Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:09 pm 
Heavyweight

calltek wrote:
ngayon lang ako nakabalik ng pacland. grabe itong bata na 'to ang sipag pa rin mag post! :lol:

Thank you boss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:41 am 
Heavyweight

Compubox Punchstats
Total Punches
Fury   150 of 385 (39%)
Wilder  72 of 355 (20.3%)

Jabs
Fury  36 of 117 (30.8%)
Wilder  9 of 102 (8.8%)

Power Punches
Fury  114 of 268 (42. 5%)
Wilder  63 of 253 (24.9%)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 am 
Heavyweight

Main Card (DAZN, 7:30 pm ET)
Mikey Garcia (40-1, 30 KO) vs Sandor Martin (38-2, 13 KO), welterweights, 10 rounds
Marc Castro (3-0, 3 KO) vs Angel Luna (14-7-1, 7 KO), junior lightweights, 6 rounds
Elwin Soto (19-1, 13 KO) vs Jonathan Gonzalez (24-3-1, 14 KO), junior flyweights, 12 rounds, for Soto’s WBO title
Jesse Rodriguez (13-0, 9 KO) vs Alejandro Burgos (18-4-1, 15 KO), flyweights, 10 rounds
Brock Jarvis (19-0, 17 KO) vs Alejandro Frias (13-4-2, 6 KO), lightweights, 10 rounds

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:28 am 
Heavyweight

Results
Marc Castro TKO-1 Angel Luna (2:41)
Jonathan Gonzalez SD-12 Elwin Soto (112-116, 116-112, 116-112)
Jesse Rodriguez TKO-4 Alejandro Burgos (1:23)
Brock Jarvis TKO-5 Alejandro Frias (2:04)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:29 am 
Heavyweight

Mikey Garcia returns to action tonight in a welterweight main event on DAZN, facing Sandor Martin in a 10-round matchup. Bad Left Hook will be here for live coverage of the main card starting at 7:30 pm ET.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:30 am 
Heavyweight

The 33-year-old Garcia hasn’t fought since Feb. 2020, as he was in the ring just before the pandemic shut the sport down for a bit. He negotiated to fight Manny Pacquiao this year, but didn’t get the bout, and is now taking what is realistically a large step back against a European-level fighter. But a win will put Garcia in the conversation for a title fight at 147, too, whether anyone likes that or not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:32 am 
Heavyweight

Devin Haney and Joseph Diaz Jr have been Tweeting back-and-forth, but no fight has been made just yet, with Diaz now not fighting Ryan Garcia on Nov. 27 due to Garcia suffering a hand injury.

Haney will reportedly be back in early December. Previous reports said Dec. 3 or Dec. 10, which are Friday nights, and promoter Eddie Hearn said tonight that Dec. 4 in Las Vegas is on the table to face Diaz, which is what Haney (26-0, 15 KO) says he wants.

“I feel like that’s the fight to make. He’s my mandatory, he doesn’t have an opponent, I don’t have an opponent,” he said. “It all aligns. We sent him an offer today, so we’ll see what it happens.”

It has to be noted that Diaz (32-1-1, 15 KO) isn’t actually officially the mandatory challenger at the moment, though the WBC could formally order that.

“No one’s calling the name of Devin Haney. Do you believe you can beat him? If so, get in the ring with him,” Hearn added. “You’ve got a truckload of money (being offered), you’ve got no fight scheduled, you’ve got a chance to win the WBC world lightweight championship. This is the best lightweight in the world, unquestionably.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:24 am 
Heavyweight

GARCIA vs MARTIN: Round 1
They spend the first half of the round staring at one another, basically. Very slow opening round, but Garcia opens up a bit in the final minute. Martin biting on a lot of feints.

Garcia 10-9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:25 am 
Heavyweight

GARCIA vs MARTIN: Round 2
And the lights go out in Fresno! But they're quickly back on. I liked how casually the two of them backed away from one another as the lights dimmed out. Real pros.

Martin catches Garcia coming in after a right hand from Garcia. Martin does have some hand speed, he's flashed it in spots. Few spots. Lots of posturing. 1-2 from Garcia. Martin jabbing, not really landing. 1-2 from Martin, didn't really land clean and Mikey just starts moving back toward him. Martin with a little shot to the body.

Garcia 10-9, 20-18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:25 am 
Heavyweight

GARCIA vs MARTIN: Round 3
Martin's not giving himself a great chance to win here, honestly. He's very much a Road Fighter here, very much the B-side. He's not doing a lot, but he's making some arguments round to round. But in his spot you really gotta do more than "make some arguments" usually. Garcia gets Martin to the ropes and lands a good shot late in the round, but Martin clips him with a nice hook. Body shot from Martin.

Martin 10-9, Garcia 29-28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:26 am 
Heavyweight

GARCIA vs MARTIN: Round 4
Good little lead left from Martin. Garcia hasn't really opened up much at all, but he's been on the front foot. And again, he's the A-side. By a lot. And it's boxing. Clipping left to the body from the southpaw Martin. Garcia is not jabbing his way in nearly as much as he'd probably like to do. Garcia not cutting off the ring, either. Following a lot. Body shot from Garcia, Martin gets away quickly and forces a reset. Still a lot of posturing, not a lot of clean punching.

Martin 10-9, 38-38

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:27 am 
Heavyweight

GARCIA vs MARTIN: Round 5
A little blood on the bridge of Garcia's nose, it seems. Still having trouble getting Martin where he wants AND actually landing punches before Martin escapes, or holds and turns out. This is a 10-round fight. Hey, there's a good clipping hook from Garcia after a shot to the body. Garcia finally roughing him up in the corner now, leaning on Martin, getting rugged a bit. Not amazing, but it's scoring stuff and clear advantage.

Garcia 10-9, 48-47

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:27 am 
Heavyweight

GARCIA vs MARTIN: Round 6
Martin having a nice round again here, more accurate, still a tough spot to get official rounds on official cards from official judges. 1-2 from Garcia about halfway in. Garcia having moments but Martin is landing these little check hooks, not letting Mikey come in like he really wants. No real combination work from Garcia. Martin gets the better of a little exchange. Another "close" round.

Martin 10-9, 57-57

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:28 am 
Heavyweight

GARCIA vs MARTIN: Round 7
Garcia still can't really figure out how to effectively work. Martin isn't doing so much, but he's picking Mikey off, keeping him from landing clean, keeping him frozen up a bit and unable to build momentum. Straight left from Martin. Right hook clips Garcia again. Martin is flustering Garcia so much. And yet again, it's boxing, so my gut tells me Garcia is up on the cards.

Martin 10-9, 67-66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:28 am 
Heavyweight

GARCIA vs MARTIN: Round 8
Garcia stumbles a bit, feet were tied up but Martin did land. Garcia is just not fighting well and Martin is fighting just well enough. Garcia trying to turn it up, misses like four punches and then Martin moves away again. Martin lands a clean left late, and then lands another shot and ties Mikey up. Totally against Mikey's corner telling him to close rounds strong.

Martin 10-9, 77-75

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499  Next