Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:54 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356 ... 408  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 am 
Heavyweight

“At least this time I’m going in with two fights. I’m happy with the performance.

“Wilder congratulated me and said it was a great performance. I could have stood there and traded with him but I didn’t mean a one-round KO, I needed rounds.

“Pianeta came with a tight defence, awkward to land on him, he trained hard and was a resilient opponent.

“I could have chose someone who wasn’t as tough but I’m happy with the opponent. I enjoyed every minute of it.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:35 am 
Heavyweight

Frank Warren, Fury’s promoter, said following Fury’s win against Pianeta that the date and the Las Vegas venue for the Wilder-Fury fight will be revealed this week. The fight will also be screened exclusively live on Showtime Pay-Per-View.

“I’ll bring some great guys over, I’ve got enough time to prepare for anybody,” Fury continued when talking about the fight with Wilder. “I’m not going into this for a paycheque, I wouldn’t lose for £100million, you can’t pay any amount of money for me to go Vegas to get sparked out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:35 am 
Heavyweight

“If I didn’t believe I could win this fight I’d pack up and retire today, I don’t box to be second best or to make numbers up, I box to be the best I can be, If I ain’t good enough so be it, I’m taking this fight because I know I can win.

“I know multimillionaires and billionaires too, money doesn’t drive me, I’ll go to Vegas for free and fight Wilder, I’d rather have no money and win than £200 billion and lose.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:36 am 
Heavyweight

“My walls haven’t breached in 10 years. We will leave no stones unturned, we’re going to America to win, that’s how we roll. If I can come back from the brink of defeat I can do anything, I know what life is like on the other side, I also know now what it’s about being in a good place and I’m going to go to Las Vegas and knock Deontay Wilder the f*** out.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-id-lov ... ld--131081

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 am 
Cruiserweight

Just curious - the name of the TS and subject of thread are the same???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:50 am 
Heavyweight

Royce Gracie II wrote:

i wont argue anymore pare. this is not facebook. ill go back to my work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:51 am 
Heavyweight

Royce Gracie II wrote:

no rules are prohibiting it. bye.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:35 am 
Heavyweight

Brandon Rios Brutally Honest When Looking Back At The Pacquiao Fight

by NIALL DORAN - 3 days ago in

BOXING NEWS

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2018 ... iao-fight/

Heavyweight

Boxing warrior Brandon Rios has been in some great fights over the years and treated fans to his fan-friendly all action style for some time. But outside the ring he’s always been value for money too – in terms of his straight to the point, no-nonsense view on his fights and the wider world.

Heavyweight

One fight that didn’t go Rios’ way a few years back was of course the Manny Pacquiao fight.

Arguably he fought Pacquiao in the prime of his destructive, decorated eight-division world title career.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:36 am 
Heavyweight

“He was awkward. He has very good footwork. He throws punches where you don’t see it.”

He added:

“He f***** me up so I’m not going to beat around the bush about it. It is what it is. He f***** me up. It was a first time experience. I think I froze up. Not only that but the time difference bro. No matter what the f*** I did I went two weeks early and I still wasn’t used to that s***.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:36 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao is now looking at his next fight on December 1st or 2nd with opponents such as Amir Khan, Jessie Vargas, Vasyl Lomachenko and others all mentioned as possibilities in recent times.

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2018 ... iao-fight/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:25 am 
Heavyweight

Ergashev: I Want Brandon Rios - I'd Break Him in Half!

Undefeated junior welterweight slugger Shohjahon “Shoh” Ergashev notched another dominating victory on Sunday night, in front of a packed house at the Korston Club Hotel Moscow, in Moscow, Russia, as he demolished opponent Juma Waswa in four one-sided rounds.

Fighting in the 10-round main event, Uzbekistan-born southpaw Ergashev (now 13-0, 12 KOs) was even able to drop Uganda’s Waswa for the first and second times ever, before stopping him the first time in his career.

Heavyweight

Ergashev showed his versatility, as he dug a lot of punches to the body to lower the defense of his opponent, who was fighting out of a high-hand-raised peekaboo stance. Throughout the fight, Waswa (now 10-3-1, 4 KOs) didn't manage to land even one clean punch.

Heavyweight

Afterwards, the confident Ergashev called for a high-profile opponent to face him.

“I am happy I got to get in some rounds and the fight concluded as I wished with a stoppage,” said Ergashev, “but now I am ready to come back to the US and get some big names under my belt. How about Brandon Rios? I would break him in half.”

25-year-old Ergashev, a national hero in Uzbekistan, trains at the Kronk Boxing Gym in Detroit under the watchful eyes of Javan SugarHill Steward and co-trainer Rick Phillips.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356 ... 408  Next