Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313 ... 397  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:50 pm 
Heavyweight

“I don’t feel like I need to do anything. If the fight’s going to happen, it’s going to happen because Pacquiao’s team wants it to happen. Arum’s been trying to make the fight for quite a while and it hasn’t worked. We can’t make those guys fight. The only thing I can do is continue to focus on my career.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Legendary boxer Manny Pacquiao dispelled rumors about his health and assured his fans, friends and family that he is perfectly well following recent reports that claimed otherwise.

A week before his historic knockout win over WBA champion Lucas Matthysse in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Pacquiao admitted to have undergone a routine medical and physical checkup, a requirement for all boxers before they step inside the ring.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao, the only eight-weight division champion of the sport, breezed through the tests as always like in all of his fights in the last 23 years, fighting throughout the world.

"I feel fine. I feel great. I thank God for giving me strength everyday and keeping me protected through all the years of my life. Winning by knockout over Matthysse was a bonus," said Pacquiao, who turns 40 in December.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:04 pm 
Heavyweight

It was the 60th win for the Philippine champion-turned-senator and the 39th knockout in his sterling career. "I really wanted to win this fight and I challenged myself so much in training that I pushed myself to the maximum limits of my body," said Pacquiao. "I always knew that training hardest makes every fight easier."

Heading into the last stages of training, Pacquiao took to punishing and lung-busting road work up in the mountains of Sarangani province where the roads were steep and narrow despite the initial disagreements with his coaching staff.

Heavyweight

"Manny knows best. He is not the young Manny of years past but we knew that he was testing himself mentally and psychologically more than the physical," said Justin Fortune, Pacquiao's long-time strength and conditioning coach, referring to the many times Pacquiao took the team to the mountains for the "killer" road challenge.

"Pumayag na rin kami kasi mas alam naman ni Manny ang kanyang katawan. HIndi niya gagawin iyon kung hindi niya kaya," added chief trainer Buboy Fernandez, beaming with joy after steering the team to victory for the first time.

Heavyweight

"Walang problema iyan. It's just part of medical requirements for athletes," said Pacquiao, following reports of ailments prior to the match.

Doctors cautioned the public not to make medical opinions.

"First and foremost, we protect the patient. We give clearance as we deem fit. Individuals who have no medical background should refrain from giving out opinions especially if they do not have the medical records and experience. Patients also have the right to secrecy and that is strictly confidential and protected by our laws," said a doctor who requested anonymity. - RELEASE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:18 pm 
Heavyweight

CRAWFORD SAYS ARUM HAS TRIED TO GET PACQUIAO FIGHT FOR HIM BUT FAILED
By Maloney L. Samaco
PhilBoxing.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2018

WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford (33-0, 24 KOs) won't be waiting for too long on a potential fight with eight division champion Manny Pacquiao to happen.

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who also promotes Crawford and was Pacquiao's promoter for over a decade, would like to match the two boxers in the fall.

Another bankable option that Arum would like to offer to the champion senator is a catch-weight bout with WBA lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko, another Top Rank fighter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Crawford thinks he should be prioritized to fight Pacquiao since they are fighting in the same weight, the welterweight division. Arum made an attempt to match Crawford and Pacquiao, but the Filipino icon is not interested in the bout. 

On Thursday, Pacquiao's former trainer, Freddie Roach, told BoxingScene.com that a Crawford fight would be unreasonable for the veteran boxer, who would be 40 years old in his next fight.

Crawford acknowledges that he wants the opportunity to face Pacquiao, but he could not permit his career to stagnate while Pacquiao is still contemplating who to fight next.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:24 pm 
Heavyweight

“I believe I’m a pretty good fighter and have accomplished more than Lomachenko,” Crawford told The Los Angeles Times. “And how many years have we been talking about Crawford-Pacquiao? Since 2015? One guy’s a welterweight — where [Pacquiao’s] at — the other guy’s a lightweight. You can fight somebody your size or somebody smaller than you. You’ve got to pick and choose your options." 

He says he is not worrying about Pacquiao right now and if that fight comes to reality, then he will handle that. 

Heavyweight

“I don’t feel like I need to do anything. If the fight’s going to happen, it’s going to happen because Pacquiao’s team wants it to happen. Arum’s been trying to make the fight for quite a while and it hasn’t worked. We can’t make those guys fight. The only thing I can do is continue to focus on my career," Crawford continued. 

Heavyweight

But Pacquiao, through social media, posted that his own promotions will handle all transactions for his next match and nobody is authorized to negotiate in behalf of the senator. 

“I, through MP Promotions, will be handling any and all negotiations for my next fight. Nobody is authorized to speak on my behalf. You know my number, call me,” Pacquiao wrote on his Instagram account last Saturday. 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 pm 
Heavyweight

This could be an answer to Arum's media statements that he will fly to the Philippines to offer Pacquiao options for his next fight - either against Crawford, Lomachenko, or Floyd Mayweather Jr. 

However, Arum could still be involved especially if the next tussle is against either Crawford or Lomachenko who are both under Top Rank. 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Boxing Scene
Comment by Mister Wolf

Take it as a compliment Terence. Pac is scared of you. He took a 4 million minimum to fight Jesse Vargas but to face you the minimum had to be 20 million.

Last edited by boxing_the_no1_sport on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:33 pm 
Heavyweight

Comment by MoneyMatters on 07-21-2018

In this fight, Crawford gets the short stick. If Pacquiao lose, people will just say because he is old so it is understandble. If Crawford win, same comment. But, if Crawford lose, people will sing a different tune.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Comment by slimPickings on 07-21-2018

PAC is now in the business of LOW risk HIGH reward. If you do not fit that profile do not bother calling his phone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313 ... 397  Next