Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 397  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:36 pm 
Heavyweight

"Thank God for this victory," Pacquiao said. "This is all dedicated to God and all the Filipino people. Thank you to our country and our president for watching this fight."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:39 pm 
Heavyweight

"We did a good job and my team in training," Pacquiao said. "We were not pushing hard like we did when we were very young. We controlled ourselves in the training but it's heavy training. Thanks to all of my team for working hard in this fight."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Asked after the fight what was the most difficult part of fighting Pacquiao, Matthysse replied, "To fight Manny Pacquiao. He's a great fighter and a great champion."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:43 pm 
Heavyweight

"Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose," Matthysse said. "Today was my turn to lose and I lost to a great fighter and a great legend in Manny Pacquiao. [I'm going to] take a rest, take a break. I worked really hard and I want to go back home to my family. This is part of boxing that you win some and lose some. Today was my turn to lose but nothing more."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm 
Heavyweight

"We are planned [to fight again in 2018]. We have not decided yet. Right now my focus is to go back to my country and, of course, relax."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Asked after the fight what was the most difficult part of fighting Pacquiao, Matthysse replied, "To fight Manny Pacquiao. He's a great fighter and a great champion."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 pm 
Heavyweight

"I'm surprised I knocked him down so early," said Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:38 pm 
Heavyweight

"It was a long time ago since I've done that. I came out smoking hot."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:38 pm 
Heavyweight

"We did a good job in training," added Pacquiao. "We were not pushing hard - we controlled our pace and ourselves.

"I'm no longer young so thanks to my trainer and all my team members."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny Pacquiao def. Lucas Matthysse Round by Round
SBNation

Round 1: Matthysse takes the center of the ring. Pacquiao flicks the jab out there, but it doesn’t land, nor does a lunging hook. One-two straight combo from Matthysse lands, but not very hard. Matthysse is focused on his defense early on here. He lands a left hand to the body. Pacquiao fires off a hard left hand that is blocked. Hard right to the chest from Matthysse. A close round comes to an end!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 2: Overhand right from Matthysse, but Pacquiao blocks it. Jab from Mattysse connects. Straight right from Pacquiao lands hard, and the follow-up from Matthysse just grazes. Jab to the body from Pacquiao. Hard, short right hand connects flush on the cheek as Matthysse comes in low. Another short hook from Pacquiao. Right uppercut from Matthysse lands, but Pacquiao walks through it. Pacquiao lands some nice jabs as the round ends.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 3: Pacquiao blocks a stiff right straight from Matthysse. Pacquiao ducks under an overhand, then comes forward with a hard, hard left uppercut that drops Matthysse here in the third round! He is back up and fighting, but backing up. This is a dangerous spot for Pacquiao, given Matthysse’s punching power, especially while cornered. Pacquiao slows it down but hits matthysse with a short counter jab, and he continues to use the jab to get within range. Hard, short left hook lands on Pacquiao’s cheek, but he eats it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:54 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 4: Pacquiao takes the center of the ring right away. Matthysse misses a winging body shot. Left jab from Matthysse sneaks through the guard. Pacquiao with a strong jab-jab-hook combo, and Matthysse needs to move his head some more or he’s going down sooner rather than later. Overhand right from Matthysse clips Pacquiao, who responds with a hard straight left. About half a minute later, another hard straight left from Pacquiao. It was a good round for Matthysse coming off the knockdown, but it was still probably Pacquiao’s round.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:54 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 5: Lunging right straight, followed by two more backs Matthysse against the ropes, where he eats a left hand from nowhere by Pacquiao. Left hook from Matthysse lands. Pacquiao lands a good double-jab combo, then a hook to the body. Straight left over the top from Matthysse catches Pacquiao off balance, but he responds with a strong body shot. Hard counter right from Pacquiao and Matthysse, who seems fine at first, takes a knee. It must have hit him much harder than it looked, though it came on the heels of Matthysse putting together a couple decent combos. It’s another knockdown for Pacquiao! Upon replay, Pacquiao clearly hit him right in the temple.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 6: Short break to start the round as Pacquiao is hit with a low blow. After they start back up, it’s more of the same from Pacquiao: jab combos followed by a brutal left uppercut that again hurts Matthysse. Matthysse tries to put together a hook combo from outside and Pacquiao just dances away, then lands a heavy body combo. Good hook to the body from Matthysse, who is warned for the second time to stop leading with his head. Short body combo from Pacquiao. Hard uppercut from Pacquiao again. Right hook, then another uppercut from Pacquiao. Matthysse just has nothing for him right now!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 397  Next