Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:57 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 315  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

"I really like his style. We have the same height, he is a fighter who comes forward and who likes to attack like me, so that is going to be good for my way of boxing. I have already faced left-handed fighters and it did not create any problems for me. In addition, Pacquiao has had a lot of hard fights, and in the last few it was evident that he gets hit more often and that he does not have the same speed and explosiveness as before. Anyway, he's still a boxing legend and that's a danger," Matthysse was quoted in BoxingScene.com.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

"[If I beat Pacquiao], this will not change my way of living. I continue to share things with the family, being at home with my children, roasting, getting together with everyone in my circle as many times as I can. I handle myself like anyone else. I still live in Trelew, and while people out there go a little crazy when they see me, I have my feet firmly planted on the ground. I am a normal and simple person. I have always liked this life and it will always be like that."

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:00 am 
Heavyweight

Matthysse vs. Martinez, Soto and Olusegun

Lucas was forced to withdraw from a fight versus Erik Morales in one of the featured bouts on the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Victor Ortiz HBO PPV undercard at the MGM Grandin Las Vegas, citing a viral infection that had kept him from training.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:04 am 
Heavyweight

Lucas fought Mexican Angel Martinez on February 10, 2012 for the vacant WBA Inter-Continental light welterweight title at the Gimnasio Municipal, Chubut, Argentina in a scheduled 12 round bout. The Mexican retired after the 5th round.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:06 am 
Heavyweight

The stay-busy victory over the 20-year-old Mexican fighter set up a Showtime televised showdown between Matthysse and former 130-pound and lightweight beltholderHumberto Soto on June 23, 2012. Both fighters traded big shots in the opening rounds but the Matthysse was able to land consistent big body shots and came through this fight with another fifth round TKO.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:07 am 
Heavyweight

Matthysse then faced undefeated Nigerian-born British professional boxer Ajose Olusegun on September 8, 2012. Olusegun had been declared the mandatory challenger for the WBC light welterweight title going into the fight. The first few rounds were good exchanges for the two brawlers. However, on the tenth round the hard punches from the Argentinian proved too much for the unbeaten Nigerian and therefore the referee stopped the fight via 10th Round TKO.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:39 am 
Heavyweight

Former four division world champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez is training at the Roger Deshon gym with a view to returning to the ring in July.

https://www.boxingscene.com/roman-gonza ... ly--128186

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:39 am 
Heavyweight

Canelo Alvarez announced through his Twitter account Tuesday afternoon that he has signed a contract to participate year-round in the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association’s testing program for performance-enhancing drugs.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-alva ... nd--128187

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:23 am 
Heavyweight

Lomachenko-Jorge Linares was a much more competitive, compelling fight than Lomachenko’s domination of Guillermo Rigondeaux, but it didn’t draw greater ratings.

Nielsen Media Research numbers released Tuesday revealed ESPN’s two-bout broadcast Saturday night, which featured Lomachenko’s 10th-round technical knockout of Linares, drew an average audience of 1,024,00 viewers. The peak viewership for the Lomachenko-Linares battle wasn’t available as of Tuesday afternoon.

https://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenko- ... 00--128180

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:55 am 
Heavyweight

De La Hoya: Canelo-Golovkin II Will Be Bigger Due To Animosity

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, who promotes Mexican superstar Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, expects the rematch with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin to be much bigger than the first meeting - because of the increasing animosity between the two fighters.

https://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya- ... ty--128212

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 am 
Heavyweight

Sergey Kovalev: Maybe After The Alvarez Fight I'll Fight Bivol

By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Sergey Kovalev considers Dmitry Bivol an elite light heavyweight, even though Bivol has just 13 fights on his professional record.

The WBO 175-pound champion also feels they’re one step closer toward fighting in what would be an intriguing light heavyweight title unification bout.

https://www.boxingscene.com/sergey-kova ... ol--128196

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:59 am 
Heavyweight

Horn: Crawford Trying To Play Mind Games - It Motivates Me

WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) believes mandatory challenger Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) is trying to play mind games with him.

The two sides were set to fight in April at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, but the contest was pushed back after Crawford withdrew with a hand injury. Initially the contest was going to happen in New York City at Madison Square Garden, before shifting to Las Vegas. 

https://www.boxingscene.com/horn-crawfo ... me--128205

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:42 pm 
Heavyweight

Horn not happy with Top Rank Gym

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

https://fightnews.com/horn-not-happy-wi ... -gym/22713

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Toka Kahn Clary Decisions Dominguez in Atlantic City

By Francisco Salazar

https://www.boxingscene.com/toka-kahn-c ... ty--128725

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Joshua's Coach Explains Why Wilder Fight Must Be in The UK

Rob McCracken, head trainer for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs), firmly believes that a potential unification with WBC champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) should be in the UK.

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-coac ... uk--128721

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 315  Next