Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:16 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410 ... 417  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Conlan Fears For Amateur Boxing if Olympics Drops The Sport

MICHAEL CONLAN has spoken of his concern for the future of amateur boxing if the sport is expelled from the 2020 Olympics.

The Belfast Featherweight prospect was involved in one of Olympic boxing’s biggest ever controversies at the 2016 Rio Games.

He was tipped to win 56kg gold, but was the victim of a points defeat against Russian Vladimir Nikitin in the quarter-finals when he looked a clear winner.

https://www.boxingscene.com/conlan-fear ... rt--133549

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Mundine Erupts Over Cheating Claims To Make Weight For Horn

Anthony Mundine has slammed Jeff Horn's camp for claiming the former boxing champion may be tempted to take prohibited substances to make weight for their November 30 fight.

Mundine admitted it would be a challenge to drop weight for the 71kg [156.5] catchweight bout on November 30 in Brisbane - supposedly the 43-year-old's final fight.

But he was angered by Horn's trainer Glenn Rushton's comments this week that claimed the former three-time world champion may take "short cuts".

https://www.boxingscene.com/mundine-eru ... rn--133546

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:49 am 
Heavyweight

Manny Pacquiao responds to Floyd Mayweather backing out of kickboxing fight

Boxing legend Mayweather announced on Wednesday that he would not be facing Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year's Eve.
Manny Pacquiao has posted a cryptic message after Floyd Mayweather pulled out of his proposed kickboxing fight.

Boxing legend Mayweather was due to take on Tenshin Nasukawa in a sensational return on New Year's Eve.

Pacquiao stated this week that he was confident that the pair would reach an agreement despite Mayweather's planned kickboxing showdown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 552510.amp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:56 am 
Heavyweight

Hearn: Wilder-Fury Has Only Sold 8,000 Tickets; Not A Good Look

By Keith Idec

If the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury fight produces impressive ticket and pay-per-view revenue, Eddie Hearn is willing to offer Wilder a larger purse split for a heavyweight title unification showdown against Anthony Joshua.

Hearn, whose company promotes Joshua, continues to state that he wants Joshua to fight Wilder on April 13 at Wembley Stadium in London.

Skeptics suspect Hearn merely is saying what needs to be said and actually intends to match Joshua against Dillian Whyte if Whyte wins his rematch versus Dereck Chisora on December 22 at O2 Arena in London.

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-wilde ... ok--133570

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:07 pm 
Heavyweight

Arum: Golovkin Already Beat Canelo - He Should Face Ramirez!

By Miguel Rivera

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum sees no reason for middleweight contender Gennady Golovkin (38-1-1, 34 KOs) to jump over to streaming service DAZN for a trilogy fight with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

He believes the former IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC world champion should instead move up to 168-pounds for an ESPN pay-per-view fight with WBO super middleweight champion Gilberto "Zurdo" Ramirez of Mexico.

Golovkin was last seen in action back in September, when he suffered the first defeat of his career by way of a close twelve round majority decision loss in his rematch with Canelo. He fought Canelo to a controversial twelve round split draw in September of 2017.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-golovk ... ez--133574

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Adams Dominates Mosley Jr., Easily Wins 'The Contender' Finale

By Keith Idec

Brandon Adams delivered in his second shot at a televised tournament final.

Three years after John Thompson knocked him out in the second round of ESPN’s “Boxcino” 154-pound tournament final, Adams defeated Shane Mosley Jr. in “The Contender” championship match Friday night in Inglewood, California. Los Angeles’ Adams beat Mosley on the scorecards of all three judges – Max DeLuca (99-91), Alejandro Rochin (100-90) and Zachary Young (100-90) – to win the 10-round, 160-pound final of the fifth season of “The Contender.”

The shorter, stronger Adams (21-2, 13 KOs) dominated Mosley for much their fight. He hurt his less experienced opponent several times, but there weren’t any knockdowns during their fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/adams-domin ... ts--133573

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:01 pm 
Heavyweight

SPLIT-SITE DOUBLEHEADER FEATURING ADONIS STEVENSON AND JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR. KICKS OFF BIG NIGHT OF BOXING ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1

NEW YORK – November 9, 2018 – A split-site doubleheader airing live on SHOWTIME and streaming live on SHOWTIME Sports social media platforms will kick off a big night of boxing on Saturday, December 1, leading into the SHOWTIME PPV presentation of the Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury heavyweight blockbuster event presented by Premier Boxing Champions.

Adonis Stevenson will make the 10th defense of his WBC Light Heavyweight World Championship against undefeated, mandatory challenger Oleksandr Gvozdyk to start the action live from Videotron Centre in Quebec City, Canada. The two-fight telecast presented by Premier Boxing Champions continues live from Los Angeles, where Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. will take on Alfredo Angulo in a 10-round super middleweight clash at STAPLES Center.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Despite his many accolades, the 39-year-old Manny Pacquiao remains motivated to stay active in boxing.

The reason? He wants that rematch against Floyd Mayweather Jr.

He believes that his loss to Mayweather in 2015 left a lot of question marks, because he fought the undefeated American while nursing a shoulder injury. 

"I can’t retire with peace of mind because of the defeat. If you watch the fight, he didn't throw many punches," Pacquiao told theMirror Sport.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Now that he’s champion again, Pacquiao is confident he will be able to bring his rival back for a rematch.

"First I am fighting (Adrien) Broner and after that there is a big possibility of the Mayweather fight,” he said. "He is coming back and we are talking about a rematch but we have to deal with these fights first.”

"We met in Japan and he said he wanted to have a rematch; not this time but maybe after the January fight. I told him I have the belt and that I am the champion."

Pacquiao promised that if he gets the rematch, the result will be different "as there will be no excuses."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny Pacquiao responds to Floyd Mayweather backing out of kickboxing fight

Boxing legend Mayweather announced on Wednesday that he would not be facing Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year's Eve.
Manny Pacquiao has posted a cryptic message after Floyd Mayweather pulled out of his proposed kickboxing fight.

Boxing legend Mayweather was due to take on Tenshin Nasukawa in a sensational return on New Year's Eve.

But Mayweather took to Instagram to confirm an agreement was never reached over a fight, having only been proposed a 9-minute exhibition.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 552510.amp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 pm 
Heavyweight

What happened to Mayweather’s RIZIN fight? Chael Sonnen says Floyd made a ‘tremendous mistake’

The former UFC title contender and current Bellator talent is taking ‘Money’ to task over his seemingly ill considered decision to fight a ‘special rules’ bout in Japan and his followup decision to walk away from the deal.

To start from the beginning, back in September Floyd Mayweather Jr. began teasing the idea of a Manny Pacquiao rematch. However, before that fight would happen, he said, he’d be taking part in a “huge boxing event,” in Tokyo. Adding that fans should “stay tuned” for more details.

Two months later and it seemed that the huge tune-up fight had come to fruition, but in a way that entirely shocked the combat sports world. Mayweather wasn’t going to be ‘boxing’ – at least not entirely. Instead he’d be competing in a ‘special rules’ bout against 20-year-old phenom, and world-class kickboxing champion, Tenshin Nasukawa. And he’d be doing so under the promotional banner of the heir to Pride FC’s mantel, RIZIN Fighting Federation.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11/9/1 ... ncellation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:54 am 
Heavyweight

Bellew's Coach: We Fully Believe We Got The Plan To Beat Usyk!

Dave Coldwell is no stranger to daunting challenges. In 2011, the Rotherham-based trainer cornered Sheffield’s Ryan Rhodes as he looked to overcome the threat of Mexican darling, Saul Alvarez, but he was left disappointed as his outgunned charge was stopped in the final round.

Later tonight, Coldwell aims for even bigger heights as he takes Liverpool’s Tony Bellew into battle against Ukraine’s Oleksandr Usyk with every single honour at cruiserweight on the line.

Excited by the size of the task that lies ahead, Coldwell admits that this is the biggest moment of his professional career.

https://www.boxingscene.com/bellews-coa ... yk--133584

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:05 am 
Heavyweight

Arum: Pacquiao left Top Rank because Haymon promised a Mayweather rematch

Bob Arum talks about Manny Pacquiao’s decision to part ways with the his longtime promoter. Arum on his personal feelings about Pacquiao defecting to Al Haymon:

“Manny is really close to my heart. I love him and I wish him well. But at this point in time in his career, with the problems of fighting in the United States and other problems, we couldn’t do anything for him that made sense. Whether Haymon can or can’t, remains to be seen.

“Haymon promised him a fight with Mayweather. Good or bad, if that happens he’ll make some money. I wish him only the best. Really. We came to an end but it was not an end that was antagonistic, it was very amicable, we wished each other well, and I only wish for the best for him.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.badlef ... er-rematch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:58 am 
Heavyweight

Manny Pacquiao enjoys a London adventure as he chases a possible rematch with Floyd Mayweather

By Jack Kinnersley For Mailonline

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... fight.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:59 am 
Heavyweight

The Reason Manny Pacquiao Can’t And Won’t Retire: Floyd Mayweather

James Slater

Superstar and all time great Manny Pacquiao has suffered a number of defeats over the course of his long fighting career – seven in fact. Yet one loss above all others troubles Pac-Man; to the extent that the former multi-weight king cannot “with peace of mind” walk away from the ring. The first loss Pacquiao suffered as a pro, to Rustico Torrecampo is not the thorn in Manny’s side, nor is even the KO loss the Filipino suffered at the hands of Juan Manuel Marquez the one that truly bothers him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boxing ... 103368/amp

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410 ... 417  Next