Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:29 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395 ... 477  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:39 am 
Heavyweight

Richardson: Wilder can KO men who are better than him, that changes the game!

Trainer Naazim Richardson provides more insight into Deontay Wilder.

By Wil Esco

In this video interview with respected trainer Naazim Richardson, he discusses his thoughts on Deontay Wilder taking on fighters who are more technically sound than him. Check out some excerpts below of what Richardson had to say...

“Tyson Fury got mad at me when I said this but I say it again: Tyson Fury is a big man. He’s a very big man. Now, my young boy Deontay — I’ll be real with you — there’s farm animals he can knock the **** out...Deontay hit anything solid with a pulse and a lung, they gon’ wiggle!

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/10/12/ ... s-the-game

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:21 am 
Heavyweight

EARLY RESULTS FROM OMAHA

Washington welterweight Keeshawn Williams (4-0-1, 1 KOs) opened the show with a solid, if not spectacular, unanimous decision over Ramel Snegur (2-3-1, 1 KO) of Portland, Ore., Saturday on a card that is forecast to end in a building storm between Terence Crawford and Jose Benavidez Jr.

Williams employed some well-executed body-head shots that staggered Snegur, especially in the third and fourth rounds of a 40-36, 39-37, 40-36 decision

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:34 am 
Heavyweight

Crawford: Benavidez will get ‘same thing everybody else got’

Terence Crawford isn’t a big talker, but he’s promising victory tomorrow night.

Terence Crawford took a swing at Jose Benavidez Jr during Friday’s weigh-in for Saturday night’s ESPN main event, and was interviewed after by ESPN’s Bernardo Osuna.

But Crawford, the undefeated WBO welterweight champion, remains a man of few words, even when there’s something pretty big and newsworthy to talk about. That said, he did offer a few insights, in his cool and calculated way.

Asked about taking a swing at Benavidez

“They’ve been telling me to be cool all week. I’ve been cool, I’ve been keeping it professional, and he pushed me. You seen what I did.”

Asked what Benavidez can expect tomorrow

“Same thing everybody else got.”

Asked about Benavidez saying there’s “nothing special” about Crawford

“They all say that. They all say that until they step foot in the ring with me.”

Asked if he lost his cool during the weigh-in encounter

“I’m cool! I just can’t wait to fight tomorrow.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:25 am 
Heavyweight

Seattle super-featherweight Jose Valenzuela (2-0) helped warm up the ring for Jose Benavidez Jr. with a head-rocking, one-sided decision over a shorter Hugo Rodriguez (1-1, 1 KO) of Mexico. Benavidez’ father and trainer, Jose Sr., worked Valenzuela’s corner, the second bout on an undercard streamed by ESPN+.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:47 am 
Heavyweight

Mikaela Mayer wins unanimous decision

Former Olympian Mikaela Mayer (8-0 4 KOs) of Los Angeles scored a powerful knockdown in the seventh round. A dazed Vanessa Bradford (4-1-2) of Canadian from Edmonton, looked up and got up, but a loss had to look like an inevitability. A round later, it was. Mayer won a unanimous decision.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:48 am 
Heavyweight

Omaha light-heavyweight Steve Nelson stays unbeaten with powerful TKO

Omaha light-heavyweight Steve Nelson (12-0, 10 KOs) came into the ring wearing a mask. But there is no disguise power for his power. No way to elude it either. Oscar Rojas (17-11-1, 6 KOs) of Mexico couldn’t (17-11-1, 6 KOs). Nelson, who had Terence Crawford trainer Brian McIntyre in his corner, dropped with thunderclap of left in the fourth. Somehow, Rojas got back up and onto his feet. But he was finished. It was over moments later, a TKO at 2:50 of the the fourth round.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

Carlos Adames stays unbeaten with quick stoppage

Carlos Adames (15-0, 12 KO), a super-welterweight from The Dominican Republic,  knocked down Josh Conley (14-3-1, 9 KOs) San Bernardino, Calif., once. Then twice. Adames could have knocked Conley down as often as he wanted. But twice was enough to know that even a third would have been too much. It was over, Adames a TKO winner at 2:15 of the second round.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

It was a huge punch and maybe a statement. Former junior-welterweight champion Mike Alvarado (40-4, 28 KOs) delivered it with a huge right hook that put Robbie Cannon (16-14-3, 7 KOs) of Fetus, Mo., flat on his back and finished at 2:15 of the second round. Cannon, who was knocked down earlier in the same round, had to be helped up onto a stool where concerned ring-side physicians watched him until he was fully able to walk under his own power.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:51 am 
Heavyweight

Shakur Stevenson Demolishes Viorel Simion in One Round

CHI Health Center, Omaha - For the vacant World Boxing Council Continental Americas featherweight title, Olympic silver medal winner Shakur Stevenson (9-0, 5 KOs) demolished Viorel Simion (21-3, 9 KOs) in the first round.

Stevenson scored three knockdowns before the contest was waved off in the first.

The win was impressive - considering the fact that Simion had never been stopped and went the full distance with former world champions Scott Quigg and Lee Selby in his only two defeats. Simion was coming off a long layoff, after being inactive since losing to Quigg in April 2017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:57 am 
Heavyweight

ROUND BY ROUNDTERENCE CRAWFORD vs JOSE BENAVIDEZ JR.

Round 1:

SHAKUR STEVENSON vs VIOREL SIMION

Round 1: Stevenson leads with a jab that doesn’t land clean. Stevenson paws with the jab again as he looks to fight Simion from a distance. Stevenson ducks a Simion hook along the ropes and pivots back to center ring. Simion jumps in with a right hook and the fighters get tangled up. Hard right hook lands for Stevenson and drops Simion! Simion beats the count and Stevenson jumps on him and drops him hard again with a combination! Simion gets up to his feet again and Stevenson jumps in with several more hard punches. Another right hook followed by a straight left hand lands for Stevenson! Now another monster right hook levels Simion, who is holding onto the ropes with his glove! He’s out of it! Referee waves the fight off. Stevenson TKO-1.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:06 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:09 am 
Heavyweight

After making it look easy tonight against Viorel Simion in a first round stoppage win, Shakur Stevenson made some bold callouts in his post-fight interview with Bernardo Osuna of ESPN.
“Y’all can give me Lee Selby next, I feel like,” he said. “I feel I’ve been calling Lee Selby out since forever. I’ll go to England and fight Lee Selby, and after I fight Lee Selby, I’ll fight Josh Warrington, too.”

Stevenson, 21, is making some big challenges here for a guy at his level. He’s 9-0 (5 KO) and has looked good so far, but the gulf in class between Simion and the likes of Warrington or Selby is fairly big.

Warrington (27-0, 6 KO) holds the IBF featherweight title, which he won from Selby (26-2, 9 KO) in May of this year. Warrington is set to defend against Carl Frampton on December 22 in Manchester, so obviously he’s busy, which Selby isn’t, but I doubt Selby will be next for Stevenson. The kid has a lot of confidence in himself, and he should, he’s clearly got skills, but I just can’t imagine his team going with Selby next, not when Stevenson is so young and so promising. Maybe by the end of 2019 at the soonest, but certainly not next.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:15 am 
Heavyweight

ESPN5 

@Sports5PH

Here’s @budcrawford402 in his locker room prior to his match against @josebenavidezjr. #CrawfordBenavidez #ESPN5Boxingpic.twitter.com/tMrt2yuHb3

7:21 PM - 13 Oct 2018

Twitter

By: ESPN5 @Sports5PH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:18 am 
Heavyweight

ESPN5

Twitter › Sports5PH

COMING UP: Welterweight title showdown between @budcrawford402 and @Jose @josebenavidezjr! *** Watch the bout LIVE on @TV5manila or via live stream here:tv5.espn.com/boxing/… | #ESPN5Boxing #CrawfordBenavidez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 am 
Heavyweight

COMING UP

round by round coverage

ROUND BY ROUND
TERENCE CRAWFORD vs JOSE BENAVIDEZ JR.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395 ... 477  Next