictates that older fighters pass the proverbial torch to younger fighters, who then eventually pass it to the next generation. This passing of the torch usually takes the form of a decisive, and often brutal, beating.

These days, however, many of the sport’s biggest stars have the influence and career control to avoid these violent changing of the guard moments and, as a result, younger fighters are forced to build their stars without piggybacking on the fame of more established stars.

But for boxing to be truly healthy, older stars need to be fed to younger stars. Here are five Passing of the Torch fights that need to happen now.

http://www.boxing.com/five_passing_of_t ... appen.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Chris Algieri To Return To The Ring On November 30th

By: Sean Crose

“The prodigal son will return home for the first time in over 4 years as former World Champion Chris Algieri returns to The Paramount on November 30th, making his long-awaited comeback at the venue where it all started.” With those words, Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing announced the return of Chris Algieri, who once held the WBO junior welterweight title before moving on to fight such top names as Manny Pacquiao, Amir Khan, and Errol Spence. New York’s Algieri lost those major fights (which all occurred after he rose up to welterweight), then stayed out of the ring for two and a half years.

https://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines ... mber-30th/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:30 pm 
Heavyweight

SPORTS TRIVIA 12: FORMER PACQUIAO FOE CHRIS ALGIERI TO RETURN ON NOVEMBER 30

By Maloney L. Samaco
PhilBoxing.com

Fri, 26 Oct 2018 Former WBO world super lightweight champion Chris Algieri will return to the ring on November 30, making his first fight at the Paramount Theatre in Huntington, Long Island, New York since he hugged the national limelight in 2014. The opponent will be announced later this week. Algieri starred on an ala "Rocky" fight on June 14, 2014 at the Barclay's Center, Brooklyn, against the much favored Ruslan Provodnikov. Algieri was floored twice in the first round. With one eye practically closed and swelling, the never-say-die Algieri fought gallantly using his strong jabs to push the champ back and operated his punches at a distance, defending against the Russian's strong hooks. The bout went the full 12 rounds and Algieri won via split decision to become the new WBO super lightweight champion. 

The win made Algieri an overnight international sensation He was offered a multi-million dollar title fight with pound-for-pound superstar Manny Pacquaio. The Pacquiao-Algieri bout was held at the Cotai Arena around the world in Macao, China. Algieri was a big underdog, and Pacquiao knocked Algieri down six times and made him tumble. Pacquiao won a one-sided unanimous decision, with scores of 119–103, 119–103, and 120–102. Algieri's undefeated record then was blemished. Later he lost to Amir Khan by unanimous decision and also lost to Errol Spence, Jr. by a 5th round TKO. Algieri presently has 21 wins, 8 wins by KO with 3 losses.

http://m.philboxing.com/news/story-140222.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400 ... 415  Next