Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:41 am 
Heavyweight

Jack Tepora showed he has a huge potential to become a world champion someday when he knocked out Lusanda Komanisi in two rounds at the Orient Theatre in East London, South Africa. Tepora (21-0, 16 KOs) from Cebu City stopped Komanisi (21-4, 18 KOs) and ending his 9-fight winning streak. Tepora landed a right hook on the South African and sent him to the canvas never able to get up as the referee counted him out. .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:42 am 
Heavyweight

Jack Tepora scores crushing one-punch KO of Lusanda Komanisi in South Africa. Jack Tepora sends the hometown fighter crashing to the canvas for a second round knockout win in East London, South Africa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:43 am 
Heavyweight

Jack Tepora made a statement in his first international fight as a pro, knocking out Lusanda Komanisi in two rounds at the Orient Theatre in East London, South Africa on Friday, September 22 (Saturday Manila time).

Tepora (21-0, 16 knockouts) had shown talent and ability since turning pro 5 years ago but had been matched lightly at home. The 24-year-old from Cebu City showed he was a prospect to be taken seriously after putting Komanisi (21-4, 18 KOs) out and ending his 9-fight winning streak.

The knockout came as the southpaw Tepora landed a right hook behind the ear of Komanisi, sending the local fighter crashing onto his back. The referee stopped the fight as Komanisi fell after attempting to stand up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:43 am 
Heavyweight

Tepora believes that he’s ready for the bigger fish at featherweight, with his sights locked in at WBO featherweight king Oscar Valdez.

“I’m always ready. I don’t get ready, I stay ready. My manager and my coaches will decide on who I fight. I’ll fight anyone they place in front of me especially Oscar Valdez,” he said.

Valdez successfully defended his belt yesterday against Filipino Genesis Servania by unanimous decision yesterday in Tucson, Arizona.

Omega Pro Sports International president Pio Paulo Castillo is confident that Tepora is ready for a world title.

“We dont know yet what’s next because we wanna enjoy and savor this victory. We would want to sit down with him for his next direction because we always involve the fighters in our directions and deciding which one to take. At the end of the day, it is their career. As for me, i would like him to fight for the world title.” 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:44 am 
Heavyweight

Omega Pro Sports International president Pio Paulo Castillo thinks Tepora is ready for a world title. He said his camp does not know yet what’s next for their fighter because they want to enjoy and savor first the sweet victory. They would want to sit down with Tepora for his next fight because they would always involve their fighters in charting their directions and in deciding which one to take. "At the end of the day, it is their career. As for me, i would like him to fight for the world title,” said Castillo.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:35 am 
Heavyweight

Servania is ranked No. 4 WBO featherweight contender, but he has not fought a big name opponent prior to earning the title shot. It was his first bout in the United States and fought for the first time outside of the Asian continent. His first showdown atop an American ring was memorable from start to finish.

The 12th round has more exchange of flurries because Servania tried his best to salvage a knockout having known he was behind in points. Valdez answered with power punches, both fighters absorbed the hardest blows. “I let the crowd sometimes get to me,” Valdez said. “I wanna show my crowd a good fight. I got a little too careless and I got hit. This is boxing. But I learned a lot from this fight, definitely.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:37 am 
Heavyweight

Servania dropped Valdez in round 4 with a straight right hand and as the world champion went back on his feet he was in serious trouble as the challenger accelerared his offensive until the end of the round. But Valdez turned the tide as he knocked Servania down in the fifth and rallied to victory. Servania, a former boxer from the ALA Gym and now fighting out of Kanazawa, Japan, fought without his trainer Mark Gil Melligen in his corner because Melligen was not able to travel to the USA due to visa problems.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:38 am 
Heavyweight

"I never thought I was gonna be on the canvas like that,” Valdez told ESPN in an interview. “But this is boxing. This is what it is. To be completely honest, I wasn’t really hurt. I was really surprised. I was like, ‘OK, I’m on the floor. But now, nothing happened. I’m gonna get up and I’m gonna do my work.’ ”

Servania was a virtual unknown in the United States, had unproven opposition, and was untested at the championship level, but the Bacolod City native more than proved himself as a real threat to the crown of the more experienced world champion. Valdez had even more difficult times in the early rounds in his tussle with Servania than when he defended his belt against Miguel Marriaga of Colombia on April 22 in Carson, California. Valdez knocked down Marriaga (25-3, 21 KOs) in the 10th round of their encounter and won by an easier unanimous decision at 119-108, 118-109, 116-111.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 am 
Heavyweight

Nonito Donaire Dominates Ruben Hernandez, Wins WBC Silver

Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas - Returning for the first time since last November's decision loss to Jessie Magdaleno, four division world champion Nonito Donaire returned to the ring and won a one-sided ten round unanimous decision over Ruben Garcia Hernandez (22-3-1).

Donaire (38-4, 24 KOs) secured the win with scores of 100-90, 97-93, 99-91 to earn the WBC silver featherweight title.

The contest is the first for Donaire with new promoter Richard Schaefer of Ringstar Sports. The veteran boxer parted ways with longtime promoter Top Rank and now wants to focus on winning another world title.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 am 
Heavyweight

"I boxed very well, which is something I haven't done in a long time. I moved my legs well and maintained it throughout the whole fight.

"I've always been an aggressive boxer but this time i used my jab and combinations. I had the urge to just brawl and I felt like I hurt him. But ultimately I did a great job showing versatility in my game.

"I'll go look at this fight and see what I should have done to improve. It's great to get the victory and get a great learning experience under my belt.

"It's a great pleasure to be part of the Ringstar Sports family. I'm grateful for this opportunity and I know there is more to come. I'm going to get back in there and keep showing what I can do."

RUBEN GARCIA HERNANDEZ

"Nonito was very smooth and moved around well. I couldn't get to him because of that. He adjusted to everything I did. It was a fair decision at the end of the night.

"I thought he was going to come to brawl but he changed the strategy on me. I thought I fought hard and I'm going to work hard to get back in the ring."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 am 
Heavyweight

It was Donaire's first fight since losing his WBO junior featherweight title last November to Jessie Magdaleno, "I'll go look at this fight and see what I should have done to improve. It's great to get the victory and get a great learning experience under my belt.

"It's a great pleasure to be part of the Ringstar Sports family. I'm grateful for this opportunity and I know there is more to come. I'm going to get back in there and keep showing what I can do."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Jack Tepora is setting his sights on the division giant none other than WBO featherweight champion Oscar Valdez who recently defended his title against previously unbeaten Genesis Servania.
“I’m always ready. I don’t get ready, I stay ready. My manager and my coaches will decide on who I fight. I’ll fight anyone they place in front of me especially Oscar Valdez,” Tepora was quoted by SunStar Cebu.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Omega Pro Sports International president Pio Paulo Castillo thinks Tepora is ready for a world title. He said his camp does not know yet what’s next for their fighter because they want to savor first the sweet victory. They would want to sit down with Tepora for his next fight because they would always involve their fighters in charting their directions and in deciding which one to take. "At the end of the day, it is their career. As for me, i would like him to fight for the world title,” said Castillo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 am 
Heavyweight

Top Rank finally announced the widely anticipated clash that will feature two Olympic double champions. Lomachenko won Olympic gold medal for Ukraine in Beijing in 2008 and London in 2012, while Rigondeaux was Olympic gold medalist for Cuba in Sydney in 2000 and Athens in 2004. "The confirmation of the fight is great news," Diaz said. "Two double Olympic champions face to face is incredible. It will be a historic fight."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:25 am 
Heavyweight

Lomachenko is seen by many experts as the favorite in the match but Rigondeaux's trainer Pedro Diaz was not at all worried. "Rigo has nothing to prove, he has accomplished more than Lomachenko," Diaz told ESPN Deportes. "This will be Lomachenko's great opportunity to prove his true worth." Lomachenko is No. 4 pound-for-pound fighter by The Ring while Rigondeaux is listed at No. 5.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271  Next