Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 482  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Photos: Samuel Clarkson Putting in Work For Dmitry Bivol Clash

NEW YORK – Undefeated former Russian amateur standout Dmitry Bivol will defend his Interim WBA Light Heavyweight Title against Samuel Clarkson in the 12-round main event of ShoBox: The New Generation on Friday, April 14 live on SHOWTIME (10 p.m. ET/PT) at MGM National Harbor in National Harbor, Md., just outside of Washington, D.C.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-samue ... yDcQa.dpuf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Parker-Fury Will Still Go Ahead Despite Visa Issue, Says Duco

The Director of Duco Events, David Higgins, has been left lamenting a double blow to the lead up to the Joseph Parker vs. Hughie Fury fight taking place in Auckland on May 6.

Hughie Fury's father and trainer, Peter Fury, had his visa denied by New Zealand immigration on Wednesday morning due to a chequered past which saw him spend time in jail in the mid-nineties.

Higgins said it was a disappointment.

"We heard the news this morning, we're a little disappointed of course but the fight's going to go ahead as planned on May 6, Parker-Fury," Higgins told Newshub.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/parker-fury- ... WUNXW.dpuf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:54 pm 
Heavyweight

Martin Ward Vows To Smash Maxi Hughes in Trilogy Clash

Martin J Ward wants to wrap up the Lord Lonsdale belt for keeps before moving onto bigger honours – and meets Maxi Hughes for the third time as he starts that journey on Saturday night at the Manchester Arena, live on Sky Sports.

Ward makes the second defence of his British Super-Featherweight title against Hughes, the unbeaten Essex talent wants to put in an impressive performance to prove that this is the year he will land more major titles.

“I'm going to go in there and smash him,” said Ward. “I want to be in big fights and the sooner they come, the better. I am ready to go now, I am ready to rock 'n' roll and the bigger the better now for me.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/martin-ward- ... fIpND.dpuf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Errol Spence Tabs Joshua To KO Klitschko, Take Over Boxing

By Edward Chaykovsky

Undefeated Olympian Errol Spence (21-0, 18 KOs) believes IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is capable of becoming the biggest name in boxing.

Spence and Joshua were both in competition during the 2012 Olympic games in London. Joshua won a gold medal, while Spence was eliminated and failed to medal during the games.

Joshua (18-0, 18 KOs) will defend his IBF title against Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium, with the vacant IBO, WBA titles at stake.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/errol-spence ... fVYWz.dpuf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:05 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:08 pm 
Heavyweight

May Get Ordered By WBC

By Edward Chaykovsky

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman is possibly going to order an immediate rematch between Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez and Srisaket Sor Rungvisai.

Last Saturday night at New York's Madison Square Garden, Gonzalez lost the WBC super flyweight championship when he was on the losing end of a twelve round majority decision Sor Rungvisai, who was the mandatory challenger.

Gonzalez saw his undefeated record drop to 46-1, 38 KOs. The scores were 114-112, 114-112 and 113-113.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/chocolatito- ... rW7Fu.dpuf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Anthony Crolla Confident of Getting Revenge on Jorge Linares

Anthony Crolla is confident he is primed to deliver an improved performance against Jorge Linares in their rematch this weekend that will see him reclaim the WBA world lightweight title.

The pair go toe-to-toe again on Saturday at Manchester Arena six months after their initial encounter at the same venue, in which Crolla lost the belt to Venezuelan Linares via a unanimous decision.

Asked about making adjustments this time around, Manchester's Crolla, who is trained by Joe Gallagher, told Press Association Sport on Tuesday: 'Obviously, I'm not going to give too much away, but we have to be smarter in the ring.

'We have quickened things up a little bit, and there are certain shots there that we feel we didn't capitalise on last time and plan on doing it this time.

'I'm very much more business-minded. My head is just totally on the job. I am always confident and believe in myself, and the harder and smarter you train, the more confident you get.

'It could be another long fight - I've prepared for 12 hard rounds as always. But whether it is a points decision or not, I believe it is a different result this time.'

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-crol ... VO82A.dpuf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:39 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:41 pm 
Heavyweight

Chocolatito Trainer Furious: There is Money Behind That Decision!

By Harold Briceno Torrez, notifight.com

Wilmer Hernandez, head trainer for former four division world champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez of Nicaragua, is furious over the outcome of last Saturday's fight at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Gonzalez lost a twelve round majority decision to mandatory challenger Srisaket Sor Rungvisai of Thailand.

Gonzalez dropped to 46-1, 38 KOs - and he was shocked to have suffered his first loss. He went down in the first round, which was only the second time he had tasted the canvas. The scores were 114-112, 114-112 and 113-113.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/chocolatito- ... 1sNhE.dpuf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Spence: AJ to take over boxing

By Tim Hobbs

Last Updated: 22/03/17 11:46am

Anthony Joshua will beat Wladimir Klitschko and go on to "take over boxing", says fellow London 2012 Olympian Errol Spence Jr.

The American welterweight star is back in the UK to attend a Sheffield press conference on Wednesday to confirm where and when he will be challenging IBF world champion, Kell Brook.

But with Joshua facing Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium, live on Sky Sports Box Office, before that, Spence Jr not only expects the British heavyweight to win by knockout but believes 'AJ' will become biggest name in boxing.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12 ... rol-spence  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 482  Next