Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:55 am 
Heavyweight

Round 7: Golovkin scrapes Canelo with a right hand as Canelo tries to slip away. Golovkin is walking Canelo down now in a highly aggressive fashion, building the pressure on Canelo. Canelo's corner tells him they want more three punch combinations to stall Golovkin's offense. Short right hand to the body lands for Golovkin. Canelo once again taunts Golovkin. Golovkin is having more success pressuring Canelo all over the ring. Canelo might be showing the first signs of fatigue. Golovkin wins the round on effective aggression. Golovkin 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:58 am 
Heavyweight

Round 8: Golovkin comes out on the attack again and lands a good shot on Canelo. Golovkin is looking to mix it up more and puts up a tight guard and waves Canelo on. Now GGG wants to make a big drama show! Golovkin has officially closed the distance in this fight as Canelo doesn't have the legs to keep Golovkin from getting in his preferred distance. Canelo lands a nice check hook. Golovkin lands a little uppercut and has Canelo on the ropes a lot. Solid uppercut lands for Canelo and Golovkin walks forward like it was nothing! Golovkin is getting more and more aggressive as the round winds down. Hard right to the body lands for Golovkin.Golovkin 10-9, 76-76.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 9: Golovkin comes out moving his hands now, getting off more than he was early. Canelo tries to pick off Canelo but Golovkin covers up and walks forward, lands a few punches on Canelo. Golovkin is in Canelo's face for the duration of these last few rounds and it might be getting to Canelo now. Canelo has no time to take a breather but lands a clean right hand! Golovkin still coming forward and has Canelo on every inch of the ropes on the ring. Canelo is trying to fight off Golovkin but Canelo looks to be starting to fade. Four punch combination on the inside from Canelo! Golovkin comes back. Close round. I'm giving it to Golovkin because it looks like he's wearing on Canelo. Golovkin 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 10: Canelo looked tired in between rounds. But once the round starts Canelo digs deep and lands a nice left hook to the body. Hard punches knock Golovkin off balance momentarily. The crowd is on its feet! Both fighters exchanging punches and Golovkin has Canelo back on the ropes again. Canelo is able to evade some of Golovkin's shots but Golovkin is leaving an impression. Golovkin wants all out war now and Canelo forced to oblige. Golovkin is forcing the fight on Canelo at every waking moment of the round and Gennady gets off four punches on Canelo! Canelo having a hard time handling Golovkin at this point.Golovkin 10-9, 96-94.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:51 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 11: Canelo lands a right hand on the run but Golovkin is able to land his jab at this point, Canelo isn't as sharp at this point. Canelo is on or along the ropes consistently and is trying to ambush Golovkin with punches at certain times. Now Canelo throws four punches at Golovkin! Golovkin waves him on for more! Hard right hand lands for Golovkin but Canelo is able to roll it just enough to not take huge damage. Jab lands for Canelo and Canelo comes back with an uppercut. Hard left hook shakes up Canelo for just a moment! Golovkin 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 12: Sanchez instructs Golovkin to not allow Canelo room to breathe. Canelo comes out with a flurry of punches, Golovkin is undeterred. Three punches land for Canelo. Golovkin nods and walks forward but Canelo is throwing and landing the punches here! Golovkin throws several of his own punches and it gets Canelo's attention! Now Golovkin runs at Canelo and puts him right in the corner and throws a few punches. Canelo is breathing hard but still throwing punches. Canelo throws a counter uppercut that is partially blocked. Golovkin blocks a few more punches and comes back with a few of his own. Both fighters throw down to the bell! The crowd roars! Close round to score. I think I'm going to give it to Canelo by the ever slightest of margins. Canelo 10-9. BLH scores the fight for Gennady Golovkin, 115-113.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin ends in a split draw (118-110 Canelo, 115-113 Golovkin, 114-114)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:54 pm 
Heavyweight

:shock:

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:59 am 
Heavyweight

Tonight at 10 pm ET on ESPN, Top Rank returns with a world title doubleheader from Tucson, Arizona, featuring WBO defenses by featherweight Oscar Valdez and super middleweight Gilberto Ramirez.

Mexico’s Valdez (22-0, 19 KO) will headline, facing Filipino challenger Genesis Servania (29-0, 12 KO) in the main event. Valdez is coming off of an April 22 defense against Miguel Marriaga, where he went the full 12-round distance for the first time. Servania last fought on April 29, knocking out Ralph Jhon Lulu in the second round in Japan.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:00 am 
Heavyweight

Ramirez (35-0, 24 KO), also of Mexico, is facing Philadelphia’s Jesse Hart (22-0, 18 KO), a physically impressive second generation fighter. Ramirez will have a rare height and reach disadvantage against Hart, and stylistically this could be a very interesting fight. Ramirez last fought on April 22, winning a shutout decision over Max Bursak, while Hart was last seen on April 8, stopping Alan Campa in the fifth round.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:38 am 
Heavyweight

Undefeated Filipino fighter Genesis Servania (29-0, 12 KOs) will challenge unbeaten WBO featherweight champion Oscar Valdez (22-0, 19 KOs) of Tucson, Arizona Friday at the Tucson Convention Center in Tucson, Arizona, the main event of the latest edition of Top Rank on ESPN. This will be the first time for Servania fighting atop the ring challenging for a world title. 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:50 am 
Heavyweight

"It's exciting. It's my fight to win because I have trained so hard for this opportunity. It will be my hardest fight but you will soon see I came to Tucson to win and become the new world champion," said the former ALA Gym standout now fighting out of the Kashimi Gym in Kanazawa, Japan as told to Fightnews.com. 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 am 
Heavyweight

Servania will be making his U.S debut and he is fresh from a 2nd round TKO over Ralph Jhon Lulu last April. His most notable win is a 12th round TKO win over former world champion Alexander Muñoz of Venezuela in March 2014. Servania’s trainer Mark Gil Melligen believes his fighter has a big chance to score an upset. 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:18 am 
Heavyweight

“This is a good fight. Valdez fights well and has a lot of amateur experience, but Servania has a big chance,” says Melligen as quoted by Rappler. He thinks that Servania has matured as a fighter since transferring to Japan and has developed his punching power. 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:19 am 
Heavyweight

Valdez, a two-time Mexican Olympic boxer in 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Games, was born in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico will make his homecoming as he takes on Servania. He grew up across the border in Tucson, and will fight for the second time in his career returning to same venue, the Convention Center where he fought the last time in December 2015 against Ernie Sanchez winning by 3rd round TKO. This time he returns to Tucson as the champion and ready to defend his title. 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271  Next