Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 488  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:48 pm 
Heavyweight

At the moment, the two sides have hit a brick wall in terms of reaching an agreement for a showdown in the fall.

Wilder wants the contest to go down in the United States, and his handlers have offered Joshua a guarantee of $50 million to get the deal done.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:48 pm 
Heavyweight

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-coac ... uk--128721

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Tyson Fury Slams Klitschko Brothers Over Recent Comments

Former unified heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has fired off some comments in the direction of Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko.

Fury is coming back to the ring on June 9 at the Manchester Arena against Sefer Seferi.

The contest will be the first for Fury since his stunning twelve round unanimous decision win over Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015 in Germany.
https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury- ... ts--128712

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:01 pm 
Heavyweight

Jeff Horn: I'd Love To Stop Crawford in One - Shut People Up!

WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) and members of his team are furious with the training accommodations in Las Vegas.

Next Saturday night, Horn will defend his title against mandatory challenger Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jeff-horn-i ... up--128708

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:01 pm 
Heavyweight

Horn is shaking his head at being placed in that facility by Top Rank, who promote Crawford. "The Americans are doing everything to try to rattle me,’’ Horn said to Fox Sports.

"I got off the long flight from Brisbane and did a few rounds to loosen up but it was just too hot to train in that gym for too long. I could have damaged myself. Who builds a brick and tin gym in the desert with no air conditioning anyway?’’

Horn is a huge underdog in the contest - despite being the bigger man and Crawford moving up in weight from 140-pounds.

Because so many experts are overlooking Horn, he would love to win the contest with a first round knockout.

"I won the Australian title with a first-round knockout in 2013 and I’d love to stop Crawford just as quickly. It would shut a lot of people up,’’ Horn said.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Glenn Rushton, who trains Horn, sided with his boxer regarding the high temperatures in the Top Rank gym - with the air conditioning being out of order.

``The facilities and conditions here are very oppressive,’’ Rushton said.

``We were expected to work out in [100] degree heat and I believe the temperature is going above [100]  next week ahead of the fight. The Top Rank gym has a tin roof so the heat is stifling. The people who run it told us the air conditioning didn’t work. Then we tried to get the big metal roller doors lifted but they were locked tight and no one had the key. The punching bags were in poor shape and the speed ball was totally deflated. We eventually got one of the roller doors up yesterday but we don’t want to continue training there."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 am 
Heavyweight

Lomachenko: I'll Fight Gervonta Davis - But Only at Lightweight

WBA lightweight world champion Vasyl Lomachenko (11-1, 9 KOs) is recovering from his recent surgery to correct a shoulder injury.

Last month at Madison Square Garden in New York City, Lomachenko recovered from a sixth round knockout to stop Jorge Linares (44-4, 27 KOs) in the tenth round.

Lomachenko was initially scheduled to return on August 25th in Los Angeles, potentially against WBO lightweight champion Ray Beltran in a unification.

https://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenko- ... ht--128772

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Horn on His Critics: I Can't Really Give a Sh*t - Crawford Will Fall

WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) is only a few days away from the biggest challenge of his career.

This coming Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Horn will defend his title against mandatory challenger Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs).

Crawford, regarded as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport, is a huge favorite to come away with his hand raised.

https://www.boxingscene.com/horn-on-his ... ll--128770

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Horn's Coach: Crawford Wobbled By Gamboa - We'll Drop Him!

Glenn Rushton, the head trainer of WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs), is confident that his boxer is capable of scoring a knockout victory over mandatory challenger Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs).

Rushton watched closely at Crawford's 2014 victory over Yuriorkis Gamboa - who fought for the WBO lightweight title.

Crawford eventually moved up to junior welterweight and unified the entire weight class - and now he's heading up to welterweight - in search of his third divisional title.

https://www.boxingscene.com/horn-coach- ... im--128759

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:06 pm 
Heavyweight

De La Hoya: GGG needs to come down from 50-50 for Canelo fight to be made

By Dan Ambrose: Oscar De La Hoya says Gennady Golovkin can easily make the fight with Saul Canelo Alvarez if he’s willing to come down from the 50-50 revenue split that he’s asking for to make the September 15 rematch take place. De La Hoya says Canelo has told him that he’s thought of moving up to 168.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/06/de ... o-be-made/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:20 am 
Heavyweight

Anthony Joshua: Alexander Povetkin deal close despite Deontay Wilder talks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... g/44366271

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:21 am 
Heavyweight

Anthony Joshua: Alexander Povetkin deal close despite Deontay Wilder talks

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is close to a deal to fight Alexander Povetkin - either before or after a bout with Deontay Wilder.

Joshua, 28, holds the WBA, IBF and WBO titles, with Povetkin in a mandatory challenger position for the WBA belt.

But talks continue for the Briton to face WBC title holder Deontay Wilder with all four titles on the line.

"We have to move because the WBA want to know what's happening," said Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Jeff Horn: This is The Fight That Will Silence All The Critics

By Thomas Gerbasi

Glenn Rushton says the same thing to Jeff Horn just before it’s time for them to make the walk to the ring for the next battle.

“We're here because we want to be here. No one's forcing us to do this. We want to do this. Let's get up here and entertain these people. We're living the dream.”

It has been a dream-like scenario for the pair since July of last year, when Horn stunned the boxing world with an upset decision victory over future hall of famer Manny Pacquiao. As soon as the verdict was read, the Brisbane product was the toast of the town down under, whisked away to award shows and charity events as he was celebrated for producing one of his nation’s biggest wins in years.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jeff-horn-t ... cs--128817

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Crawford: Is Ref Supposed to Let Horn Head-Butt, Hold & Hit?

By Keith Idec

Terence Crawford laughed off comments made by Jeff Horn’s trainer regarding referee Robert Byrd’s need to allow Horn to fight the way he has grown accustomed Saturday night.

Glenn Rushton, Horn’s trainer, reiterated during a conference call Tuesday that he’ll urge Byrd to let the Horn-Crawford fight flow, without constantly breaking Horn and Crawford apart at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas (ESPN+).

Rushton previously told the Brisbane Times for a story published Sunday that Horn doesn’t head-butt his opponents or intentionally lead with his head.

https://www.boxingscene.com/crawford-re ... it--128811

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:58 pm 
Heavyweight

When asked about Rushton’s comments, an incredulous Crawford made if perfectly clear what he thinks about the rough tactics Horn has employed in previous fights.

“What, does he want Robert Byrd to let him head-butt and hold and hit, and do all that extra stuff?,” Crawford said during the conference call. “I just laugh at it. I don’t know. I don’t care.”

Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs), of Omaha, Nebraska, understands Rushton is just doing his job by trying to protect Horn’s best interests in advance of their 12-round fight for Horn’s WBO welterweight title. Nevertheless, Crawford can’t comprehend how anyone could objectively state that Horn doesn’t bend boxing’s rules with his physical, rough approach in the ring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 488  Next