Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:02 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:08 am 
Heavyweight

Michael Conlan def. Kenny Guzman by TKO (2:59 of round 2)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:50 am 
Heavyweight

Round-By-Round
Gilberto Ramirez vs Jesse Hart

Round 1: Hart moving around and keeping a distance early, lands a good right hand. Hart’s movement really limiting Ramirez’s output in this first round, which is going to be a big key for him if he’s going to pull this off. Hart landing well along with showing a good game tactically here. Hart 10-9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:50 am 
Heavyweight

Round 2: Hart moving and sticking his jab out still, then BAM! He’s down a little over halfway into the round! He’s up but hurt and now totally on the defensive. Zurdo has plenty of time to work and he’s going to the body and then up top. Hart not tying up, looking to land in return. Ramirez pushes him to the corner, Hart trying to move his head and shove Ramirez back, but gets taken back to the corner. Hard left hand again! And another gets in! Hart staying up! Jelly legs Hart swinging wildly, but Ramirez headhunting too much now and not landing. Ramirez 10-8, 19-18

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 am 
Heavyweight

Round 3: Zurdo looking firmly in control to start this round, too. Hart’s legs back under him a bit, but he just doesn’t look sure of himself right now. Low blow from Zurdo, and Teddy immediately calls out Hart for “playing it up” to buy some time, which he needs. He doesn’t take forever or anything, but he does take a moment. Hart really does lean forward all the time, it’s a very bad habit at this level. But he’s got his legs back and winging some shots now. Good shot lands from Hart. He’s starting to counter, but Ramirez is tagging the body nicely in spots. Right hand from Ramirez.Ramirez 10-9, 29-27

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 am 
Heavyweight

Round 4: Good hook from Ramirez about a minute into the round. He’s clearly the better technician, but Hart is really firing counters with some oomph when he lets them go. Ramirez landing hard body shots now and a good left up top. Ramirez might be breaking his will. Uppercut from Ramirez as Hart leans in on the inside. Ramirez is just battering him at this point. Back to the body again. Ramirez 10-9, 39-36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 am 
Heavyweight

Round 5: Ramirez remaining in firm control. Hart’s offense just not getting home and Ramirez is landing hard shots almost at will. Not as big a round as the fourth, but that’s hard to top. Hart moving around a little more, still showing a lot of grit, and trying to get himself back into this fight. He’s also slipped on water in the corner a couple times in this round. Ramirez 10-9, 49-45

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:55 am 
Heavyweight

Round 6: Hart had kind of a moral victory in the fifth, let’s see if he can get himself going for real now. And he does. This is a nice round for him at this point in the fight, and I think he takes it. Ramirez was quieted down and Hart seems to have a little rhythm for the first time since the opening round. Hart 10-9, Ramirez 58-55

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:55 am 
Heavyweight

Round 7: Ramirez getting his hands moving again. He’s retaking control of the fight handily, maybe he just took the sixth off a little bit, and even then he had an argument to take the round. Hart still throwing a dangerous right, but not landing it with any consistency. He did land a good uppercut.Ramirez 10-9, 68-64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:56 am 
Heavyweight

Round 8: Ramirez continues to do good, consistent work in this fight. Hart is staying in there and trying to win, no question, but the technical superiority of Ramirez has proven out in this fight so far. Hart’s landing some good shots, namely his uppercut, but Zurdo pretty much just chewing it up.Ramirez 10-9, 78-73

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:57 am 
Heavyweight

Round 9: Hart throwing that uppercut with abandon to start this round, thinking he’s got a home for it and trying to impose his will. You gotta respect how he’s stayed in this fight. Hart gets stung with over a minute to go in the round, and Zurdo tries to close in. This time, Hart ties him up. Body work from Ramirez again. Hart with a few uppercuts back! Really good round overall, and I like Hart here. Hart 10-9, Ramirez 87-83

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 am 
Heavyweight

Round 10: Kind of a grueling fight at this point, both guys showing some fatigue, and it’s been come by honestly. Pretty good fight overall, been very interesting on both sides. Nice steadying round for Ramirez.Ramirez 10-9, 97-92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 11: Hart really tags Ramirez with a hard right hand halfway into the round, Ramirez in control before that. Ramirez stepped back there. He clearly felt that one. Hart didn’t capitalize, either. Maybe he didn’t realize he’d hurt him. Hart 10-9, Ramirez 106-102

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 12: Crowd chanting “Mexico! Mexico!” at the opening of the final round, firmly behind Zurdo Ramirez. Hart again landing hard shots, but Ramirez firing back as they trade down the stretch. Listen, this was a solid, interesting fight. I think we have a winner, but it was fun and both guys earned their paychecks. Ramirez 10-9, 116-111

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Round-By-RoundOscar Valdez vs Genesis Servania

Round 1: Both guys snapping jabs early to feel it out. Valdez targets the body, mixes things up more than Servania. Better round for Valdez, he showed more to his game than Servania did. That’s likely to hold, I expect. Valdez 10-9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 2: Valdez starting fast in this round, mixing up his attack, fully focused, and as Teddy says, his versatility is giving Servania problems. Good left hook counter up top from Valdez stings Servania, but he holds it down and stays in there. He’s tough, but he can’t take a lot of shots like that and hang around forever with Valdez. Servania isn’t fighting poorly, but we’re seeing a difference in class here, I think. Valdez 10-9, 20-18

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271  Next