Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 344  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:59 am 
Heavyweight

Ricardo López was the third champion in history to retire undefeated and the first to do so as both an amateur and professional fighter. He also shares with Joe Louis andFloyd Mayweather Jr. the record for consecutive title bouts without a loss (twenty-six).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:00 am 
Heavyweight

Ricardo “El Finito” López Nava (born July 25, 1966) is a retired undefeated Mexican professional boxer. As a professional, he defended the Lineal and WBC StrawweightChampionship a record 21 times. He also won the WBA and WBO Championships in the same weight class. López later won the IBFLight Flyweight Championship and defended it twice before retiring.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:03 am 
Heavyweight

This is a list of world champions inprofessional boxing who retired undefeated, either during or after a title reign(s). It excludes current titleholders. Each champion's record is shown in the following format: wins–losses–draws–no contests.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:07 am 
Heavyweight

Jimmy Barry 59–0–9 (2 NC) World Bantamweight Title, 1894–1899, 6 (3 draws) title defenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am 
Heavyweight

Joe Calzaghe 46–0–0 WBO Super middleweight, 1997–2008, 21 title defenses. Vacated title to move up to IBF light heavyweight in 2006, 1 title defense.

Vacated title to fight Peter Manfredo Jr.instead of #1 contender Robert Stieglitz.

Won The Ring, lineal titles in 2006–2008, defended it 3 times.

Vacated titles to move up to light heavyweight title (WBA,WBC) in 2007–2008. Won The Ring Light heavyweight title in 2008. Retired and vacated title.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:18 am 
Heavyweight

Kim Ji-won,16–0–2, IBF Super bantamweight title in 1985–1986 with 4 title defenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 am 
Heavyweight

Mihai Leu, 8–0–0 WBO Welterweight Title, 1997. Forced to retire from boxing due to an injury.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:23 am 
Heavyweight

Rocky Marciano, 49–0–0, World Heavyweight Title, 1952–1956

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:27 am 
Heavyweight

Terry Marsh is an English former professional boxer who was an undefeated world champion in the light welterweight division. Professional record 26–0–1.

Marsh was a three-time ABA senior amateur champion who went on to become the British,European and IBF light welterweight world champion as a professional. He was the first European boxer ever to retire as an undefeated World Champion, a feat later equalled by Romanian Michael Loewe, Germany's Sven Ottke and Welshman Joe Calzaghe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:30 am 
Heavyweight

Edwin Valero was a Venezuelan professional boxer who competed from 2002 to 2010. He was anundefeated former world champion in two weight classes at the time of his death, having held the WBA super featherweight title from 2006 to 2008, and the WBC lightweight title from 2009 to 2010. A southpaw known for his highly aggressive style and exceptional punching power, Valero remains the only champion in the 30-year history of the WBC to win every fight in his career by knockout. In 2010, Valero committed suicide in jail after being arrested on suspicion of killing his wife. Professional record 27 -0, 27 KO wins.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:48 pm 
Heavyweight

ANOTHER SALUDAR SEEKS WORLD TITLE 

By Rene Bonsubre, Jr.
PhilBoxing.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2018

Froilan Saludar (28W-2L-1D,19KO’s) will try to reverse his fortunes on the road when he challenges WBO flyweight world champion Sho Kimura of Japan on July 27 in Qingdao, China. 

Saludar’s two career losses both happened overseas. Four years ago, Saludar was stopped in two rounds by Puerto Rican McWilliams Arroyo in an IBF eliminator in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. He suffered his second career loss in Japan in 2016 by unanimous decision to Takuma Inoue. 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:48 pm 
Heavyweight

The 29 year old Saludar had a rebuilding process on home soil after the Inoue loss and won five straight fights by KO or TKO. He is currently ranked number four by the WBO. 

Saludar, from Polomolok, South Cotabato, was a three time national amateur champion before he turned pro in 2009 and he subsequently acquired regional WBO belts. 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:11 am 
Heavyweight

Roach: Pacquiao Should Fight Loma at 140, No To Crawford

By Rick Reeno

Las Vegas - Last weekend in Malaysia, Manny Pacquiao (60-7-2, 39 KOs) resumed his career with a seventh round stoppage of Lucas Matthysse to capture the WBA "regular" welterweight title.

It was Pacquiao's first knockout win since November of 2009. He dropped Matthysse three times in the contest.

A few months prior to this fight, Pacquiao parted ways with his

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:11 am 
Heavyweight

Roach watched the fight, and he took issue with certain statements that was made during the live broadcast by one of the ESPN announcers, who claimed the Hall of Fame trainer 'was not watching the fight.'

"I watched it. The announcer said why would I be watching Manny. I was with Manny for 16 years, I'm a fan. He fought a very good fight. I was proud of him. He did very well. Him and Buboy pulled it off. It was a nice performance," Roach told BoxingScene.com.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:12 am 
Heavyweight

"Again, Manny has been my guy for 16 years. It's a shame that it happened this way, but I have nothing against him. People say that he never said anything about my mother dying, but I'm not a religious person. Manny knows I'm not a religious person. It doesn't bother me that he didn't call me [when my mother died]."

After his knockout of Matthysse, Pacquiao mentioned the possibility of reuniting with Roach in the future - but at the moment there has been no contact from Pacquiao since the controversial loss to Jeff Horn in July 2017.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 344  Next