Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 412  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 pm 
Heavyweight

While there was no actual fight negotiation that took place during the meeting, Arum said he is now certain what Pacquiao wants to do with the remainder of his career. 

“We know what he wants,” Arum told the Manila Bulletin before boarding the plane for his return flight tom the US.https://sports.mb.com.ph/2018/08/12/aru ... rrah/neext 

According Arum, Pacquiao wants one fight this year and two more in 2019. Asked if he is aware of Pacquiao’s next foe, Arum said, “Still up in the air.” 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:17 pm 
Heavyweight

The Philippine fighting senator has announced earlier that his next fight is tentatively set for Dec. 2, 2018. He is yet to name his next foe. 

At least three major international promoters are presently chasing Pacquiao following his earlier announcement that he is now a free agent. 

Pacquiao has fought under Arum’s Top Rank Promotions for over a decade and his last contract has reportedly expired after his controversial fight against Jeff Horn of Australia. 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:17 pm 
Heavyweight

Some of the promoters that have shown interest in promoting Pacquiao’s next fight include Bob Arum’s Top Rank, Inc., Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing and Floyd Mayweather’s Mayweather Promotions. 

Arum wants Pacquiao to face either Vasyl Lomachengko or Terence Crawford for his next fight. Both fighters are under contract with Top Rank. 

Hearn is reported to have offered Amir Khan as Pacquiao’s next foe in a possible blockbuster fight that could happen at the huge Wembley Stadium in England. Hearn is also trying to entice Pacquiao to join Matchroom for his DZAN platform that is slowly gaining ground in the US. 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm 
Heavyweight

For his part, Mayweather has offered Pacquiao ‘some good competition’ with his fighters and mentioned Mikey Garcia as a possible foe. 

Mayweather has been active as lead promoter of his own Mayweather Promotions and having Pacquiao under his wing would certainly boost his image as promoter. 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm 
Heavyweight

It appears that Hearn’s Matchroom has the upper hand in a possible collaboration with Pacquiao’s MP Promotions because of the looming Pacquiao-Khan fight. Khan is fighting under Hearn’s promotions outfit. But Khan needs to win his next fight which is set for Sept. 8. 

Hearn’s offer comes with a lucrative deal that would feature Pacquiao in his new streaming venture via DZAN which is positioned to compete with ESPN. World’s top boxing promoters chasing Pacquiao for last 3 fights. 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 am 
Heavyweight

Donnie Nietes Believes Pacquiao  Still Has It
by NIALL DORAN

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2018 ... ll-has-it/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:26 am 
Heavyweight

Filipino boxing champion Donnie Nietes has some advice for his fellow countryman Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao ahead of an expected fight this coming December 1st or 2nd, most likely against a significant name in the sport.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:27 am 
Heavyweight

The race is now on by Bob Arum, Eddie Hearn and Floyd Mayweather to sign Pacquiao to their respective promotional companies.

All will have their own things to offer Pacquiao but perhaps one of the main factors will be the fight they offer in December.

Pacquiao plans on fighting once more this year and twice in 2019 then retiring.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:27 am 
Heavyweight

So it’s only going to be big fights for him from here on out one suspects.

Speaking to K.O. Artist Sports, Nietes said:

“I admire the way Manny came back (in the Matthysse fight) from the disaster of Jeff Horn and he showed people he still has it.”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:28 am 
Heavyweight

Asked on if he should fight Lomachenko:

“He don’t want to go in there with him (laughs).”

One would imagine if the fight did happen a catch weight would have to be made.

It’s hard to see Lomachenko going all the way up to welterweight to fight Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:28 am 
Heavyweight

Even as good as he is.

Nietes fights for the vacant WBO super flyweight title next month on September 8th at the Forum in Inglewood, California.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:31 pm 
Heavyweight

De La Hoya: Canelo Beat Golovkin 115-113, GGG Can't Adjust!

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya feels very confident that Saul "Canelo" Alvarez will make the proper adjustments to unseat IBO, WBC, WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin.

The two boxers will collided for a second time on September 15th from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

The first bout took place in September 2017, and saw the two boxers fight to a controversial twelve round split draw. One judge saw it 115-113 for Golovkin, another 118-110 for Canelo and 114-114 was scored by the third for the draw.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:32 pm 
Heavyweight

He had Canelo winning the contest with a 7-5 round margin, 115-113.

For the rematch, De La Hoya believes his boxer will win by a wider margin.

He expects him to make the necessary adjustments to pull away with the victory that's more convincing. De La Hoya, like Canelo, view Golovkin as a boxer who can only fight in one way - coming forward with combinations.

They don't expect Golovkin to make any adjustments for the second - because they believe that he's not capable of doing so.

"Yeah, there's always -- you can always do better. That's the beauty about boxing, and he knows what he has to do. I believe he fought a great fight. He fought his own fight, and I had him up two points," De La Hoya said.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Abel Sanchez: No Beef? I Hope Canelo Stopped Eating Duck Too!

“He ran, he stalled, he didn’t conquer,” so sayeth trainer of the year ABEL SANCHEZ about former two-division world champion Canelo "Beef Jerky" Alvarez, (49-1-2, 34 KOs), of Guadalajara, Mexico.  Sanchez is putting his star pupil GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN, (38-0-1, 34 KOs), from Karaganda, Kazakhstan, boxing’s longest-reigning world champion (since 2010), through his paces at The Summit, the high altitude training camp in Big Bear Lake, Calif., in preparation for the Mexican Independence Day rematch between the two top pound for pound fighters. 

Golovkin, the beef-eating undefeated World Middleweight Champion with the positive attitude and the negative random drug test results, is hard at work training for his record-breaking 21st consecutive title defense.  Canelo vs. Golovkin 2, takes place Saturday, September 15, at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. 

It will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View® beginning at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT.   

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:33 pm 
Heavyweight

“The last fight between Gennady and Canelo was a real contrast of styles,” said Sanchez. 

“Gennady had to chase Canelo, who boasted that he was the true Mexican warrior, around the ring.  It reminded me of the four corners offense those old Dean Smith-coached basketball teams used to play.  I’m seriously considering asking the Nevada Athletic Commission to install a 24-second clock to force Canelo to engage. 

"Compare the activity between the fighters in their first fight.  Gennady did everything in that fight.  Gennady wasn’t the one who got booed by the fans when those crazy scorecards were announced.  And Gennady is going to do even more in the rematch.  I read that Canelo isn’t eating beef in this camp.  Let’s just hope he stopped eating duck too.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 412  Next